HR Boards
December 13, 2017, 10:08:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SUPERMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 1853 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2017, 06:58:01 PM »

I ready a 'review' at BC where the reviewer thought it very morbid about Superman returning the dead soldier skeleton to leave on a picnic table. Even after reading it, I wasn't indignantly irritated as the reviewer was. Not sure if I was as sold as the return method, but I overall did love this story. I love being reminded of patriotism. Not just Ameridcan history, but of patriotism to the country. So, I'm glad for reading this

A fill in writer by Keith Champagne (hwho's name I haven't seen by the Big 2 in some time!) takes on a big spoiler invovling Parallax, and Sinestro?! He's believed dead in GL books, and he appears in a fill-in writer's tale? Damn, that's ballsy! But also, a good adventure story that I really enjoyed reading the entire time

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 06:38:33 AM »

I skimmed through issue #29, Jimmy. And while this isn't really a spoiler, it is in a way so ...
We are different in out opinions here.  Cheesy I picked the wrong time to try and make room for this title again. Grin Me no likey this. But again I didn't "read" the entire thing, just a few panels here and there, so that may have damned my opinion of it.  Cheesy
Still, I will try again next month when the A-Team returns as I do find myself missing ... The Red & Blue Cheese (Dr. Sivana)
 Wink
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 05:56:04 PM »

Well, I wouldn't call it Shakespeare, but for an adventure tale, I get it. I'm not sure I care for the cliffhanger rising action of the issue, but I certainly liked the pairing with this villain and Supes.

No apologies needed here; all tastes may vary. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 05:41:31 PM »

Still enjoyed #30. Fun to watch an utterly fearless Sinestro across from the utterly invulnerable Superman. Fun pairing!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS