HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:42:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: GREEN ARROW - REBIRTH  (Read 10608 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »

I know I am not. I din't care for Percy's style of writing and as stupid as it is, and I openly admit it is stupid, the Arrow show has truly soured my love of this character quite a bit.
 Embarrassed
Guggenhiem could literally be writing and drawing the comic as well as the show as far as I am concerned.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 07:13:41 PM »

The magic that Percy was writing before just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Issues 13-15

This just smacks me more as 'lets get our book edicts in place, then you can tell stories again, Percy.' As awesome as Percy was (for me) in the pre-Rebirth volume, he's on the other side of the coin with mostly 'meh' stories here. I'm sick of vacillating between "cool stuff!" and then "so...I read that...yup...that's what I can say about that issue."

Embarrassed

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:18 PM »

Damn man, that sucks. Always sad when that happens. I know I've been through my fair share. You "feel" what a guy is doing and then it just doesn't hit for you anymore. You start thinking if you were really into him because it was good stuff or was I at a point in my life/day/feelings/whatever where I needed what he was saying ... did I change or did his writing start to falter ... did he change?
I think that is what is happening with me and Tom King. As much as I loved his two mini's (Vision and Omega Men) which spoke so greatly for me, his Batman is just not ... winning me over. Is it me? Is it him? Is it Batman?
 Wink
But seriously, yeah, I don't like it when a writer really gets what I want to read and then it just seems to ... not happen anymore.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS