HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:33:52 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: WONDER WOMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 24281 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2016, 01:33:15 AM »

Issues 3 and 4

I loved each issue. This is essentially getting two different Rucka WW titles each month! I love it! The art is fantastic between Liam Sharpe and Nicola Scott. I'm just jazzed to read each and every issue. Not much more to say. Looking forward to how all the origins and different stories are going to be rectified by Rucka.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2016, 01:25:48 AM »

Is there anything much else I need to say than I love this title? And that' its great? And that I love how Rucka gives artists' breaks by doing the one off story with Barbara Ann so his regular story tellers won't be interrupted? This should be the format for the writers and artists to follow to give us the best product they can!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2016, 02:52:40 AM »

Veronica Cale returns!! I only truly remember her very well from when George Perez was writing and draawing the book-in 1986!! Grin

Issue #9

Great, slow down issue, which spun up all kinds of wheels to get more things turning and working in the title.

I love how star struck, smitten, and utterly in love Steve Trevor is. And it doesn't matter they he may never truly have Diana to his own, but no matter what, he does have her love-and that may be just enough for him. She's a goddess! Perhaps all you can do is put her on a pedestal in your thoughts and love her from affar. And Rucka hits that so well.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2017, 03:14:05 AM »

So I read 10 & 11 in a huge push 3 months ago, so I'm now onto

Issue #12

I liked! Really dig Nicola Scott making Diana a young woman! She honestly just looks young!! Bravo for that!!

I won't lie, I chuckled at the
mighty goofy 'mystery solved' that said that SAERS group can be respelled as ARES!! That's our enemy! What was that; a Scooby Doo exposition solving of the case?! LOL  Cheesy Cheesy

Ah, comics; gotta love'em!  Grin

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 07:14:41 PM »

I love the twist Rucka has thrown here. I love that it can make some awesome sense, and honor everything in this title. I'm glad I never had to read any of the Finchs' stuff to get back into WW's title.  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2017, 08:46:42 PM »

Need to catch up is what I need to do.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2017, 02:14:06 PM »

I love the twist Rucka has thrown here. I love that it can make some awesome sense, and honor everything in this title. I'm glad I never had to read any of the Finchs' stuff to get back into WW's title.  Cheesy

You aint kidding, buddy.
Love how this "Year One" stuff ties in so deeply to the "current day" situations. Great stuff. And the end of issue #19  Shocked Shocked Sweet  Hell, can't wait to see issue #21 now, an entire month away.
Man, I hate this Year One and Current Day stuff
 Cheesy

Seriously, yeah, bring on issue #20 and #21 as I am loving this book!!!

9 outta 10 - bracelets that can stop bullets!!!!
 Wink Shocked Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2017, 09:24:13 PM »

Well shit. Right after I post about Pries staying on Deathstroke, it looks like I will be saving even more time dropping Wonder Woman. with issue #25
CRAP

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 02:21:53 AM »

Well shit. Right after I post about Pries staying on Deathstroke, it looks like I will be saving even more time dropping Wonder Woman. with issue #25
CRAP

Well that sucks.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2017, 06:54:02 PM »

And, so it comes to an end.

What another great run by Rucka. Can you believe he first wrote Diana back in 2005? What a continuing long career!

I will love Azzarello's run for most of my years. What an imaginative, creative look at the gods and Diana's life. So very wonderfully (heh) and magically done. All should read it because it's a fantastic written story.

But I'm glad to have Steve Trevor back in Diana's life (since that was so changed by Perez's story after COIE.

Etta Candy black? To be honest, this would probably be akin to changing....Flash Thompson into an Asian man? Perhaps, but maybe not. It's hard to divorce myself from how influential characters are beyond the fanbase of the character. I mean, my friends' who never really read Spidey, let alone care about him, wouldn't give a rip about Flash's heritage. Now, Spidey fans are, and would be. Would longer WW fans than me be up in arms about Etta? Can't say.

But I really, REALLY want to reread these 2 separate stories in the worst way!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 02:51:49 AM »

#26 previews;

Oh man, you see this art? It looks like a really weak Francis Manapul. I'll speak frankly; I don't feel this is the immediate art direction you go with the art team after an amazing run by Rucka/Sharpe and the movie either.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »

Yep, it is a combination Manapul/Manga style art. I hate when artists throw in those "expression Lines" outside of the faces they are drawing. Those lines around the nose or eye that tells the reader the character is "shocked" or "scared". Look at the boy in the first two pages and the "attacker" in the second page HERE.

Ugh

I think DC is pushing the fact that the writer is a well respected woman more than the art here, sadly.

Of course she is only on for an arc and then James Robinson takes over and his arc will delve into Wonder Woman's 'brother'. And while I want to read about that, I am still stepping away from W.W for a few. I need to drop titles when I can

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2017, 02:02:04 AM »

Crap, it's still 4 more issues until Robinson comes on board.

...do I drop a book for 4 issues?

Thinking about it.

I don't hate it, and I can read it. But man, there doesn't seem to be a lot to bring me to love the issue each month either.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »

If it wasn't following Rucka would you be as critical?

I have no stand yet, just seemed like a natural question.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2017, 01:44:35 AM »

If it wasn't following Rucka would you be as critical?

I have no stand yet, just seemed like a natural question.

No, good question.

If it was simply just the title in it's run, I would say that this is the...generalized WW storytelling that occurs by writers without a strong direction of what they'll do for the character. 'Diana reacts this way, so we'll have her react this way. She says these kinds of things, so we'll just spit out something that sounds like that'

It feels like a newb writer getting an assignment on a book that is near to being cancelled. 'Here, don't upset the applecart, but realize what you're writing won't make a difference to anyone either.'

Comparing it to Rucka only makes it look THAT much worse.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS