HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:03:45 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AQUAMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 29710 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2016, 02:43:34 AM »

Issue #9

Still a good issue. I like it. Although, it's a bit of forcing the issue, again, to show how Aquaman is still the picked on guy, but is still so strong, and 'look at what he can do!' but hey, a smart ending to the whole thing nonetheless!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 03:09:54 AM »

Issue 10...& 11?

Seriously?

Another full fledged attack on the US by Atlantis?

Okay, I'd be a proud American-destroy the entire country of whatever enemy brings blood into our streets. Just do it-because Atlantis can obviously not control any of their armaments or home turf either. They are a danger.

I also still find it a little silly that Black Manta did a Conan/Kull the Conqueror/Chronicles of Riddick on N.E.M.O. and it still has worked. "Gosh, this outsider came and killed our main leader-so that means he's our new head honcho and we will all listen and obey him, cuz you know, we wrote that down somewhere that that is what we'd do in this situation."

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 11:50:28 AM »

As for Black Manta, I hate him anyway (just for overuse) so everything he does irks me. But yes, that was above understanding how he so easily ... did what he did.

The other point, I just loved how Aquaman finally showed that while he respects Superman, he damn sure doesn't need to bow to him. Loved that he stood his ground and got some licks in.

Yes the "they are doing THAT again" aspect is frustrating, but it was pretty much setup to happen since issue #1 so we knew it was coming.
 Wink

I think the book is getting better, though long time fans may have more issues that I do  Smiley but with current Abnett writing, that could change issue to issue. Hell, it could change page to page.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2017, 06:36:02 AM »

Aquaman #12

Seriously, how do you come back from this:

5000 dead in Boston alone?

Whether or not Atlantis could be totally exonerated with evidence to the US, Black Manta taking over every single TV in the world to say "I did this!", after the ACTUAL Atlantis invasion attack from the year(s) prior, can public opinion ever by swayed to think Atlantis is friendly? Good? That Aquaman isn't some kind of lying villain?

If done correctly, there isn't anything that is healed by this quickly. Think Hiroshama bombing, and the decades of healing that this took. I don't know how Aquaman isn't anything but a villain to every American citizen after this.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 10:29:33 AM »

Good point, Jimmy
How do you come back from that?

Not knowing, and a total different situation I know, but how did they handle San Diego being underwater all those years ago? Not saying it was the same "war" type structure (was it?) or anything close to it, but just curious as that was the first city I can recall that had massive deaths of people in continuity (was it?  Grin)

Were there any DC cities destroyed (IE massive deaths) like this prior in DC and how was it resolved?

Ha, nothing like someone trying to get you to write a comic manifesto, huh?  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 07:16:35 PM »

Issues 13-15

I think I'm actually beginning to fall in line with this war. That much of it is, dare I say it, making sense thematically, without being insulting? Either that, or I got to read so many in a row, that the weak parts of the story were made up in bulk reading.  Cheesy

It's just too bad that no one ever writes Arthur as a truly great king-or even a good one. I have to go back to PAD and Dan Jurgens for that. *sigh*

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 05:11:09 PM »

Also going Monthly !!???!

Looks like it, but with Sejic's art on the title, monthly is just fine with me. Love his stuff

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2017, 12:15:27 PM »

Just saw (on BC) that Sejic will be doing the art on Suicide Squad #20.

WTF?

So he is only on Aquaman for an issue .. or two (hopefully)?

Well crap on a stick!!!
 Angry Angry Angry Angry

And now I have to read a freaking Suicide Squad comic?

DAMN YOU, DC!!!!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2017, 05:34:54 PM »

Right? Is he only on for a new kick start to the writing direction only?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2017, 10:00:35 AM »

Yeah, I don't know. Just really bummed.  Sad I know DC isn't to blame. He is a busy guy and probably just wants to jump around a bit, but still ... I was really looking forward to his art on here for at least 6 issues. I just think his style would work so well in an underwater environment ... thought this was going to be one of those great "Art meets perfect subject" kind of things
 Cry

Of course maybe his art will suck and all of this  ...  Naaaahhhh Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2017, 10:57:39 PM »

Okay, now I'm really confused.
No comments, please
Cheesy

Just saw this on June 2nd's the Rundown (Multiversity Comics) =

"...the new regular “Aquaman” artist Stjepan Sejic will be taking over “Suicide Squad”#20 for Eddie Barrows and Eber Ferreira"
 Huh

So just a fill and back to Aquaman?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 12:14:22 PM »

Why can't he do two books?  I'm confused by your confusion.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 09:09:19 PM »

Why can't he do two books?  I'm confused by your confusion.   Grin

Smiley

Well he may be able to do two issues in a month, but I haven't seen an artist do two titles a month since ... man ... who was the last one to do that? Jerk Byrne? Maybe? J.R.Jr? Capullo (before DC?)

Just saying if Sejic started Aquaman and then is doing Suicide Squad a month or two later, it would seem he may have stopped doing Aquaman to do the Squad. I hope not!! I hope he ripped out the Squad comic before joining Aquaman and it is just coming out after his new gig or he is indeed fast enough to do what Perez use to do. Or heck, remember Kirby and his 6 titles a month.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 09:28:00 PM »

Well he may be able to do two issues in a month, but I haven't seen an artist do two titles a month since ... man ... who was the last one to do that? Jerk Byrne? Maybe? J.R.Jr? Capullo (before DC?)

Ah - lazy Millennials.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(Just kidding for those of you who are Millennials)   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 09:56:14 PM »

Grin
YEAH!!!

I would yell for you Millennials to get off my lawn, but you young'ins are so lazy that I would have to wait for you to go to your Uber app and request a ride before you could move !!!!!

Wink Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS