HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:32:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BATMAN - REBIRTH  (Read 22692 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2021, 03:00:10 AM »

Alrighty then Tom King, you certainly caught my attention!

I'm oh so slowly catching up on my backlog of DC since I caught up on my backlog of Marvel!

I caught up on all things Flash (er, well, as of 6 months ago), and then Justice League, now...The Batman!

And I'm through City of Bane, issue 85.

You sir, really took a need method, I feel, with Batman. You found the person underneath, so very often. That's the character I miss most of all when seeing Batman all over the place- the human man. I adore his love story here with Selina. Utterly adore it.

I love that each issue isn't an automatic step 5 secs into the future from the past issue. I love that each issue is a piece to itself that fits the whole narrative.

I like how they 'found' Mike Janin to be the new Tony Daniels (and he's only about 7 years past being the 'new' Jim Lee on Batman! LOL)

I'm sickened that John Romita JR did 2 issues of City of Bane. Get that trash outta here. (2001 Jimmy T of the Realm just started crying for some reason, if we could see into the past via wormhole).

I think , most of all, the story just...has a resonance to it. And that's why I really enjoy it.

I know Tom King ends up leaving Batman...and Tynion from Dectective comes over to Batman to keep up with his Batman stories.

Yeah...I'll see if I like that as much. I'm 2 years back of this reading from 2 years ago yet. Whoops!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2021, 03:13:57 PM »

As much as I am enjoying Batman with the storyline is racing towards Future State, Detective seems to be more interesting to me.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2021, 12:57:12 PM »

I'm sloooooowly getting caught up! I'm at Batman 95, and I know that DCI just dropped Batman 106, so I'm within spitting distance of being, well, 'on-time' with the 6 months behind release schedule! LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS