HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 09:06:58 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Batman vol 8 'Superheavy'  (Read 5145 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: May 27, 2016, 02:45:38 AM »

Robo-bunny Batman to the rescue!!

I have no problem with the fact they make fun of the suit. Makes me wonder if Capullo has some manga/gungnam desire and got to draw it.

But seriously, what irritates me about the suit is wondering how Gordon fits in it. Because his knees are not at the suit's knees, and his shoulders can't be at suits shoulders...so...how the hell does he fit inside?!! Cuz look at how the suit moves and pivots! I can't understand it! No sense!!

As far as the story, it's weak sauce. Also, this volume was part 1 of Gordon's epic, so,....it just feels like I haven't read anything yet. The part I do really love is the explanation of what happened Bruce with the chemical bath and what it has done to his psyche. Listening to Alfred talk makes me want Bruce to never return to his knightlife (heh).

So, it's okay. Doesn't feel like I read half the story; just the prologue. So, I gotta wait a bunch more months to see the end of this story. *sigh*  Undecided

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2016, 02:37:05 PM »

Wasn't a great arc, but the end was much better. Well ... better. Just plain ole "Better", I guess.
 Undecided

Your suit fit claim is valid however  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 12:04:39 AM »

I didn't enjoy it at all really.    I was willing to give Snyder another arc to redeem himself in my eyes but now Rebirth is here and the creatives are swapping around. I'll likely checkout all the Bat books going forward but, yeah, this was just not my mug of ale.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS