HR Boards
December 16, 2017, 03:35:51 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: UNIVERSE REBIRTH  (Read 1427 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2016, 06:56:39 PM »

Know what I really want, now that I think of it?

I want my Kon-El, Conner, my Superboy back. Wally is back, but man, I'd love to have this guy back around too.Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 06:26:08 AM »

Don't think DC will bring "Superboy" back as they no-longer own 100% of that name (I don't believe, as a result of the Schwartz lawsuit), but they may be willing to either bring a character clone with a different name or just go ahead and pay the family royalties. But again, I am not sure what the ruling really entails. 

Not sure if "Conner" will be a way out or not. In fact, maybe Conner was, but then had to die when the ruling came down? Did Conner die in 2008?
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 07:44:35 PM »

Well, Conner died in Infinite Crisis, but was brought back in the Titans and Final Crisis. He lived just fine until the New52 erased him entirely and put in some other douche character that was called Kon-El. However, it was revealed during the end of the New52 Superboy title that Conner was out there in a potential alternate universe somewhere.

There is no current Superboy litigation issues anymore, as DC does and is going to be using it again.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 06:14:49 AM »

I know there is no litigation going on, but i could have sworn I read a few years back that a decision was reached about the name Superboy.

Does DC not pay the Schwartz family whenever the name Superboy is used?

And when he was brought back, did they use the term "Superboy"? And was all this prior to the decision I thought I remembered or was that not even a thing?
 Cheesy

I only ask these questions because I do not know  Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 11:18:17 AM »

Seems like for awhile they had to just call him Conner b/c they couldn't use Superboy but that could have changed.

"If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?" - Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 03:46:18 PM »

In New52, the character was always referred to as Superboy. So, the name thing wasn't an issue anymore. In fact, as of 2013, it was ruled in court that DC does in fact own the Superboy name and rights to the character.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:48:01 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2016, 05:11:31 PM »

Sweet. So they overrode the decision or was there not a decision? So DC pays the Schwartz nothing nothing now or did they ever pay them?

Man, you are almost like my eldest daughter when it comes to getting answers from you.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am not talking about the Siegels. I am pretty sure their was a ruling on giving the Schwartz family payments for the name. But, hell maybe I am wrong. That's why I am asking the Superman guy
 Wink Smiley

EDIT - Hell, I can't find anything on the nets so I must have misheard this crap, but I could have sworn, would have bet the house, that the Schwartz family was awarded co-naming rights to Superboy. But I'm tired of looking and I don't want Jimmy any more mad at me for asking.
 Cheesy Grin

Wink
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 06:31:14 PM by Perry » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS