HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:18:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Why Won't Marvel Let CAPTAIN AMERICA Be CAPTAIN AMERICA?  (Read 7619 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 25, 2016, 07:30:03 PM »

Amen brother, amen!

http://www.newsarama.com/29462-let-cap-be-cap.html

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:12:08 PM »

Gonna wait to click this after I read the Cap #1 issue ... as I am thinking that is what it is about.

If not about issue #1, let me know, Jeff?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 09:46:37 PM »

Yes it will spoil Issue 1 which it did for me so wait to read it.  BUT MAKE SURE YOU COME BACK!!   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »

Okay so I read issue one, and having to bite me teeth about some of Spencer's political points of view ... one that is so high on Hillary Clinton that he can't see reason ... so much so that I had to stop following him on twitter and told him that very thing not too long ago -

... but I can't see what all the fervor is about. There is nothing here that hasn't been done to countess other comic characters. It's comics for heaven's sake. Maybe I am just apathetic as I don't really care too much about Cap comics now and haven't for a few years (I mean, they're fine, I enjoy them, but ya know ...). Having him say that or do what he did is the literary simile of soap operas on television. It is a shock ending.

I just don't get the anger nor why anyone would send fucking death threats over a comic. Look, I was pissed about the Mary Jane thing, yes, I admit, and I may have gone too far. But I never, ever came close to threatening someones life over a freaking fictional event. And the difference between my anger with Mary Jane and Peter was that it made no sense. This, for storytelling, kinda does.

It doesn't mean it is real. I mean comic book real. I mean, who says it wasn't part of the plan all along? I highly doubt they are taking Steve Rogers and making him
a true follower of Hydra.
Ya know?  

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 09:30:56 PM »

Yeah I know.  It's just another trick to sell comics.  Just seems to me, since the movies are so popular they could just let him be Cap.  I mean, Brubaker managed to tell a compelling Cap story without changing who Cap is.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:18 AM »

Yeah I know.  It's just another trick to sell comics.  Just seems to me, since the movies are so popular they could just let him be Cap.  I mean, Brubaker managed to tell a compelling Cap story without changing who Cap is.

But maybe they are not changing him is all I am saying. Maybe he is just trying to play spy. I don't think they are changing him, the symbol of America in the Marvel Universe to be a true Hydra sleeper. But hell, with my track record on what I think will/is/should happen ... he will probably shoot Agent Carter and then himself while waving a swastika laden flag
 Grin Cheesy
I am obviously bad at this shit.
 Cheesy

Speaking of which, I have more issues with
Agent Carter being old ... well older now than I do with Steve changing. Not sure where I missed that, but I did. I mean, she is not 70, but she is portrayed as every bit of 60 ... or a very rough 55 maybe? I guess she may have been a little older when Cap and her got back from Zola's dimension ... but I don't recall her looking anywhere close to this old.
Huh

Any help, Jimmy?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 01:22:31 AM »

Now that character is that old now.
doh kid need diaper

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 02:40:11 AM »

It's Marvel. This will have absolutely no lasting effect, or be undone or redirected by their next event plague.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 02:08:02 PM »

Perry, yeah Sharon aged in the Zola universe. She aged the same number of years that Ian did.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »

It's Marvel. This will have absolutely no lasting effect, or be undone or redirected by their next event plague.  Cool

Like both companies do  Wink

And rightfully so  Shocked Shocked Shocked

I mean, they have to. There is no other choice.  Smiley

Perry, yeah Sharon aged in the Zola universe. She aged the same number of years that Ian did.

Okay, yeah, I remember it a little. But man, she looks older than I remember. Must be the drugs!!!
  Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS