HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 06:09:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Weekly Reader - May 25  (Read 4066 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 25, 2016, 03:58:09 PM »

Adding a new thread to talk about what we are planning on reading each week.  This isn't just for what just came out but anything you are planning on reading.  New, Marvel Unlimited, Trades, Comixiology, etc!

We created this one so the Top of the Stack thread can focus on what you are MOST excited about!

Here's what I'm planning to read this week:

TRADES (or in my case, bathroom readers)  TMI?
Ivar, Timewalker TPB Vol 3 Ending History - carry over from last week.  Almost done with it.
Harbinger TPB Vol 5 Death of a Renegade
Harbinger TPB Vol 6 Omegas

Marvel Unlimited
Superior Carnage 1      
Superior Carnage 2      
Superior Carnage 3      
Superior Carnage 4      
Superior Carnage 5  

Comixology
DC Rebirth 1
Huck 1
Huck 2
Huck 3
Huck 4
Huck 5
Huck 6

I've taken Friday off and Monday is a holiday.  The kiddo goes off to summer camp on Sunday so I may be able to read even more this week.  Unless the wife wants Mommy/Daddy time since the kiddo's away.   Grin
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 09:05:55 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 09:23:51 PM »

Yeah, I like this ... we should have done this awhile back.

Let me see ... As for what I know I am gonna try and read this week -

Was Rebirth in the top spot, but having just returned from the LCS just to say hi to peeps ... I need to change that now. I hear there are a couple issue prior that you should read first, though not a must.

1 - Justice League #50
2 - Superman #25
3 - Rebirth
(Then, as mood hits me, and when I can get the ones I don't have)
Captain America #1
Extraordinary X-Men #10
Grayson #20
Johnny Red #7
Flash 52
Nighthawk #1
Lobster Johnson: Metal Monsters of Midtown
Afterlife with Archie 2-4 (I hope)
Chilling Tales of Sabrina (3-whatever issue it is up to)
and
Rachel Rising #42, though I may sit and re-read this entire run first. I don't think I read the last 3 or 4 issues anyway, thinking I was gonna do a full read through, so yeah ... may just do that. More pushing Marvel Heroes Return to the back-burner
 Cheesy Grin
I am sure I won't get the full run in this week, however.

Those are the ones I know I want to tackle this week.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 10:35:01 AM »

1 - Justice League #50
2 - Superman #25
3 - Rebirth

(Then, as mood hits me, and when I can get the ones I don't have)
Captain America #1
Extraordinary X-Men #10
Grayson #20
Johnny Red #7
Flash 52
Nighthawk #1
Lobster Johnson: Metal Monsters of Midtown
Chilling Tales of Sabrina (3-whatever issue it is up to)
and
Rachel Rising #42, though I may sit and re-read this entire run first. I don't think I read the last 3 or 4 issues anyway, thinking I was gonna do a full read through, so yeah ... may just do that. More pushing Marvel Heroes Return to the back-burner

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2016, 04:40:55 PM »

TRADES
Ivar, Timewalker TPB Vol 3 Ending History

Marvel Unlimited
Superior Carnage 1      
Superior Carnage 2      
Superior Carnage 3      
Superior Carnage 4      
Superior Carnage 5

Comixology
DC Rebirth 1
Huck 1
Huck 2
Huck 3
Huck 4
Huck 5
Huck 6

Between Ivar and the finale of CW's Flash, my brain is wacked by time travel paradoxes.  Great book though in Ivar.

Superior Carnage was fun if for no other reason than getting to read another Superior Spider-Man story. And it's a lot of fun too.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2016, 09:26:11 PM »

Waiting for ya to read Huck. Pretty good mini and if you end up thinking like me or thinking like Jimmy (We both liked it, but just had a little different feeling about the end. Nothing major), you should enjoy it ... at least as much to think it is Millar's best work in a few. (I think Jimmy and I both felt that ... I think  Cheesy)

For me -

1 - Justice League #50
2 - Superman #25
3 - Rebirth
Captain America #1
- I still don't see what all the hub-bub is about  Undecided
Extraordinary X-Men #10 - Just not into the X-Men team. Think this will be it for me.
Grayson #20
Johnny Red #7 - I love WWII stories and no-one does it better than Ellis
Flash 52 - Okay, time to re-set this
Nighthawk #1 - Punisher with Batman's resources and a lot more anger
Lobster Johnson: Metal Monsters of Midtown - I need to read more of this universe
Chilling Tales of Sabrina
and a late addition I forgot to add prior -
Aliens: Defiance #2 - I am gonna post on this. Sooo damn good!!!!!

I have family in town so I know already I am not going to get as much read as I wanted. Especially if I keep forgetting about stuff like Aliens
 Grin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 01:58:40 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »

TRADES
Ivar, Timewalker TPB Vol 3 Ending History

Marvel Unlimited
Superior Carnage 1      
Superior Carnage 2      
Superior Carnage 3      
Superior Carnage 4      
Superior Carnage 5

Comixology
DC Rebirth 1
Huck 1
Huck 2
Huck 3
Huck 4
Huck 5
Huck 6

Made it through Harbinger Vol 5 Death of a Renegade.  Loved it.  Really good story with an unexpected death.  Looking forward to Vol 6.  I'll have to put it and Huck at the top of my list for the week starting tomorrow since I didn't make it to them this week. 

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2016, 01:24:18 AM »

Harbinger was an awesome series. It kinda, in a way, flips over to Imperium when it ends. Kinda
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2016, 02:22:30 AM »

Harbinger was an awesome series. It kinda, in a way, flips over to Imperium when it ends. Kinda
 Grin

That makes sense. I can see it handing that way.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS