HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:04:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kung Fu Panda 4 premieres in theaters March 8, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Axis  (Read 8210 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 17, 2016, 01:42:16 AM »

Well, I'm finally up to Axis in my Marvel Unlimited reading.  I'm going to start reading these this week in release order.  Wish me luck!

Magneto 9
Uncanny Avengers 24
Loki Agent of Asgard 6
Magneto 10
Uncanny Avengers 25
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 1
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 2
Loki Agent of Asgard 7
Magneto 11
All New X-Factor 15
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 3
Axis: Hobgoblin 1
Deadpool 36
Axis: Carnage 1
Axis: Revolutions 1
All New X-Factor 16
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 4
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 5
Axis: Hobgoblin 2
Captain America & the Mighty Avengers 1
Nova 23
Superior Iron Man 1
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 6
Avenger's World 15
Axis: Carnage 2
Axis: Revolutions 2
Deadpool 37
Loki Agent of Asgard 8
Magneto 12
Captain America & the Mighty Avengers 2
Nova 24
Superior Iron Man 2
Wolverine & the X-Men 12
All New X-Factor 17
Axis: Revolutions 3
Deadpool 38
Inhuman 8
Amazing X-Men 14
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 7
Avengers World 16
Axis: Carnage 2
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 8
Axis: Hobgoblin 3
Axis: Revolutions 4
Inhuman 10
Avengers & X-Men: Axis 9
Captain America & the Mighty Avenger 3
Deadpool 39

Loki Agent of Asgard  9
Nova 25
Superior Iron Man 3
Superior Iron Man 4
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 01:13:59 AM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 02:58:20 PM »

I'm off to a good start.  Finished 7 issues already.  I can see this is going to be an ordinary event right away with the formulaic big bad guy in Red Onslaught with the whole universe fighting and losing over and over.

But the point I'm at now is where
Magneto just brought in his army of bad guys to join the fight.

Nice twist and explains why all of the side stories are there.  Despite its ordinary plot I'm enjoying it so far.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 03:09:16 PM »

Just went over to the Event thread and read Perrys assessment of the first two issues.  I have to agree with him that
the Summers brothers burying the hatchet so easily was way to forced.  I believe they would join together to fight Red Onslaught but no way would they be so nicey nice to each other like nothing ever happened.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 08:27:44 PM »

Wow. Axis: Revolutions #1.  Not funny at all. Just gawd awful.  That Dr Strange story....just wow.  Let us never speak of this again.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:47:24 AM »

I can't believe you are going through them all  Grin The "event", as it was, was not a good event at all and should have stayed just a story in Uncanny Avengers ... where it would have been a pretty damn fun story arc. It is just not a good event. You got balls trying to read all the stuff associated with it as well
 Grin

My suggestion, read Uncanny Avengers 1-25 (or whatever it went to) and then read Axis 1-9 (or whatever it went to) and just pretend you are still reading Uncanny Avengers when you are reading Axis and you will have a good time.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »

I'm officially halfway through this event.  Like most events there are some good tie ins and some bad.  On the whole, it is not bad.  Not wow worthy but an enjoyable story of events. The "twist" of invertion has been interesting to see so far with its affects on Iron Man, Carnage, and Dr. Doom being the most fun.  I see what Perry means by saying its a good normal run story but calling it a major event has set the wrong expectations for it.

Time to start the downhill beginning with Deadpool 37.......

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

Since I didn't bother with soooo much other Axis stuff, how much of these angles have stuck around since after Secret War?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 07:24:16 PM »

After Secret Wars? ummm ... wow man, Axis ... been awhile.
 Cheesy
I know Sabertooth
is still not the killer he once was, Not a "good guy" per se, but still like his AXIS reversed self.

Trying now to think of other things that were not already "fixed or revemped or edited away or storied away" before the start of Secret Wars .

Not sure if Red Skull/ White Skull was ever addressed ... man, really can't think of anything else. Tony is not the same white armor ass, but I think that was spirited away pretty fast, before Secret Wars, but maybe not. I'm sure there are some things, got to be, that's what events do (fix shit ... or break shit ...the company wants fixed), but I can't really think of anything that was a result of AXIS that was changed specifically in SW, except for maybe the Red Skull idea, but I think Remender had a plan for that, but when you lose the writer that had the plan ...
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2016, 01:11:26 AM »

Well, there was ...

Red Skull
Sabretooth
Tony Stark
Havok (haven't read anything about him at this point)
Carnage
Magneto?

Cyclops too, right? Or was he settled up by the end of it? Not sure.
Hobgoblin too?

For me, it was also about Xmen taking over New York, and the Xmen fighting various groups and stages of Avengers too.

Just...swept away...because....Magic....or Beyonder abilities. Whatevs, ya know? Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2016, 11:49:36 AM »

Well I'm not reading Carnage, Jeff is, I think, so I can't speak on him. I know he, and a bunch of other villains (and Creed the no ex-villain) took some responsibility for the New York thing ... heck I don't remember much else.

Sabertooth I know is still the same.

Iron Man ... again, not sure but it could have been the SW that reverted him back to ... not as much an ass ...  Cheesy ... but that may be the reason they allowed the move to begin with, knowing that SW was going to change the Universe. Or not.
 Grin

Havok hasn't been seen, but Marvel just said he is coming back. I am not sure he will be the same as we left him in Axis (inverted into a bad guy), but maybe.

Cyclops ... well, you have to go back to Secret Wars to find out about him.
 Grin
(though ... well ... never mind. It's comics.)
 Cheesy

Red Skull has appeared, but not enough to know what is going on with him, really. And again, I think Remender had plans for the character and that changed when he left Marvel.

Not sure ... I can't remember ... what happened to Magneto in Axis that is now or maybe different?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2016, 12:05:05 PM »

I'm working through the Secret Wars tie ins right now so I haven't read anything past Secret Wars yet.  I don't it affected Magneto though. I read his solo book and don't remember any lasting change on him after Axis.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2016, 03:36:03 PM »

Damn, I forgot, As for Red Skull ...

He does still have Xavier's brain.
So that is till in effect as well

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2016, 02:02:49 AM »

I think I was just wrong about Magneto, to be honest.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS