HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:28:35 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: TOP OF THE STACK 5/11/16  (Read 3356 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 11, 2016, 08:23:36 PM »

What are your top 3 or 4 books at the top of your reading list this week?

*This does not take the place of "This Weeks Comics", which is also an important part of the discussion, so Jeff, please do continue that!!  Cool Cool

We all have them, our favorite or most anticipated new books that we want to try. And when they hit, we can't wait to get our grubby little hands on them. They are the first 2 to 4 books that our bright eyes gaze upon, pushing all others to the "I will read them when I have more time" slot. Yes, for these books we make time, damn it. These ... above all others!!!
 Grin

My plan is to read these this week:

Trades
Teen Titans Earth One HC Vol 1

Marvel Unlimited (Sept-Nov 2014)
All New X-Men #32
All New Invaders #10
Inhuman #6
Thor #1
All New Invaders #11
Cyclops #6
All New X-Men #33
Inhuman #7
Thor #2
Inhuman #8
All New Invaders #12
Cyclops #7

Comixology
Midnighter 7
Midnighter 8
Midnighter 9
Midnighter 10

« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 08:33:25 PM by Jeff » Logged

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 12:34:36 AM »

Very simple this week. Only one title gets in my Top of The Stack this week and it belongs to:

Satellite Falling #1 from IDW.

I can't wait to read that darn book, as I have been waiting 4 months to do so!!!!

Though if forced to make a declaration of my number two title for the week it would belong to Vision #7 !!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 04:07:53 PM »

Trades

All New X-Men #32
All New Invaders #10
Inhuman #6

Thor #1
All New Invaders #11
Cyclops #6
All New X-Men #33
Inhuman #7

Thor #2
Inhuman #8
All New Invaders #12
Cyclops #7

Comixology
Midnighter 7
Midnighter 8
Midnighter 9
Midnighter 10

Making progress.  Not sure what I think about Teen Titans Earth One.  There were flaws and I'm not a fan of this version of the characters.  But the end left me with wanting to know what happens next.  I think I'll give it a 3 out of 5 Star...fires.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2016, 04:30:42 PM »

I think I'll give it a 3 out of 5 Star...fires.   Grin

Grin

Hmmm, I still have yet to read that darn thing. I need to do that, but with that rating, I am not sure I want to push it forward or up my pile.
 Undecided

Reading Injection now. Man, you really do need to collect about 4 issues or get the first volume of Ellis sometimes before you start reading. I mean, it is hard to get into his stories when they get deep, but if you read them back to back or in collected form they are so much better/easier to get a hold on. This is no exception. I tried the first issue of this title when it first came out and just felt ... lost(?) ... but now that I have waited and got about 8 or 9 issues, and read the first 6 in a row now, man, it is good. Damn good.
 Smiley

Not sure why I went on and posted about Injection here  Cheesy but ... oh well, there it is.
 Cheesy Cheesy
I guess I put in an Injection
 Shocked
 Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 02:42:06 AM »

I haven't turned on my computer in 9 days.

I read Batman vol 8 'Superheavy', and I'm keen to talk on that.

That's it!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 04:38:14 AM »

Guess I should have updated but yeah - I finished my list.

Trades

All New X-Men #32
All New Invaders #10
Inhuman #6
Thor #1
All New Invaders #11
Cyclops #6
All New X-Men #33
Inhuman #7
Thor #2
Inhuman #8
All New Invaders #12
Cyclops #7

Comixology
Midnighter 7
Midnighter 8
Midnighter 9
Midnighter 10

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS