HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:42:43 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ROM  (Read 9831 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

ROM
« on: May 11, 2016, 01:25:40 AM »

Everything that made the new Micronauts somewhat intriguing was missing in the FCBD issue of ROM.

The art was weak and the writing was ... well, I will be kind and say it was very adolescent. Okay, and quite poor if I am being honest.

Sorry to the creative team, but the only thing this issue accomplished was to make me remove "ROM" from my pull-list.  Undecided

2 outta 10 - nickles that I would pay to read this series.
 Embarrassed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 03:41:01 PM »

Oh man, that sucks!  I miss reading the old ROM comic.  I wonder if Marvel Unlimited has it.....

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 03:42:17 PM »

Oh man, that sucks!  I miss reading the old ROM comic.  I wonder if Marvel Unlimited has it.....

Nope.  Not there.   Cry

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:50:16 PM »

Nope.  Not there.   Cry

Did you try this version of ROM yet? Whoa boy ...  Angry Cry Lips sealed

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 04:02:21 PM »

No.  Decided not to bother after reading this.  I have too many other titles to catch up on that I might enjoy.

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2016, 01:51:45 PM »

i read the FCD book and thought it was ok but not enough to really get a feeling of where it will go.

has the 1st official issue been released yet...i havent seen a release date.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2016, 02:22:33 PM »

i read the FCD book and thought it was ok but not enough to really get a feeling of where it will go.

has the 1st official issue been released yet...i havent seen a release date.

Hey buddy, Just wanted to let you know that I have just seen Rom #1 being released the week of 7/27 ... so next Wednesday !!! If you do get it, let us know if it got better, yeah?
 Smiley

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2016, 08:16:01 PM »

yup saw that yesterday.  Will let you know once i pick it up and find time to read it Wink
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 08:19:23 PM »

Cheesy
Yeah, good luck !!!  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2017, 02:37:11 PM »

yup saw that yesterday.  Will let you know once i pick it up and find time to read it Wink

Nine issues and an Annual are out and they are priced right on Comixology ($1.99 each).

Worth picking up?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 06:40:48 PM »

Worth picking up?

I guess that's a no?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2017, 10:01:13 AM »

Worth picking up?

I guess that's a no?   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Cheesy
There may be in answer in Mega thread?

Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2017, 03:54:15 PM »

Comixology has ROM #'s 1 - 10 and the 2017 Annual on sale for $0.99 each.  That's my Q to pull the trigger.   Grin

https://www.comixology.com/ROM/comics-series/72664?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC90b3BSZXN1bHRzU2xpZGVy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2017, 03:53:32 PM »

Issues 1-10 and Annual 2017

Well this isn't bad.  I did find myself starting to care about some of the side characters and if I had an unlimited amount of money I might keep buying.  But I don't and it's just not good enough to stay on my reading list.  Actually, if your into the toy universe that IDW is building you might want to get this series.  It crosses into the G.I.Joe and Transformers worlds (especially G.I.Joe) which could be fun if your into that whole "scene".  But I'm not so this really just isn't for me.

I don't want to give this a bad rating because I think for some people this will be fun and I would recommend they pick it up.  It's just not for me.  So much so that I'm not even going to bother with the last five issues of the story arc even after investing 10 issues of time.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS