HR Boards
March 28, 2017, 10:23:36 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hero Realm now
officially 475 members
strong!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ALIENS: DEFIANCE  (Read 238 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: May 01, 2016, 07:11:46 PM »

Hole crap on a stick this was good. The art and flow made me feel like I was watching an Alien movie.

Another strong female character, fighting through other physical issues and who is this time surrounded by those damn (trustworthy?  Grin) androids.
 Cheesy

Brian Wood does a great job with the dialog ... and lack of it ... and sets a "dangerous tone" very well, especially for a first issue, But honestly, the art by Tristan Jones combined combined with the perfect colors of Dan Jackson, just knock this puppy right out of this galaxy!!!

EDIT - From the web - "The series is described by writer Brian Wood as being a stand-alone horror-survival story in the vein of the films Alien and Aliens, unrelated to other Aliens/Predator/Aliens vs. Predator titles being published by Dark Horse Comics"

And I am happy for it!!!  Smiley

On my pull and near the top each month from now on.

9 outta 10 - Status Tubes (a 1st issue that is very worthy of your time)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:15:35 PM by Perry » Logged
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2016, 05:33:59 AM »

Issue #2

Look, I know when it comes to comics that Aliens books are not usually the best offering, but I am telling you now, if you like the Alien movie series you should really like this title. Written by Brian Wood (Rebels, DMZ, Northlanders, Star Wars, Starve) with art by Tristan Jones (Not sure what he has done, but this art is fantastic) and colors by Dan Jackson, this book is as close to the movie series as any comic I have seen. Not because it is based on the movie Alien characters, but because it feels like an Alien movie. As close as you can get in comic form at least.

And Brian and Tristan know the proper way to do opening credits look like a movie, without wasting two pages and a stupid background image to do so. Hear that Marvel !?!?!
 Cheesy

If you like the movies, any or all of them, give this book series a try (especially if you can get them at a good price).
 Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS