HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:25:56 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SPIDER-MAN  (Read 14360 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2017, 03:46:55 AM »

Hey, if Spider-Gwen is another universe, cool, didn't know, because I simply could not care. Then again, I got 130+issues of May 'Mayday' Parker, Spider-girl! comics, so if S-G is someone's thing, cool, all the more power to them!

Just stay out of this universe.

I want a continuity punch to happen to utterly erase Silk, her 'Original Sin' origin, and the affect she has on Peter, and all the stuff he did with her.

I was more fine with Kaine still being around than Ben Reilly. Reilly is a magic in a bottle for an era that is long gone. There are no 'kids' clamoring for him to return-it's just old late 30 year olds like me that read the Clone Saga as teens.

Gabe deserves to be back in his solid blue duds back in 2099. Talk about an idea just sputtering out to nowhere in that book.

I hated Hated HATED the entire concept of 'Renew Your Vows.' "What," says Marvel, "Here's your married Peter and MJ with kid! It's what you wanted, right?" SCREW YOU MARVEL, THEIR DAUGHTER IS MAY, NOT THIS ANNE NONSENSE. Talk about taking a deep drag on a cigarette, blowing it right in our face, and then having them say 'what you gonna do about? Nothing, just take it, geeks.'

Hell, I forgot that they are publishing a Carnage and Venom books too. At least that Web-warriors tanked faster than the Catwoman movie. See, no one truly gave a shit about that!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2017, 01:10:10 AM »

Spider-Gwen crossover with issues 12 *& 13

NEVER WILL I READ THE NEXT ISSUE.

THIS DIALOGUE MAKES ME WISH TO DO HONEST VIOLENCE ON BENDIS.

THIS INANE, DOUBLE TALK BRAIN DIARRHEA CHATTER MAKES ME WISH TO KILL.

And it's being dragged out through 6 issues.

Suffice to say, I will be skipping #14, and I will be wondering if 15 shows me some honest dialogue and interaction that Bendis has been able to do in the past.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2017, 04:23:20 PM »

Yeah - not a fan of the cross over either but I'm tolerating it for the moment.  I'll be glad to get back to the normal world in a couple of issues.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2017, 06:27:39 PM »

Hahaha,

Skipped it from day one. Still want to try the title Spider-Gwen, someday, but no way do I have interest in a 6 issue love story about two spider peeps.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:34 PM »

Hahaha,

Skipped it from day one. Still want to try the title Spider-Gwen, someday, but no way do I have interest in a 6 issue love story about two spider peeps.
 Smiley

LOL.  It's not exactly a love story as much as a mission over into her world.  But skipping it will do you no harm.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2017, 01:08:17 AM »

Hahaha,

Smiley

LOL.  It's not exactly a love story as much as a mission over into her world.  But skipping it will do you no harm.   Grin

Grin
Like I tell the wife, if they show kissing during the preview, it is a love story.
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS