HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:31:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MOON KNIGHT !!!!  (Read 12380 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: April 24, 2016, 04:28:40 PM »

Issue #1 of this new series was quite possibly, even though it was mostly set-up, the best Moon Knight first issue ever! I am so damn into the art and the way this story is starting to unfold I can't tell you. Art was so darn perfect for this story. And the story? Well basically it is sorta like -

What if Moon Knight wasn't ...?

Yeah, "wasn't". Leave that on the tip of your brain for awhile why don't you?  Grin

Man, the next issue can't hit soon enough.

9 out of 10 Shock Treatments  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »

Great news!  I can't wait for it to hit MU......in six months.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »

You may want to wait 7 months so you can read issue #1 and #2 back to back!!! The wait may be worth it that way as it is horrible having to wait for issue #2 now after reading the first issue.
 Cheesy

And that goes double for you Wringer !!!  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 04:26:33 PM »

i picked up the hard copy last week.  MK is 1 book i will never stop buying in paper.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:42 PM »

i picked up the hard copy last week.  MK is 1 book i will never stop buying in paper.

You like ... where the theme of this series lies? For now? Me really likey!!

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 07:36:15 PM »

just because i bought it doesn't mean i've had the chance to read it Smiley  it is on top of my list but i'm trying to burn through some more MU releases to get caught up, then back to paper...rinse and repeat
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:09 PM »

just because i bought it doesn't mean i've had the chance to read it Smiley 

BLASPHEMY !!!!!  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 12:55:06 AM »

Moon Knight #5

Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2016, 12:51:56 PM »

Issue #8

Okay, I just noticed that my last post was about issue #5 and I was not happy about it. Well, that had to do with what I thought was the last issue of this arc. I found that ending not very good, at all, but I later found out, the next month  Grin, that the "arc" may have ended, but the story continued.

So yes, all of what I felt before is still valid and this title is really good. It is highlighting Marc's mental state so well. We are almost living through that shit with him. It is so confusing, but I mean that in a good way. I don't mean to say the book is hard to read, it isn't, but it is a ... wild journey. We are seeing all kinds of different characters and themes and locations and thoughts. It is just "crazy". A perfect look into Moon Knight.

The ending of this issue almost make me believe this story will be ending soon, coming to its conclusion, and a part of me looks forward to that, but there is also a part of me that wants more of this ... this crazy ass story.

8 outta 10 - Mental Breakdowns
 Smiley

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 03:28:29 AM »

Really loving the first 3...4? issues I've read. I dig the mental problems of Marc Spector so much!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »

great title so far.  it has been a really good time for MK since the relaunch by ellis...we've had a few reboots but they have all carried the same vibe and its been fun...just wish they would stop the stupid relaunch/renumbering...makes it very hard to read consecutive series and know which order they go in as it is never clearly reference on/in the book itself....hell give me a volume# on the cover or return to the two tier numbering...current# and total# of issues...would love to see books back in the 4-500...get spidey back to around 800 etc.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 10:23:59 AM »

Moon Knight #1 (Legacy era)

Pretty good, I enjoyed it, but NOT for everyone.

And
not for anyone that wanted to see MK either  Cheesy Although there is one picture in this comic that is perhaps my favorite Moon Knight image ever.

Not much time to say more than that right now  Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 04:03:08 PM »

Issue #2

Oh, this book ... Yes, Yes, Yes!!!! This is great Moon Knight stuff here guys. Even, so far, he is not dominating the pages (he is in this issue more than issue #1 at least) the tone of this book is so much more MK than even Ellis' version (which I did like, don't get me wrong)

I think what makes this title so good is the writer, Max Bemis, has mental issues he has fought with for most of his life. His self admitted bipolar issues really sets him apart. He gets the character, the tone of the title, as he lived/lives it. He understands the battle inside and he is putting it on paper. Really good stuff. Not to say that this book is about mental "problems". that is not what I am trying to convey ... I suck at conveying my thoughts most times anyway, but trying to explain this is getting hard for me.  Grin Bemis hasn't really dove deep into the character yet, but just the tone of this book, you can tell he gets MK. It is good, guys.

The art isn't too damn shabby either. This book is one Marvels best looking books for sure.

Well worth the time!!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 07:24:57 PM »

If only I didn’t have to wait 6 months!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS