HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:38:47 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Been a while  (Read 5055 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: April 10, 2016, 09:55:50 PM »

I haven't read Unlimited in about 4 weeks now (obvious reasons, yes).

Secret Wars tie-ins makes it so so very easy too.

Although, I think #6 is up! I gotta go read that now!! Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »

Secret Wars tie-ins makes it so so very easy too.

Their very presence is enough to keep you away, huh?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 02:32:45 AM »

i'm just starting books published in Sep15 so i'm knee deep in secret wars.  some are better (1862) than others and even more seem pointless (Armors wars)...i'm a glutten and reading almost everything.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 12:07:54 PM »

i'm just starting books published in Sep15 so i'm knee deep in secret wars.  some are better (1862) than others and even more seem pointless (Armors wars)...i'm a glutten and reading almost everything.

Smiley
Yeah, when you have over 40 titles connecting (heavily or otherwise) to Secret Wars, there's bound to be some eggs lain. Heck, be lucky to like half of them really. I don't even like 20 Marvel titles now, much less trying to find that many connected to an event
 Grin
But there were some really good ones out there (like Thors and Squadron Sinister). And depending if you liked the tie-in aspect, there were a couple more that fed well into the event (like Inhumans and A-Force). And some of my favorites were just the ones that were way out there in story or really changed up some characters in a really cool way (like M.O.D.O.C or Master of Kung-Fu)

I think the X-Titles are overall, sadly, not the best (as a group effort) and I wasn't a a huge fan of the re-imagined event titles like Armor Wars, Age of Apocalypse (not to hit the X-books again) or Siege.

But hey, did you read that one-shot Hank Johns: Agent of Hydra?
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway, does it have a lot of stinkers? You bet, but there's some really good stuff there too.

And I still love the idea of Sand Sharks  Grin Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »

I'm currently reading Loki Agent of Asgard.  I've read through the first 4 issues so far this week.  As you can see, I'm still way behind.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 07:47:29 PM »

i was surprised how few titles seem to mean anything to the main event.  i was really hoping to get more info an where the heroes/villians were scattered too and what they did while there before coming back in the main event

def liking Thors, Squadron and inhumans.  i hosently cant remember whats going on in A-force.  Loved Hank, thou i wish it was Bob Smiley

Masters was a bit odd with some of the characters not being true to themselves...didn't Kitty was very kitty like, but enjoyable.  Modok was a hoot and seemed to pull some of the recent characterization he got during his appearance in secret Avengers
where he fell in love with Hill

i'll keep slogging through these hoping to find the gems and then really review the new books to see what to continue reading as they are released vs reading once i finished everything else.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS