HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 01:53:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Damn it Jedicow !!  (Read 3449 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: March 21, 2016, 03:07:15 PM »

I know you have read this for years and I have always seen it in your pull, but how come you never told me that Back Issue was such a great read?
 Wink

I am saddened I am just now giving this damn thing my time, but also happy as I can now go back through the library and pull some great back issues of ... ummm ... yeah ... back issues of Back Issue
 Grin

I'm hooked like a crack fiend. Actually going to get a subscription (if I can work out a deal with them) and heck, also going to try and get a subscription to Alter Ego as well.

As for the rest of you guys, go to Twomorrows site - HERE - and get you three free issues of some of their titles. I suggest;
Back Issue - a mag dedicated to the Silver and Bronze age of comics
and
Alter Ego - a mag (edited by Roy Thomas) dedicated to the Golden Age of comics

(That third choice .?? hos about Comic Creator?)

Anyway, give them a shot, for free.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 02:46:37 AM »

if i recall correctly...i do believe i did hype it for quite a few months.  just take this to heart, learn your lesson and always remember...ALWAYS LISTEN TO JEDICOW!

Grin

in all seriousness though, it really is a top notch publication.  in my darkest hours of comics collecting, that mag almost single handedly reignited my love and nostalgia for a lot of series that don't get a lot of mainstream love.  it's why my "search list" includes titles like ROM, the micronauts, warlord, superboy, and infinity inc.

it's real good stuff and i HIGHLY recommend it to everyone but especially the members of this group.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »

Grin

Yes, I should have listened!!  Grin

Tried an issue of the early stuff, before it was all color, and I think I will stick to those for the most part, but yeah, good stuff. Have to try and find time to get into Alter Ego (Golden Age of Comics) as well, as I do love Golden Age DC waaay more than very early Silver Age Marvel, as shocking as that sounds.
 Cheesy
(Please don't confuse that with "better" ...  I do prefer my mid-to-later Silver Age Marvel and certainly my Bronze Age stuff, but that Golden Age DC was just so damn goofy it is great!!!)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:12 PM »

Bronze Age Goodness.  OOOOOHHHHHHHH!  i love this mag.

jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:44:46 PM »

however, it is the cause of me spending mucho money on back issues of bronze age era books.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:23:17 PM »

Cheesy
I can see where that could happen.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2016, 07:24:34 PM »

Reading Comic Book Artist (a similar publication from the same company) issue #19, the interview with Al Milgrom and Jim Starlin and I am falling over laughing at some of the comments.

A party where you get all up on "psychedelics" and play chess? I can't imagine I could play a game like that much less win.
 Cheesy Cheesy

And Starlin not remembering having Milgrom on his motorcycle and getting cut off and having to drive up a hill ... Starlin was like, are you sure it wasn't just an exit ramp?
  Cheesy

Good stuff, so yeah, another good series to look into by Twomorrows

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS