HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:48:46 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daredevil Sn 2  (Read 13170 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 12:57:01 PM »

Episode 5, 6, 7, & 8 in the can.

WOW!  Things really picked up in these episodes and it was already driving fast!

LOVED:

1. Electra!
2. Punisher trial
3. Stick returns!
4. That fight scene between Matt and the lone ninja was incredible. Loved that it started wit two arrows through his back.  Absolutely amazing fight.
5. "I'm tired of these amateurs." Stick  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
6. Holy frick frack mother dick shit!  Fisk is back!!!!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »

#6 = Yeppers !!!!
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2016, 06:09:00 PM »

#6 = Yeppers !!!!
 Cheesy

It will be next to impossible not to binge this thing now.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2016, 02:52:22 AM »

Ep 9, 10, 11, 12, & 13

Yep.  Finished this puppy today.  Really good stuff even with the predictable ending.

Great fight scenes. Great character development. Great acting.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2016, 12:07:31 PM »

Sooo ... on vacation or did work let you have a long lunch?
 Cheesy

Or, did you just sit your butt down for 5 hours after work and bust them out? The wife join you?

And yes, it was good, really good (still shocked it took you this long), but those missed punches and kicks still bother me.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2016, 07:16:01 PM »

LOL.  I knew once I got into it I wouldn't be able to stop.   Cheesy

Luckily, I worked from home two days this week.   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2017, 07:46:46 PM »

Just finished episode 10 -
(Lord I hate having to wait for the wife to watch this. I finished the first season in two days ... this is taking 'forever'  Angry)
 Grin
 Grin

no
 Angry

Okay, anyway ...

I will say there is one part in episode ten that had me rolling my eyes like crazy. Really pissed off the "realistic anal guy" in me.

Don't look until you get passed episode 10....

The way the reporter (that should be Ben Urich  Angry)  just orders the cops to follow Karen home. Like he has any say in what they do? WTF?

That, and I will say this season sure has a lot of "missed punches" that are really obvious on camera this year
 Angry Angry

I'm just up to this point now (I know; ME! Wink ), but the this moment was a head scratcher, but man the missed punches are almost silly in this season! Arrow even does this better! LOL

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2017, 07:52:34 PM »

Also, what a great Punisher Sn 1 this is...oh, it's DD Sn 2? Sure, whatever, they can share it? Wink

I'll say this, the narrative that a live action can bring to the Punisher, well to Frank, is the most depressingly, frightening thing you can do. What he does, and why, and how he can keep doing it? Well, it's psychotic, it really is. Ennis hit more to this than anyone else, but in this aired format, one cannot help but look on in horror at what his life is these days. It's sad, and it's horrible.

I also enjoy how they show what a terrible person Matt Murdock is. He's truly...blind...to what he does to his friends around him. He...can't see...just how life presents itself around him. I've felt the best comic writers of DD show this-that yeah, Matt is blind (but sees in such a magical manner), but there is something about not being able to visually see the world around him that blinds him more than anything else than what has happened to him. He can't see the impact he has on people-good and bad. He can't see how he hurts others. He can't see how wrong he is.

I love a hugely flawed Daredevil. And I love to see how close that pushes him to the edge to right what he sees is wrong-in himself and in the Kitchen around him.k

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2017, 03:15:06 AM »

FINISHED!!!!

I liked it, although I mostly thought it was only okay when I consider the whole of Matt/Daredevil's narrative.

The Frank/Karen/Foggy stories were AMAZING. That season is excellent if you only consider what they have gone through.

The Matt & Elektra show? Eh....I just never cared for her, to be honest. I don't think I liked her storyline here, and I'm not sure of the role she was supposed to fulfill, but it just rang weakly for me. I never got hooked with it. Matt is almost too stubborn to like at times, particularly when his stubbornness causes him to ignore so many others. I think Night Nurse Claire giving him a tongue lashing was one of the best parts of the season that really showed how Matt acts, and well, how he never changed from it.

I liked the season....just not for the titular character. But man, how much training and choreography did Charlie Cox and his doubles have to learn and do? I mean, so many fights, so many long fights, good lord! What amazing developments!!

Now, on to finish Luke Cage!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2017, 11:15:18 AM »

I enjoyed it, but I think your longest paragraph there sums it up for me as well.
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 02:32:44 PM »

I enjoyed it, but I think your longest paragraph there sums it up for me as well.
 Smiley

Agreed!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS