HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:28:55 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Thunderbolts premieres in theaters July 25, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Daredevil Sn 2  (Read 13171 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: March 19, 2016, 02:46:30 AM »

Okay, I just watched the first 5 minutes. So very, very cheesy. Cheesy Hee hee!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 12:34:49 PM »

I didn't get "Chessy", but I got funny classic comicbooky.

I dind't really care for the first episode too much. The fighting scenes were good (though there were a couple 'misses' that still hit ... and that gets more glaring as we go further into the episodes), but the acting/directing seemed a little off as well. They just didn't do a good job emotionally. It felt too over the top. That part in the office when they first get together and in the pool hall ... those felt cheesy to me. Just not well done.

That said, it gets better as the episodes go (except for one scene with ... you know who ... more on that later). But yeah, gets better overall. At least up to the episodes I am at now ... only about midway. Having to wait for the wife this time is a real pain, especially when she has Union meetings on Saturdays!!!  Angry ... I may sneak in an episode or two  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »

Well...isn't that the same?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 06:49:11 PM »

Well...isn't that the same?  Cheesy Grin Cheesy

Cheesy
In some cases, but ...  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »

Hoping to start this today at some point.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 01:51:18 PM »

Just finished episode 10 -
(Lord I hate having to wait for the wife to watch this. I finished the first season in two days ... this is taking 'forever'  Angry)
 Grin
 Grin

no
 Angry

Okay, anyway ...

I will say there is one part in episode ten that had me rolling my eyes like crazy. Really pissed off the "realistic anal guy" in me.

Don't look until you get passed episode 10....

The way the reporter (that should be Ben Urich  Angry)  just orders the cops to follow Karen home. Like he has any say in what they do? WTF?

That, and I will say this season sure has a lot of "missed punches" that are really obvious on camera this year
 Angry Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 02:29:43 PM »

And as usual - I haven't even started it yet!!   Angry

And this weekend is not looking good for free time.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 02:41:56 PM »

And as usual - I haven't even started it yet!!   Angry

Grin

Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 11:59:38 PM »

just finished ep7,  so far so good.  great interpretation of Frank and enjoying this take on Elektra.  6 more to go Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 07:20:02 PM »

Well the wife and I finished this up last night and she liked it a lot more than season one and I did not.

Especially the last episode which I ... well, just didn't like, structurally (in relation to the Matt and Electra dynamic and another thing regarding Frank) 

There were lots of good things in this series and even though I didn't like the last episode for everything, there was one moment I screamed like a little girly man

(Don't peek, just wait if you are not done yet)

When DD uses his retractable cable for the first time

Grin

Of course I was also somewhat saddened (related spoiler)
when they didn't incorporate the classic "Cane hook" on the end

Undecided

Whatcha gonna do?  Cheesy Cheesy

Anywho, although I didn't think this season was 'better' than last it was still okay and hey, it was still better than not and it can only mean good things down the line when the wife enjoyed a comic-based show more than I did.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2016, 06:34:48 PM »

I just started episode 1.  Yeah, I know - I'm a little behind.   Grin

Haven't read any of the posts yet.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 12:19:13 AM »

Just finished episode 4.  I'm liking this season so far.

I'm assuming this isn't the last we see of Castle but nice the way we have an arc come to a close.  Looking forward to seeing Electra now.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2016, 01:05:46 PM »

So a month and ahlf to get through 4 episodes ... that translates to ...

Okay, Jeff, hope to hear your final thoughts on this show sometime in 2019

Wink Grin Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2016, 08:07:13 PM »

So a month and ahlf to get through 4 episodes ... that translates to ...

Okay, Jeff, hope to hear your final thoughts on this show sometime in 2019

Wink Grin Cheesy

I'm always slow to start and quick to finish.  Uh...waitaminute.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2016, 08:08:42 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS