HR Boards
April 16, 2024, 07:06:43 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: been awful quiet round these parts somethin' fierce.  (Read 4430 times)
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« on: March 14, 2016, 03:10:52 AM »

everyone doing ok?

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 11:03:23 AM »

I've been waiting about 10 days for a possible birth of my first child, but the little one has decided it wants to sit right where it's cozy up to the last possible second. It's over 10, 10 1/2 lbs., so we'll probably have to induce or C-section this week. Our Dr. appt is today (Monday), and final due date is this Friday.

Yeah, comics have been REAL far away from my mind lately....

But I do hope all others are well!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Jimmy.  Exciting week for you!

As for me, I've been swamped at worked but things are starting to calm down.  Couple that with my transition to trades and digital and I'm behind.  I have to admit I feel a little out of touch.  I'm finishing up Fade Out this week then I have Rasputin Tpb, Invincible TPB, Sidekick TPB, and twenty Valiant Tpbs!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 06:56:34 PM »

I'm trying, man, I'm trying!!!!  Cheesy Wink Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 10:47:12 PM »

i guess i should chime in here seeing as i am the one who started the thread. Grin

everythings okay here at the homestead.  dance season is in full swing with the kiddoes and this year we are making multiple weekend road trips for dance competitions.  that paired with work and school has really dragged us through the dirt.  it feels as if we havent had a free weekend in months and when you do have that free saturday or sunday, you spend all that time catching up on the things that been lagging.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 02:08:07 AM »

I hate that sometimes sitting to read comics seems like a 'waste of time' when I have to do other things.

But then I read volume 12 of Hellblazer in 4 days, and was happy I did so!! I think I can crack Grell Green Arrow volume 4 now! Dan Jurgens art! w00t!! And I know volume 5 is coming this year yet as well! So pleased!!

(and yes, Perry, I'll add that some great recent runs of GA, along with the tv show, have made me into a huge Emerald Archer fan. I liked him-ALOT-before, but man, I'm really digging the guy now!!)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 12:56:10 PM »

Well Jimmy if the baby waits too much longer you get that C-Section. It's a better way to go honestly. Unless your wife wanted natural (which I think is insane), it really is less trauma on the body.
  Smiley

Also, and this may be a sensitive subject so I apologize, have either of you considered if this was your last kid or are you guys planning more? Because if she is done after this one and they are doing C-Section, while they are there ... ya know ...

I know you guys are still young, so that may not be an option now, but I also know the hardship of the past. Didn't know if you discussed that. (and sorry for bringing that shit up again, but was part of my question and reasoning)
 Embarrassed

Or if, quite possibly and understandably, you just don't want to talk of such damn things here. 

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2016, 06:09:10 PM »

Well, the due date was only yesterday. And only 5% of women have it on the planned due date.

Sure, the baby, as we are told, is HUGE. But, her body hasn't been doing anything yet to say we should try to induce or try for the C-section. That doesn't become a medical procedure until week 41, and we just hit 40, so, all is fine right now EXCEPT FOR THE WAITING.  Cheesy

But, the plan is to try and have one more. She can get pregnant...it was just a matter of getting it to carry to the end.

Now, if only Baby T (nicknamed 'Cool Ranch Dorito') would get its ass out!!  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2016, 12:57:46 AM »

good luck, jimmy!  both of my kids went over the due date, so i know the feeling.  there are pros and cons to both types of delivery, but the doc knows what is best. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS