HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:58:54 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SCARLET WITCH  (Read 2579 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 25, 2016, 02:59:43 PM »

Issue #2

Honestly, I went into this issue with little expectations. Well, one expectation actually, I was thinking I was just going to look at the pretty pictures. After all, Issue #1 was decent, but there was little there other than

the cool appearance by Agatha Harkness' ghost and the breif revelation that magic, in the Marvel Universe, is somehow broken

Other than those ... the issue was just not that moving or eventful, at all.

However, knowing that the art was going to change with each and every issue (I loved the way they did that with Ales Kot's ZERO) I was looking forward to that. Sure, you may get an artist you don't enjoy, but you do at least get to see more styles of art and for that alone I was going to read this title. But now that I read the issue (the art was fantastic by the way and you can get a preview HERE ... take a look and come back  Smiley) ... but now that I read the issue I can say that I am now looking forward to this title more and not JUST for the art.

The story was decent, it was a good one issue story, but that is not what sold it for me. No, it was the way it was written. James Robinson is writing this book in a manner in whcih I have not seen from him in years. I have just not really loved Robinsons writing over the last few titles, even Earth 2 was less than what I thought he could do. It was okay, it was even good at times, but it wasn't Starman James Robinson.

Now this title is NOT Starman  Cheesy Come on now ... no  Cheesy, but I do see a little of that kind of writing here. It is just more well rounded writing. Unlike this brief review of it  Grin.

I am now very hopeful that this titles brief run (we all know this won't last) will now be a very good comic and a fun one to read.

Even with the semi weak story, I give this a solid

8 outta 10 Redbulls 
Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS