HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 05:15:24 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC Relaunch  (Read 16823 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2016, 12:54:27 AM »

On some of these I might wait a few months for when Comixology drops the prices to $1.99.  Otherwise I might as well go back to DCBS.

Ha, right? Of course what you could do is get a pal or two to share the cost and share the reading. Works great!!  Wink

I also hear of a Birds of Prey relaunch with Simone. Will try that as well as I really dug her early run on the title way back when.

Very interested to see what they do about Barbara Gordon, whether BoP is happening or not. I mean BoP is not the same without Oracle, but can DC just cripple a person to get a character's return?

I know I will try pretty much all of them, but I still plan on keeping my DC reading to about 9 or 10 titles, but hopefully more diverse than the mostly Bat titles I seem to be reading now. Heck, take away the Bat related books or the Bat family books and I read 3 or 4 DC titles? Midnighter, Omega Men (which I am behind on) Flash and Wonder Woman ... on occasion. Take away the two I am really enjoying (Midnighter and Omega) and neither Flash or WW is blowing my socks off and could easily be dropped from my reading pile.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2016, 01:51:09 AM »

Most of the new DC stuff will return to the $2.99 price point!!!! Hot damn. Thanks, DC.

Saddened, greatly by the cancellation of Midnighter, and no addition of Authority or some book with him in it, but will be jumping on Nightwing, at least one of the Titans books (maybe both Teen and Titans proper, depending on creative team), Wonder Woman (if Bennett is coming over there) and will certainly look into Batgirl and the BOP. Other than that ... I pretty much stay the same, overall I think.

Glad to see Tom King getting respect, but hate to see him leave Vision and will be dropping that title, most chances, once he is gone. Oh, but yeah, I will be adding whatever title he will be writing (Batman and/or Superman or other)

Best news for me ... though it all ... I just hope this price point sticks for awhile and Marvel has to take measures ... sure would be nice.
 Wink

EDIT - and oh yeah, will certainly get Blue Beetle ... depending which one it is  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 02:04:30 AM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 04:11:53 AM »

All I honestly will say is "we'll see."

I got nothing else. Probably shouldn't have read this news so late at night before I go to sleep.

*shrugs*

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 01:08:22 PM »

June:
Rebirth Specials:
• AQUAMAN REBIRTH #1
• BATMAN REBIRTH #1
• THE FLASH REBIRTH #1
• GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
• GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
• SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
• TITANS REBIRTH #1
• WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
• AQUAMAN #1
• BATMAN #1
• THE FLASH #1
• GREEN ARROW #1
• GREEN LANTERNS #1
• SUPERMAN #1
• WONDER WOMAN #1

New Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
• ACTION COMICS #957
• DETECTIVE COMICS #934

July
Rebirth Specials:
• BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1
• HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
• THE HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1
• JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1
• NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
• RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

• HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
• JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
• NIGHTWING #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
• BATGIRL #1
• BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
• THE HELLBLAZER #1
• RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
• THE SUPER-MAN #1
• TITANS #1

Fall
Rebirth Specials:
• BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
• BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
• CYBORG REBIRTH #1
• DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
• EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
• SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
• SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
• TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
• TRINITY REBIRTH #1

• CYBORG #1
• DEATHSTROKE #1
• HARLEY QUINN #1
• JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
• SUICIDE SQUAD #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
• BATMAN BEYOND #1
• BLUE BEETLE #1
• EARTH 2 #1
• GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
• SUPERGIRL #1
• SUPERWOMAN #1
• SUPER SONS #1
• TEEN TITANS #1
• TRINITY #1

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 01:44:43 PM »

Also, like most, I'm very worried about that twice-monthly schedule for 17 DC books. That is a huge number, one that I just can't see being maintained ... especially on books like Cyborg?!?!

If it was just their top titles, the first seven titles they are doing that contains the League members (well, mostly) I could see it, but yeah, Deathstroke twice a month is a lot different that Flash or Batman twice a month. Gonna be hard as it is with the talent on just the first seven titles

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 03:22:40 AM »

I so wish this would happen.  But I know it won't.  Angry

http://www.newsarama.com/28065-geoff-johns-dc-have-to-rebirth-wally-west-don-t-they.html#st_refDomain=m.facebook.com&st_refQuery=

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »

Cheesy

Undecided (Probably not)

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »

Honestly, they should.

Is the Flash being filled with abundant fans of the NewBarry? If its an older population, anyways, who reads comics, why don't you give them the person they want to read?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2016, 01:34:10 PM »

Exactly.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 02:23:01 PM »

So, now that I'm actually awake, and I take pause to look at that list, I ask this:

Will any else besides me buy 3 Aquaman comics in one month?Huh

Look at the June List; all those characters have the Rebirth issue, then 2 more comics come out for the twice monthly shipping in June. Superman and Batman get a fourth & fifth by having Action and Detective return that month as well.

Now, I've always wanted comics faster, yes, but if one issue is the amazing art of Ivan Reis, and the next issue is Igor Kordey, I'm going to be pissed. Consistency...yeah, but I essentially would not want to see 'dead air' in my comics as I wait for the next good one to come along.

But, that much Deathstroke? Really? I've been thinking of dropping it, and now more coming out is going to help it? And, like it was said, seriously, CYBORG? Has that been burning up the charts without me knowing it?

I'm beyond jaded now with both companies. Show me you can do well, and I'll come back and buy.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 02:39:53 PM »

Has it been stated they are following the "Rebirth" issue with issues 1 and 2 in the same month? I just assumed it would be a Rebirth issue and then, two weeks later, issue #1. Followed next month by issues 2 & 3.

Of course, looking at that amount of titles, that would mean DC would be publishing only 17 titles the first month, but that is the way I took it, but yeah, maybe it is Rebirth, 1 & 2 in the same month. Hmmmm ...

And what has Marvel done to you? Why jaded on them? They have some great, great stuff out right now and no, I'm not just saying that as a Marvel guy  Smiley Just wondering what they did recently.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 03:19:31 PM »

Has it been stated they are following the "Rebirth" issue with issues 1 and 2 in the same month? I just assumed it would be a Rebirth issue and then, two weeks later, issue #1. Followed next month by issues 2 & 3.

I had wondered that too. I know that list is a direct paste of the listing that I've seen. So, as they list it as a Rebirth special, then a #1 drops, and they say its twice monthly shipping...well, I assume #1&2 come out that same month. But I'm really not sure. It'll certainly go one way or the other!  Wink

And what has Marvel done to you? Why jaded on them? They have some great, great stuff out right now and no, I'm not just saying that as a Marvel guy  Smiley Just wondering what they did recently.

As cool as Secret Wars was/is, its still another link in the chain of Marvel's super events every 6 months to shake things up. I know coming out after SW, the books 'advance 6 months' from previous events, right? I'm trying to wrack my brain and remember if Marvel had done this already 2-3 years ago in publishing history. I can't remember right now, so I could be wrong.

I mean, I hope it shows that I'm getting sick of these resets. I had hoped that Marvel might do something really cool for Spider-man (well, cool to me), but you got 2 Spider-man running around in one NYC (which, again, even I have said too many copies spoil the original), Spider-gwen somewhere, that Web-warriors title, another title set with Peter in high school (NO ONE CARES AT ALL, ANYMORE, ABOUT PETER PARKER IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!)* .

Duggan at least got to reset the Hulk-verse, but now I don't get to see what happened between Bruce & Doc Green-because that's all gone.

Is Bendis' Tony the Axis-Tony prick? Or was that washed away?

The changes with Cap? How's that being addressed? Did Axis Cap-Falcon get swept away?

Does Bendis' X-men run feed into current story? (Okay, this may, I have no clue, but its a question I have).

I think from Marvel, I've just grown to distrust that what I like may actually stick around in a year-or what I like will invariably get screwed with by a mega event. And that's the same distrust I have with DC currently.

*The thoughts presented here are the private thoughts of the writer, and in no way represent what everyone else may think or feel, nor does Hero Realm endorse this as a fact that everyone else should think or feel.  Cool
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 03:21:38 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 04:21:59 PM »

Okay, lots to copy and paste here, so here we go ..  Grin

... But I'm really not sure. It'll certainly go one way or the other!  Wink

That it will, good sir.  Cheesy Cheesy Good call.

As cool as Secret Wars was/is, its still another link in the chain of Marvel's super events every 6 months to shake things up. I know coming out after SW, the books 'advance 6 months' from previous events, right? I'm trying to wrack my brain and remember if Marvel had done this already 2-3 years ago in publishing history. I can't remember right now, so I could be wrong.

The books advanced 8 months, but yes, a little over half a year and I can't think of a story they did that, other than the original Secret Wars back in the day as a way to continue the monthly titles while the event was taking place. I think they were advanced a few months to explain why every character "Popped" out of their books at the end of those issues, only to return the next with the changes in-place. Though the timing of the Black Costume makes me rethink that ... but I am sure Marvel did advance the titles then ... Hmmm ... but the black costume didn't show up unitl SW #8 ... I think ... right? Hmmmm, now I'm lost.
 Cheesy Cheesy
But other than that ... I can't recall, but would be interested if you do think of one
 Cool

I mean, I hope it shows that I'm getting sick of these resets. I had hoped that Marvel might do something really cool for Spider-man (well, cool to me), but you got 2 Spider-man running around in one NYC (which, again, even I have said too many copies spoil the original), Spider-gwen somewhere, that Web-warriors title ....

Now I am not at all going to talk ill of Miles being in MU proper now (I love it ... even though his first issue was less than spectacular ... or amazing ... or superior ... or  Cheesy Cheesy ... it was good though) but I agree. Why not move one out to the West Coast? And read Spider-Woman when it hits MU ... much in the vein of Ant-Man, but with a different art style) I can't speak of Gwen or Silk as I have no interest in those books what-so-ever but with Web Warriors at least you get Universe hopping. Not just staying in New York (though I am not sure if they only shift to other New Yorks. Ha)

....  another title set with Peter in high school (NO ONE CARES AT ALL, ANYMORE, ABOUT PETER PARKER IN HIGH SCHOOL!!!)* .

AMEN !!!! Of course Miles works very well there!!!  Grin Grin

Duggan at least got to reset the Hulk-verse, but now I don't get to see what happened between Bruce & Doc Green-because that's all gone.

Another Marvel title I can't speak of. I have been off the Hulk for far too long and really need to get back, but I have no interest in the newest version with
Amadeus Cho being the Hulk
. I tried it and ... honestly, heck, you may like it. It has a younger edge to it that 90's comic fans (or those that grew into comics at that time) may enjoy. Maybe. Though don't kill me if you don't.
 Grin

Is Bendis' Tony the Axis-Tony prick? Or was that washed away?

No. Tony is back to being Tony, though I'm not sure if that horrible alien story-line has been wiped ... not Bendis' doing so not sure if it is still around. Ya know, where
Tony's father isn't his true father or some shit.
I hope that got wiped in SW !!!

The changes with Cap? How's that being addressed? Did Axis Cap-Falcon get swept away?

Not sure what part you mean here. Cap is still old (for another three months and then he returns) and Falcon is still Cap and has a new side ... well I will wait until you get caught up with that one.
 Cheesy

But yeah, what part are you talking about so I can maybe answer it mo' better. Maybe

Does Bendis' X-men run feed into current story? (Okay, this may, I have no clue, but its a question I have).

No idea as I am just now jumping back into the X books after being away for many, many year, but I doubt it. The X books have, from what I can tell, almost been restarted (not rebooted) so this "fresh start" has allowed me to better jump into their stories, but I am still kinda learning some of the history that has not been in the past events like AvX and the like ... the little I do know about the X-Men

I think from Marvel, I've just grown to distrust that what I like may actually stick around in a year-or what I like will invariably get screwed with by a mega event. And that's the same distrust I have with DC currently.

Well, okay, I can kinda see that, but honestly, the only thing I see (and only from the books I am reading, so my point of view is solely from those titles) is that only the "bad" stuff is being lost. For the most part. Again, based on only the books I enjoy. With Hulk for example ... I haven't read it, so I am sure you have lost some stuff that you may have enjoyed. I just can't say.

I can't personally think of anything that Marvel changed from event to event that really matters to the universe as a whole, but again, I only read a certain portion of their universe. A large portion  Grin, but still.

Changes to Iron Man, the good stuff is still there. The bad has hopefully gone away.

Now with the newest "Event" coming - Civil War II - I am sure there will be more changes, but not sure if the changes are what we could consider natural or not. Those are the changes I don't mind and really enjoy. When the change comes naturally. Not like when Tony
suddenly had a new father and he was genetically linked to ... fuck who knows what
. That is some stupid shit and I hope the change took all that away!!!!
 Grin Grin

I do like (and you may hate it  Wink Grin) how Marvel is incorporating all their "big changes" (think - all of their "Crisis" Events) into the universe. They are actually saying that their wipes, or major changes are part of the way the universe works. The universe, the Marvel universe has been rearranged seven times prior. Thanks to the Secret Wars event that just past, they are on reset #8. This is the newest Marvel Universe. Even the resets are part of their history!!!

This is kinda cool (only that they are acknowledging the fact they do reset the stuff) and also helps with age of characters.
 Cheesy

And they even have a new cosmic element of immense power called Isotope 8 or Iso 8 (I think that came from the game app. hahaha).

*The thoughts presented here are the private thoughts of the writer, and in no way represent what everyone else may think or feel, nor does Hero Realm endorse this as a fact that everyone else should think or feel.  Cool

Cheesy Cheesy I need to add that to my sig
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2016, 06:11:13 PM »

Haven't read a thing at all about what will be happening to make Rebirth occur, but man, DC's issues 50s are not hitting really strong for me. And kicking us with a $4.99 price tag does not help!

C'mon, DC! Make me want to fall in love with your titles-yet again! I'm waiting for my 6 month delay to see if I can do the same thing with Marvel titles!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2016, 06:56:53 PM »

I am getting worried only so far as I read they have just now started to finalize contracts with some of the creative teams. Why did they not do this way in advance?

I do, honestly, hope this goes over well and I am sure some if not most of the titles will (Like Batman, Detective, etc ...) but if you are just now getting the creative teams straight, on a project that could make you or at least finally get you fired (Didio and Lee) that is not without worry.

I already have serious, very serious doubts about bi-weekly Aquaman, Wonder Woman and and two Titans books, two Batgirl books and two GL books ... I don't need delays from the jump to make it worse or more scary.

I am living through Marvel's over indulgence now (way too many titles) and that was well planned. I am just worried this is going to go over like New 52 but worse as this time ... what could possibly be the excuse.

Still hopeful, yes I am, but not liking things that are only rumors right now. That is the good thing, it's just talk about things right now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS