HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 02:49:06 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Blade premieres in theaters November 7, 2025.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BLOODSHOT: REBORN  (Read 7398 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 18, 2016, 03:02:36 PM »

Okay, Jeff, Jimmy and hopefully everyone else that sees this ... if you have not already, run out and grab the first volume of this new Bloodshot title. Then, as soon as vol 2 is released, run, don't walk, to your LCS (or online comic site  Cheesy) and get vol 2.

I just finished reading the first arc of Bloodshot: Reborn issues 1-9 and it was fantastic. The art by Butch Guice is just perfect for this title. The writing, other than one small item that bothered me (I will explain when you guys get to vol 2) is also just great. Trying to humanize a killing machine is a hard thing to do, but this creative team, including the colorist, does an amazing job. I use to compare Bloodshot to being a mix between Punisher and Wolverine ... I no long feel that way. Bloodshot is Bloodshot. Period.

The only way this book could've been better, maybe, is if my favorite writer for this style of story, Greg Rucka, was the one writing. But who knows, I may not have enjoyed it as much.

Just a little bit of arc info below, so if you don't want to see it, just avoid ...

After the mini event "The Valiant", where the Geomancer "Kay" removed the nanites from Bloodshots bloodstream, Ray is human once more, but will the memory of the nanites be as easy to overcome as getting rid of them? Can Bloodshot avoid taking the little buggers back into his bloodstream? And what is with the recent killings done by madmen with white skin and a red circle on their chest? Wiat, didn't Ray have white skin and a red cir......

Yeah, this was awesome!!!

And long live Blood-Squirt - Bloodshot's tiny side-kick?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:07:15 PM »

LOL.  Yeah I read the first arc as it came out.  I wasn't as big a fan of Blood-Squirt as you but the arc was pretty interesting.  A great examination of the character.

I've already pre-ordered Vol 2 (I think) so it should show up in my shipment for that month.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »

THIS looks incredible !!!!
Can
Not
Wait

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:23:49 PM »

Wow, I did it and man am I glad I did. I didn't read Bloodshot: Reborn for 4 months, just so I could get a good run and read a bunch in a row and wow, let me just say that "The Analog Man" arc was crazy cool. I just read issues 11, 12 and 13 and yep, such a great ending. So good. Issue 13 may have made the arc, the ending was that cool.

Now I have to try and decide if I want to go a full 5 or 6 months and read Bloodshot Island all at once.

I'm not sure I can.

Off to read the Bloodshot Annual now  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 01:38:49 PM »

I'm hoping to be caught up with my Valiant reading, including Bloodshot,  by the end of the summer.  That's about two trade's a week which should be doable.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2017, 02:42:48 AM »

OMIGOD BLOODSHOT ISLAND WAS AMAZING!!!!

MAN.

I loved these last 2 volumes so much!!

Mico Suyuan is an MAZING artist!! What a damned great looking book! Loved 'Island' so much!! Man, can I go and buy Bloodshot USA right away? I love the story of Roy Garrison. what a travel for the character, from 'Colorado' until now. Just continued to pick up each issue and get way waaay better.

Such a damned great book. I may not get all Valiant 100% of the time (haven't taken the A&A bug yet, nor Rai, nor Shadowman) but I am hooked solid on Bloodshot.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

And here, after I posted on your Legion post, is where our similarities start to show, Jimmy  Cheesy Cheesy

Yep, I push Bloodshot on everyone I see as it is just that darn good.

And just a bit of help with the other titles ...

I don't feel that Shadowman was that good. It wasn't crap, but he (the character) is more important in Ninjak's series than he was his own, even though it is a totally different look and ... character (in a way). In his own series he was almost pointless. The title did introduce Master Darque (or re-introduce us to him), so it is kinda good for that, but I would save that title for last or even a library read.

And now I have to make an emergency trip to Lowe's and I can't finish my thought.
 Angry

Be back later?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:33 AM »

I may not get all Valiant 100% of the time (haven't taken the A&A bug yet, nor Rai, nor Shadowman) but I am hooked solid on Bloodshot.

Archer & Armstrong was a great book and I recommend it highly.  However, the reboot where they started calling it A&A is utter crap.  Read the first run but skip A&A.  Just my opinion.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 03:36:28 PM »

I may not get all Valiant 100% of the time (haven't taken the A&A bug yet, nor Rai, nor Shadowman) but I am hooked solid on Bloodshot.

Archer & Armstrong was a great book and I recommend it highly.  However, the reboot where they started calling it A&A is utter crap.  Read the first run but skip A&A.  Just my opinion.

I have seen the preview pages of A&A but have not read it yet. I liked the idea of having Archer lost in Armstrong's satchel though, I have to admit Cheesy

Just wasn't there for ya huh? Shame.

Kinda pulls me towards letting this one remain further down on the "To be read" pile
 Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS