HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:54:02 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - January 13, 2016  (Read 3675 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:14 PM »

Only going to snatch up a couple books today -

Batman & Robin Eternal #15
Robin War #2 - Started strong, I hope it ends the same (last couple issues have been "meh")
Superman American Alien #3 - have yet to read this series, but may jump in with this issue if I get caught up on Valiant

Wolverine #4 - IF this is hitting today (seems too soon). Really fun so far.
Squadron Supreme #3 - Crap, just remembered I still have to read #2!!!!  Undecided
Scarlet Witch #2 - Have to see if this is a keeper after last issue's slow ass set-up. Still like the idea of a new artist every month, however, so may stick around just for that.

Doc Savage: Spiders Web #2
- Because it's Doc Savage and I am a pulp whore, especially with him
Huck #3 - Early Superman in the best way. Unless I find he is too powerful. Ha.
Red Sonja #1 - M. Bennett has been rocking Angela, so trying this as I've always liked the "female Conan" (plus my newest granddaughter is named Sonja.  Wink ... okay, that truly has no relevance to my reading this. Ha)
Ninjak #11 - Been waiting to read issue #10 until this came out. Didn't want to be mad if it ended in a cliffhanger. However, if this new issue ends in a cliffhanger ...
 Cheesy

Probably waiting on:
Star Trek
Rebels
Spread
Injection
Descender
Birthright
All-New X-Men

Not touching - SHIELD ... unless I hear really good things  Cheesy I was going to avoid this like the plaque as it is writing by Guggenheim, but then remembered I read his Secret Wars Squadron Supreme title, without knowing it was him  Tongue and was genuinely shocked when I found out he wrote it. I even read the entire series ... and liked it.  Shocked  Heck, I may have to pull him from my "Well of Banishment" if this new title gets decent reviews.  Cheesy
Getting kinda empty in there as even Greg Hurwitz climb closer to the top edge when he wrote his Moon Knight run that was actually not god awful (though I still think he has the honrs of having the worse written comic I have read in the last 20 years with his Foolkiller)  Angry.

Edit - And oh yeah ... been so long I forgot ...  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I will be getting Secret Wars #9 !!!!!!!!!
 Wink
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:14:08 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 04:49:54 PM »

Little bigger this week including a trade!

January 13th
Earth 2 Society #8
Extraordinary X-Men #5
Robin War #2 (of 2)
Secret Wars #9 (of 9)
Walking Dead #150
X-O Manowar TP Vol 10 Exodus

January 6th
Doctor Strange #4

December 30th
Flash #47
Justice League #47
Morning Glories #49

December 23rd
Extraordinary X-Men #4
Robin Son of Batman #7 (Robin War)
Teen Titans #15 (Robin War)
Titans Hunt #3 (of 12)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:20:35 PM »

Earth 2 Society #7 and 8
Teen Titans #15
Wonder Woman #46, 47
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 05:09:37 PM »

A RODNEY SIGHTING.

Grin

What's up, man?

Titans getting better?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 09:09:50 PM »

A RODNEY SIGHTING.

Grin

What's up, man?

Titans getting better?

Hey! I only get to my LCS once a month but think of the Realm alot.

The Titans Hunt series is really good. LOVE how they are bringing everyone back. The current Teen Titans, though, with Manchester Black and the new Power Girl sucks! The art and the story are horrible!  Been enjoying WW, Flash, Earth 2 Society and Bombshells.

I pick up Marvel stuff at the library. It's okay. I wish the XMen and the Avengers had never got mixed. I saw where the New Exiles are coming back and super stoked about that.

Other than that, kids are great. My daughter is a Daisy and selling Girl Scout cookies. My son is in the junior musical and realizing that not all girls have cooties.
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 09:18:12 PM »

Ahhh, the good time for kids.  Smiley

But going ahead and saying sorry now, as I just can't afford anymore Girl Scout cookies.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  Wink Wink

And damn, I keep hoping/looking for a good time to jump back into Titans and, other than Titan's Hunt which I am reading and also enjoying for the most part, it's sad to hear that the Titan's regular still leaves a lot to be desired
 Undecided

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 02:48:43 PM »

And just saw the new solicits for DC that had Lobdell as the writer for Titans Hunt #7. Was ready to scratch the puppy off my read list when I decided to double check, as that didn't make any sense, and yes thank goodness, that was a misprint. Whew!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS