HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:06:04 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Godzilla vs Kong 2 premieres in theaters April 12, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC in March  (Read 4513 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 15, 2015, 01:44:16 AM »

Gonna be an expensive month for me with DC. Celebrating their 50th issues at $4.99 a pop.
Ouch.
Luckily, I'm only getting 5 or 6 titles, but that's 5 or 6 extra bucks  Cheesy

Wonder if they are gonna do the same for Justice League the month after, when it hits 50. Probably, yeah?

Don't get me wrong, not knocking them for doing so, I enjoy a supersized issue. Just wish it wasn't all at the same time. I guess we should be grateful a lot of the "52" titles didn't work or it would cost us hundreds.
 Grin Cheesy Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:52:34 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.  I think after the 50's I will switch to digital for my DC.  I'm almost there.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 02:12:24 AM »

OH man; really?! I didn't even look at the prices there! Sheesh! Glad that I'm down on so many of the first 52 titles out there. Let's see....

Action Comics
Aquaman
Green Arrow
Green Lantern

Wait, is that it? ...IS THAT IT, REALLY?!

I don't know what I'm more surprised about.

I had made my mind up to go tpb with Flash, and I think Green Lantern is just going to follow suit as well. So, I may not be getting GL #50, actually. Still...just call me suprised....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 10:23:41 AM »

I was thinking the same thing.  I think after the 50's I will switch to digital for my DC.  I'm almost there.

Your wallet will thank you most weeks, while other weeks he will curse your very existence  Cheesy

You tend to buy less when you have to pay more, something I hope they soon realize on the digital side (though yes, if they do it too early after publishing it "hurts the retailers" ... so they say ... yet then they say in the same breath, digital will never hurt retail  Roll Eyes). But, on the weeks when those sales come along and you see something you just MUST have ... whoa boy!!!
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:47:51 PM »

Your wallet will thank you most weeks, while other weeks he will curse your very existence  Cheesy

You tend to buy less when you have to pay more, something I hope they soon realize on the digital side (though yes, if they do it too early after publishing it "hurts the retailers" ... so they say ... yet then they say in the same breath, digital will never hurt retail  Roll Eyes). But, on the weeks when those sales come along and you see something you just MUST have ... whoa boy!!!
 Cheesy

I've found with MU that I can wait the extra month or two for the price to drop as well. That will save a buck or two. And for the can't wait to haves? The thought of instantly having them is seductive.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:15:00 PM »

And for the can't wait to haves? The thought of instantly having them is seductive.

That is the one very ... VERY attractive thing about digital. No waiting. At all. Not only do I no longer have to wait for my shipping, I don't even have to drive to the LCS. I can just literally sit down, hit a link, hit a couple more and in under a minute I can be reading that comic that I have been waiting months to read. Sometimes that is worth the extra money.

Of course sometimes after I wish I would have waited  Cheesy, but that's with everything and I don't live my live dwelling on things like that.
 Smiley

The lack of ads breaking the damn flow of my story is also nice.
 Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS