HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:46:23 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Doctor Strange  (Read 10388 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2016, 08:45:42 PM »

Just got back from seeing it with the kiddo.  Both loved it.  Nice tight self contained story from beginning to end.  The special effects were awe inspiring (we saw it in 3D).

It didn't derail Winter Soldier as my favorite Marvel movie but I really enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2016, 01:22:01 AM »

It didn't derail Winter Soldier as my favorite Marvel movie but I really enjoyed it and look forward to the sequel.

I think there's a list/thread to update of Top Ten favorite Marvel movies!! And Top Ten Comic movies too!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2016, 06:24:44 PM »

Damn, forgot all about this thread.  Grin

About a week ago I did go see this (It's never a question about going to the theater when it comes to Marvel Movies, Cow  Wink) and I enjoyed it. Not in my top 5, as it is another Marvel movie with copy and paste storytelling, but still an enjoyable movie. Lots of cool Easter Eggs.

They best part was the way they made the Dark Dimension look like a page from Ditko's own panels. The saddest part was, while they got the essence of the look of Dormmamu down with his "pumpkin line" head, they really whiffed on the overall look of him. I think he needed more "fiery bad ass" look, not the colorful "over-large, plasma" look. But hey, it was still cool. I also wish there would have been more spoken spells. Maybe not the cheesy stuff us fans know, but they the almost put more of an emphasis on magical items more than the spoken spells which I was a little sad about.

I had a few more minor issues, like I wish they
made the Mindless Ones a little more bulky
, and I could probably list a few more, but I don't want to seem like I didn't have a good time. I did. Yep, enjoyable for sure. I liked it, but not close to either Cap movie or Thor or the first Iron Man or ...  Smiley I think it was more along the lines of Ant-Man, and that is totally fine.
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS