HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 03:06:22 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: VISION  (Read 17291 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2017, 02:31:31 PM »

It's so damn good!!

I would like to recommend King's Omega Men to you as well, but even though both Jeff and I enjoyed the hell out of it, it does have an ... aura (?) involved that may not be to everyone's liking.

Now I don't think this describes you, but for me, as a long time fan of the Omega Men team I struggled with the mini at first (even stopped buying after the first issue) as it was such a departure from what I was used to receiving from those characters. But after reading the Vision, I went back, dove in and fell in love with his Omega Men as well.

so yeah, maybe check it out if the price is right?
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2017, 01:16:15 AM »

'bout time you replied Perry! I was waiting for it!!
But yes, soooo good!!

Both trades are out....I could get them...or wait....do I just buy the digital issues because I want to read them RIGHT NOW!!? ...but they aren't discounted at all...and a service I've already paid for will reveal them to me....no HC in sight yet....damnation!! Maybe I do Byrne read them at my LCS! LOL  Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2017, 12:34:08 PM »

Have you tried another Library yet to see if you can use that ... program that I forgot the name of  Roll Eyes where you can borrow comics?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:52 PM »

There's nothing near my zip code. Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2017, 06:37:33 PM »

Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2017, 03:09:41 PM »

....do I just buy the digital issues because I want to read them RIGHT NOW!!? ...but they aren't discounted at all...

Each issue is only $1.99 on ComiXology.  How much cheaper do you need?  Wink

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2017, 07:34:03 PM »

Really?  I swore when I checked it said 3.99 a piece!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2017, 12:24:59 AM »

Nope  Grin

The collected edition is $16.99 and has all 12 issues in it.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 02:09:49 AM »

Issue 12

Wow.  What a sad and creepy ending!

I miss this series already.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 10:36:13 AM »

Well you can relive it again as the money hungry monster that is Marvel just put out issue #1 of the Directors cut of this series yesterday. Yeah man, now you can buy issues #1 and #2 in one comic, on stand now. Ans that will soon be followed by five more issues, each containing two issues each for a total of six issues of the original 12 issue run. Because ... why not?
 Cheesy
 Undecided

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2017, 09:08:31 PM »

Oh yeah, I forgot to post about this when I read it last month:

Wow. What an experience of reading these 12 issues. How sad. How poignant. How miserable for Vision. How heart wrenching, how heart breaking.

It left Vision in pieces...and I'm glad he wasn't put back together the same way again. Here's to hoping the effects last a while!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS