HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:59:23 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Darkseid War  (Read 2726 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 12, 2015, 03:59:48 PM »

The "one-shots"
The thoughts

Lex Luther - Okay - Lex has Darkseid's power
Flash - Pretty fun - Flash tries to outrun Death
Green Lantern - Really liked this one - Hal the God of Light
Shazam - Eh, sure, it's not bad - Shazam is the HighFiather plus
Batman - About the 2nd best in the series - Batman has the power, does he stop Joe Chill?
Superman - No, no, no, no, no - The God of Strength (heehee) is a dickhead

What started out as a pretty damn cool look at DC proper having the Kirby powers of the New-Gods ... all in one-shot form, ended up only being "pretty cool" because of the order I read them. I literally got "lucky" and read the best of the 6 first with each additional issue sliding further and further into a field of crap. Well, almost in best to worst order, I did read Lex after Superman and that was better than the Mister Negative Superman, so the series ended on a slight up-tik.

After I read the first two or three books (Batman, GL ... Flash?) I stated to Jimmy that this may be something he should check out. Boy that changed.

Just avoid all these.

If DC ever gets smart enough to start an Unlimited subscription, read it there. Or don't. You will only get mad.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 04:15:00 AM »

Good to know.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS