HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:59:33 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Planet of the Apes 4 premieres in theaters May 24, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: DC New Titles  (Read 14124 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 10:19:54 PM »

Totally get that.  Smiley

I am certainly a Metal Men and Metamorpho fan from my childhood days so they automatically hit for me. Swamp thing ... just have to try, though I am not sure there is much left for the character to say  Undecided And let's be honest, that Sugar and Spice was even before my time, Cheesy and I will not "add" that until, like you, I read it first, but very could be a cool book. Or not.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2015, 09:49:18 PM »

Like I've said,

Starfire #2
Naw, just not for me. Too much 'back to basics' and ignoring all continuity and well, presence that this character has ever had. I know the cartoon version of this character far better than any comic version now.

Constantine
It's nice to see....but it's just not 'my' Constantine either. In the interest of enjoying for more different books these days, I think this one will just go away from my pull list.

Black Canary
I'm going to chalk it up to the writing itself that has me so intrigued with this book. In going with a non-mainstream approach to art direction, the visuals don't sell the book. But the mystery of Dinah, of the villains after her one bandmate; it pulls me in and allows me to forget ALL things I know about Dinah. Wink Cuz you need to!!

Bizarro
Awesome. That's all. Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2015, 04:25:06 PM »

Aquaman ...42? Don't have it in front of me.

Still...okay. But sometimes, even under Johns, Aquaman's book just seemed.....SLOOOOOOOW in it's progression forward. And this book is doing it now. Get going! Sell me harder on this soft reboot! You've brought me into the middle/end of a new story, and it's so far, not very interesting.  Captivate me! Make me want to read!

Because you really aren't.  Cry

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 02:25:18 PM »

May have to jump back in this. Let me know if this does get going. I do miss Arthur

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2015, 02:18:48 PM »

Aquaman #43 was visually, my favorite issue of this latest run. I can't really explain why. Some of the uses of the page layout, the way the eye traveled through many panels and the way it was designed, and even just the interpretation of of the 'Before' story, I just really enjoyed THIS issue alot.

There's a weird part where I think Bunn is mucking with the history of Atlantis established just 10 issues ago...so I'm not sure if I'm in favor of that, however, so many magical tridents and staves! I love it!  Cool

I get very geeked about the Hero of the tale getting some outside source to aid them in their Quest. They have had something all along, but then another boon was granted to them which helps to aid them in their Heroic Journey.

This takes many forms: Arthur and Excaliber, Luke and the lightsaber, Peter's Spider-man abilities and his designed web-shooters, Wolverine and his adamantium, Wonder Woman & her lasso, etc etc. I'm waiting for Green Arrow to get a magical bow or something now!! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2015, 03:18:27 PM »

Your making me want to start buying DC again Jimmy!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »

WARNING! DC YOU falling apart!!

Cancelled!!

Lobo
Doomed
Gotham by Midnight
Justice League United
Omega Men (sorry Perry, you were right)

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2015, 03:40:59 PM »

Was just coming to post the link HERE
 Undecided

As sad as I am about losing Omega Men (and I am) I new that was short of this world. And due to that, I think I am currently even more saddened by the loss of Lobo. I just started reading this about 3 days or so ago, and while the first arc was a decent but not great run, after that, when the new artist Cliff Richards jumped on the title, totally changing the look (it went from a clean and bright Dan Jurgens style look to a much darker and better fitting Sorrentino style look) I really got into this title. I was really enjoying it. It was good. Damn it.

United on the other hand ... that was just god awful. The first two issue arc was horrific and made little to no sense. I am glad I held off on issue 13 ... I think ... because it just wasn't good at all.

I am not shocked by the cancellation of that Doomed title at all. When I first heard about this new title I was shocked they were even trying to sell it. I think ... well, it doesn't matter. The sales did the job here I guess.

Gotham by Midnight, I gotta say, this one surprises me.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2015, 01:42:00 AM »

Well, DC has mad me happy. I saw on BC and went to the link found there to THIS which basically says that DC has taken some of the mini-series they were planning on releasing this January/February and that was I set to add to my pull (Firestorm, Metal Men and Metamorpho) and changed that and decided to release a anthology book with all of them (along with Sugar and Spike) at a page count of 80 pages and a cost of $8.

Kinda okay with this as for one, it saves me about a buck and I get another title for free, essentially, but I also like it that I will help support an anthology book. Something that just doesn't do well here in the states compared to the rest of the world. I quite like anthologies actually, especially for characters and/or stories from more on the B or C list side of things. Hell, Jeff and I were just talking about another anthology from our past not too long ago that we enjoyed (the $1 Adventure Comics 459-460 something ...? ? that had JSA stories and back-up stories. really cool).

Yes, if you were only planning on buying one of the titles that are in this new anhtology, then you're screwed  Grin, but for me ... I am happy!
 Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 04:59:33 AM »

Well, DC has mad me happy. I saw on BC and went to the link found there to THIS which basically says that DC has taken some of the mini-series they were planning on releasing this January/February and that was I set to add to my pull (Firestorm, Metal Men and Metamorpho) and changed that and decided to release a anthology book with all of them (along with Sugar and Spike) at a page count of 80 pages and a cost of $8.

Kinda okay with this as for one, it saves me about a buck and I get another title for free, essentially, but I also like it that I will help support an anthology book. Something that just doesn't do well here in the states compared to the rest of the world. I quite like anthologies actually, especially for characters and/or stories from more on the B or C list side of things. Hell, Jeff and I were just talking about another anthology from our past not too long ago that we enjoyed (the $1 Adventure Comics 459-460 something ...? ? that had JSA stories and back-up stories. really cool).

Yes, if you were only planning on buying one of the titles that are in this new anhtology, then you're screwed  Grin, but for me ... I am happy!
 Smiley

Yep.  I will want this. Firestorm - yes. Metal Men - yes. Metamorpho - yes. Sugar and Spike - never heard of them but Keth Giffen? Yes!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 05:28:32 PM »

I could be down with an anthology. A good way to find or try new talent as well, too!

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS