HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:52:13 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The Hunger Games: Songbird and Snakes premieres in theaters November 17, 2023.
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Woman Earth One by Grant Morrison  (Read 16981 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 18, 2015, 05:33:21 PM »

Coming in April 2016!!

WONDER WOMAN EARTH ONE VOL. 1 HC
Written by GRANT MORRISON
Art and cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
On sale APRIL 6 • 144 pg, FC, $22.99 US
In this new installment of the New York Times best-selling Earth One original graphic novel line, Grant Morrison (THE MULTIVERSITY) joins with Yanick Paquette (SWAMP THING, BATMAN, INC.) to reimagine Wonder Woman for a new era. Encompassing the vision of her original creator, William Moulton Marston, Morrison presents a Diana who yearns to break free from her mother and the utopian society on Paradise Island to learn about the forbidden outside world. Her dreams may come true when Air Force pilot Steve Trevor crashes on their shores, and she must defy the laws of the Amazons to return him to Man’s World.
Is she ready for the culture shock that awaits her in America? And is the world ready for this Wonder Woman?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:31:15 PM »

Just to read Grant Morrison's take on this, I want it.

JMS on Superman? Done. I didn't get the third one. (there was a third one, right?)

If there was a second Batman one, I skipped that out of apathy for the treatment.

But I'll read Morrison.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 06:21:07 PM »

Also stopped at Superman Earth One 2, with no idea if there is a 3 ... nor do I care. The first two were ... yeah.

Read and enjoyed Batman Earth One 2. Better, to me, than the first, but if you didn't enjoy the first one ...

Also just realized I have yet to read the Titans Earth One book

I will be all over this Wonder Woman book.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »

Hmmm.  I haven't read my Titans Earth One yet either.  But yeah - Morrison writing this sold me. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 12:25:38 PM »

Hmmm.  I haven't read my Titans Earth One yet either.  But yeah - Morrison writing this sold me. 

Or didn't?  Grin Grin Wink

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 04:51:39 PM »

Oh dammit.  I forgot Morrison was writing this.   Angry

Now where's that DCBS order......

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »

Ah ha!  Now I see what happened.  Of course, DCBS hasn't updated for January yet.  I normally take a look at mycomicshop.com's preorder list since they normally update right after the Previews are released.  So mycomicshop.com does NOT have the WW Earth One HC listed.

So that makes me "wonder" if this will be solicited this month after all?   Hmmmmm.  Will have to wait for DCBS to open up orders and see.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2016, 08:04:40 PM »

It's on there now, for pre-order. Of course ordering is closed for this past month, but you may be able to have them add it. Or just get it next month maybe ...

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 10:22:35 PM »

BOOM!  And Perry saves the day.  And blows up my wallet.

It's added now.   Angry

Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »

I have to add this to my wish list and get ASAP!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 04:23:44 PM »

Very curious to what you guys think of this  Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 06:41:09 PM »

Just arrived in the mail and went onto the large stack I have of things to read.  I'll put it on the top though so we can pontificate.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 01:36:29 PM »

Cool

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »

Finally finished the entire thing, took me longer than I thought as I played the new (old) Ratchet and Clank game a hell of a lot more than I thought I would  Cheesy

Gotta say, Morrison stayed close as hell to the origin, but I'm not sure that Wonder Woman fans want that. Plus, the sex was really a strong part of this story, even when it wasn't, it was.
 Cheesy

I liked it for being different (IE: an Earth One story that doesn't effect the main Wonder Woman  Grin) but at the same time I still struggled with parts of this even knowing/thinking/remembering it wasn't "my" Diana this was about. But it was closer to her origin and how the guy that created her felt so ... yeah, there's that.

I did enjoy
the Fates and of course, the Gorgon  Wink

I give this a solid 7 outta 10 Invisible Jets.
The different take was nice so it was awarded more points, but it was also a little too far off and there are things that just bugged me every so slightly ... but again, not our DC WW, so ... a better than average score, but the art helps for sure.

Now I just have to read that damn Titans one!!!!  Angry
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 05:12:59 PM »

Now I just have to read that damn Titans one!!!!  Angry
 Cheesy

Me too!  lol   Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS