HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:03:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wonder Woman Earth One by Grant Morrison  (Read 16985 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 09:05:40 PM »

7 out of 10 seems reasonable given the art.  I was actually a bit disappointed.  I was expecting more from Morrison with the chance at writing all the gods that go along with this character.  The art was pretty killer so that gives it some bonuses but the story itself seemed pretty average.  A decent revision of the origin story but nothing that wowed me.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:46 AM »

Yep.
Same here.
 Undecided

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2016, 03:22:05 PM »

I wouldn't say it wowed me either.

However, I still really, really enjoyed reading it. At times, the art transitions and flow I felt were a hindrance, but damned if it still didn't look good, though.  Cool

I really like this story, and think it could fit in anywhere in any WW history.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS