HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:56:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Gladiator 2 premieres in theaters November 22, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - November 18, 2015  (Read 4960 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: November 16, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »

I think these are shipping this week.  Good thing I'm taking next week off for vacation because I'm still reading through my October stack!!

Descender TP Vol 01 Tin Stars DCBS Exc Var      
Earth 2 Society #6      
Martian Manhunter #6      
Titans Hunt #2 (of 12)      

Batman #46      
Secret Wars #7 (of 8 )      
Thors #4      
Walking Dead #148 (MR)      

Doctor Strange #2      
Extraordinary X-Men #1      
Velvet #12       
We Stand On Guard #5       
Imperium TP Vol 02 Broken Angels      

Flash #45      
Grayson #13      
House of M #4      

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »

Well, I'm broke now.
 Undecided

Thanks to this

Didn't buy the All-Star Squadron, as I have those, nor get the older, original run, but no way to resist that JSA run ... those runs. Not me. Some of the best DC comics ever!!

Edit - Those Adventure comics have always held a special place in my heart. My first true reading of a DC anthology series. Good stuff. Even with the art work that I wasn't a huge fan of
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:35:08 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:44:30 PM »

Edit - Those Adventure comics have always held a special place in my heart. My first true reading of a DC anthology series. Good stuff. Even with the art work that I wasn't a huge fan of

LOL.  I bought those Adventure issues yesterday too.  When I saw the covers I went into nostalgia and couldn't resist.  I owned them at one time as a kid and thats what I think of when I think of the Justice Society.  Loved the old Robin and Huntress.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 08:18:40 PM »

Loved the old Robin and Huntress.

My first look at both and also just fell for them.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 02:16:03 PM »

I know that that time period of Robinson, Goyer to Johns on JSA is some of my most utterly favorite comics to continually reread. I just loved the ....community of herodom and how those relationships were shown. So very great!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 04:06:19 PM »

Hey Perry - are you Adventure Comics in Black and White?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 04:14:01 PM »

No, but I didn't buy them there. I have those.

EDIT - I looked around and found that the site does say they are Black and White  Angry Angry

HERE at the bottom of the description

That is bullshit  Angry as it didn't have that on the main page I posted.

I've never seen that before. Need to watch out for that shit.  Angry

Boooo, that really has me second guessing using them anymore. I mean really, that is crap. Why in B&W??
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:20:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 04:18:28 PM »

Yeah I don't get why they are in Black and White from Comixology - at least the first one is.  I feel a little ripped off even for 99 cents.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 04:20:26 PM »

I edited my post above man
 Angry Angry Angry

Double checked and if you click on that main page, to add them to your cart, there is nothing saying the are B&W  Angry Angry Angry Angry
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 04:23:06 PM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 06:22:42 PM »

All well - I can still read them at least.  Just need to read the fine print in the future!   Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS