HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 01:54:44 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Madame Web premieres in theaters February 16, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents of Shield Season 3  (Read 20974 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2016, 01:20:45 AM »

You know what? Just blech. I honestly quit this show. The latest ep, 'Watchdogs' I just found atrocious. I removed the show from my queue, and I'm simply done with the show. I feel nothing towards this thing at all. Considering that higher up execs or MCU planners have no idea what this show is doing or what they are pursuing just seals the deal for me as well. I don't care.

More time to watch Daredevil.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 12:38:58 AM »

You know what? Just blech. I honestly quit this show. The latest ep, 'Watchdogs' I just found atrocious.

Eh, it was bad for the reasons I hate every network show, absolutely ridiculous occurrences and actions from them,  but it was no more poor to me as some other episodes. Not the best, not the most egregious in my eyes.

Just, meh. Give or take it really.

But hey, more free time for you  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2016, 01:25:17 AM »

Just, meh. Give or take it really.

But hey, more free time for you  Smiley

I think that's really just what I want, to be honest! Smiley

Why suffer through a show that is really slugging through elongated dregs of storylines with flat acting and instances, and instead spend that time on Daredevil? That's my thoughts.

When I think of watching the shows like I have to do my chores (like clean my room or shovel, like when I'm a kid), then I know that I'm just done.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 04:20:35 PM »

Why suffer through a show that is really slugging through elongated dregs of storylines with flat acting and instances, and instead spend that time on Daredevil? That's my thoughts.

Hey, sometimes it is just time. I get ya. When the bad starts to override the good ... or even the prospect of good, what's the point in staying?

The show is kinda handcuffed by the movies anyway, so they are limited in how fast they can advance, sadly, and I think a lot of the pacing has to do with that-

"Okay, we gotta stretch this out until Cap Civil War hits and then what we are going to do is ..."

Yeah, okay, sure. Drag us down.

One of the good things about Flash ... and Arrow I suppose ... (and Supergirl, though I have only watched 15 seconds of that) is they are not beholden to the DC movies. That is good. They can be their own product. It also means you don't get the connectivity, but when one side of the junction is being hurt by the other, the joined universe suffers so ...

But anyway, I get why you're out. I haven't been wowed by the last few episodes to say the least, but I remain on as I do remember the good times (last year was just epic) and I hope for more.
 Smiley

I am looking forward to the new Mockingbird off-shoot. They should be able to go buck wild (relatively speaking), or at least I hope so.
 Undecided

When I think of watching the shows like I have to do my chores (like clean my room or shovel, like when I'm a kid), then I know that I'm just done.

Yep, it is why I find myself really wishing the U.S would follow the way the BBC or iTV and have "series" (seasons) that are only 4 to 8 episodes long. Give me 4 hour and a half great episodes instead of 23 episodes of varying goodness. I mean compact the good stuff, eliminate or cut out the bullshit and give us good tv, damn it.

Look at Happy Valley on Netflix for example. I was so damn happy they hit with a season 2. Season one was so damn good. So damn powerful. You don't get the "down time" when you only have 8 or so episodes. You just don't. Hell, it's another reason I like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Just ten damn episodes so you better pack them with good shit. Even if I don't like "all" the good shit you pack in.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2016, 08:56:17 PM »

Hey, sometimes it is just time. I get ya. When the bad starts to override the good ... or even the prospect of good, what's the point in staying?

The show is kinda handcuffed by the movies anyway, so they are limited in how fast they can advance, sadly, and I think a lot of the pacing has to do with that-

"Okay, we gotta stretch this out until Cap Civil War hits and then what we are going to do is ..."

Yeah, okay, sure. Drag us down.

One of the good things about Flash ... and Arrow I suppose ... (and Supergirl, though I have only watched 15 seconds of that) is they are not beholden to the DC movies. That is good. They can be their own product. It also means you don't get the connectivity, but when one side of the junction is being hurt by the other, the joined universe suffers so ...

But anyway, I get why you're out. I haven't been wowed by the last few episodes to say the least, but I remain on as I do remember the good times (last year was just epic) and I hope for more.

Yeah, the show being handcuffed by the movies, not to mention, like I said, that the tv show plots or ideas in no way have any bearing or relationship to the planning of the movies, means that the show gets hung out to dry. Try to BE part of the MCU, but you can't touch certain topics/characters/plots or world advancement.

It almost becomes internet fan fiction to actual published content. Just makes me a bit sad. The 'Winter Soldier' tie-in eps of Season 1 were GREAT. The last 8 eps of that season were great. Just great. And Season 2 ended really high, but it took a long time (For me) to get to that point.

I am looking forward to the new Mockingbird off-shoot. They should be able to go buck wild (relatively speaking), or at least I hope so.
 Undecided

Wait; is that still happening? I thought that idea got canned since one Agents show was barely being supported as it was last season, let alone watering it down by franchising out. If it's still a go, I'll say that it's news to me, to be honest.

Yep, it is why I find myself really wishing the U.S would follow the way the BBC or iTV and have "series" (seasons) that are only 4 to 8 episodes long. Give me 4 hour and a half great episodes instead of 23 episodes of varying goodness. I mean compact the good stuff, eliminate or cut out the bullshit and give us good tv, damn it.

Look at Happy Valley on Netflix for example. I was so damn happy they hit with a season 2. Season one was so damn good. So damn powerful. You don't get the "down time" when you only have 8 or so episodes. You just don't. Hell, it's another reason I like Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Just ten damn episodes so you better pack them with good shit. Even if I don't like "all" the good shit you pack in.
 Cheesy Cheesy

Indeed indeed, INDEED.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2016, 12:40:24 AM »

Undecided

Wait; is that still happening? I thought that idea got canned since one Agents show was barely being supported as it was last season, let alone watering it down by franchising out. If it's still a go, I'll say that it's news to me, to be honest.

No idea. Just assumed as they left the show together they were still planning on it.

EDIT - Ummm ... yeah, it's still on. They are finishing the pilot now. It may not be picked up, but here is a story on it from about two weeks ago ... HERE

And Agents may be "barely being supported", but I think it hit renewal already.

EDIT 2 - and yeah, Agents has been renewed already, seen HERE from about a month ago. It was pulling about a 1.4. Not great, and viewership is down, but hardly pathetic.

and EDIT 3 - You know Agent Carter may be back for season 3 also, right?
 Smiley

Don't get me wrong, but it helps that Disney owns ABC and all  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 12:55:36 AM by Perry » Logged

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2016, 04:06:25 AM »

Tonight's episode was better.  I liked the glimpse into the future and then watching it all fall together. 

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2016, 05:46:54 PM »

Tonight's episode was better. 

Yes indeed. "Yeah, the day got even weirder"  Cheesy Cheesy

Although that darn political update crap, interrupting my shows without warning, has to stop !!!!  Angry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2016, 08:39:32 PM »

Tonight's episode was better. 

Yes indeed. "Yeah, the day got even weirder"  Cheesy Cheesy

Although that darn political update crap, interrupting my shows without warning, has to stop !!!!  Angry

Oh man you are not kidding about that update interrupting the show!  I was P.O.ed!!  Do it during a commercial or not at all!  I can wait until the regular news to hear that!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2016, 01:50:22 AM »

Finaly got caught up on this and man, I was close to being over this show as well. If the last show had not gone the way it did ... and slight spoiler ...
wrapped up this Daisy traitor thing
... I would have had a hard time continuing. Luckily, they did what they did when they did it. I was over that
 Undecided
And they did it so damn cool too!!

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2016, 04:32:50 AM »

Just watched the season finale.  So glad this is finally over. Please tell me next season will be back to a normal path.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS