HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 04:27:45 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Transformers: A New Generation premieres in theaters September 13, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Agents of Shield Season 3  (Read 20971 times)
Wringer
HR Super Hero

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2015, 06:03:22 PM »

i too agree this has been a very strong season so far and prefer a focused team with a well defined mission.

The only thing I would like to see more of is some personal gadgets.  they had a few in the 1st season but now, not so much.  there have been a few situation that I feel should have been resolved by pulling so kind of doodad out of a pocket and built into a watch to help/save a particular situation.  They seem too reliant on Daisy and her super friends and Bobby and her magnetic sticks Smiley .  need more cool weapons for a spy org...think Bond.
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2015, 04:58:38 AM »

Lol! I know with Agent Carter occurring that the mid season break is really long, but no new episodes until March 8th? Baby will be born 10 days after that! And that's a long three and a half months to go! More on the show later.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 05:26:50 AM »

Ep 10 'Maveth' Winter mid-season finale

I liked it. A lot actually. A team focused mission, get in, get out, follow parameters given, nothing rogue, adapt and continue as given directions by...the director Mac. Very cool! See our fellow Inhumans help out as the Commandos without taking over the mission or being uber powerful.

I did laugh that at the end they went to seal up the room from Hydra getting them, buy May had no problem walking around all over without getting caught, shot at, or detained by having the room sealed. But she got to do the walk on surprise reveal of Andrew/Lash's danger!!

Also, I hate Ward. I'm not sure I 'love to hate' Ward. I think I'm just annoyed by his destiny speak, or his "I've never lied to anyone; I've never misrepresented myself, so ergo I have honor that you must find commendable somewhere inside you." To whit, I loved Coulson's response of "I literally have no idea what you are talking about." SO GLAD for that.

Knew Will was dead. Just knew it.

I'm going to say this; the pacing of the end of the episode was stupid. The way it was cut together to show how tight the time frame was to keep the portal open/protected before the Ship shot the hell out of the castle juxtaposed with the 2 fights on the blue planet was poorly done to me. Any tension about not making it through before all enemies were killed and all heroes returned safely was done in by making that 76 seconds of the portal being open exaggerate to 5 minutes was laughable, and just bad. I rather hate it in 'Supergirl' as well when she just watches action occurring, the camera swirls around, and she comes to try to save the day-many times too late, or just barely. Just move! Get stuff going/happening!! There was no tension or suspense, and the attempt at it just made it that much more pathetic to me.

But I'm glad that Coulson crushed Ward's chest. Glad he didn't stop and let him die on the blue planet and assume it went to plan. Not sure why he kept Ward alive once he saw Fitz and Will in his binoculars. At that point, just execute the mothef***er.

Also, I realized as the show was ending that, sigh, YES, Ward was also going to come back through the portal (how long was that stupid thing open? All the agents came through, all 4 made it their flight short-bus, missiles hit it, and then evil Ward makes it to the road to stop Powers Boothe?) Now, Ward is a super villain, and I'll have to listen to his grandstanding some more. If he doesn't end up DoA by the end of this season, he'll simply be overused and at a dead end to me.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 08:03:08 PM »

I liked it. A lot actually. A team focused mission, get in, get out, follow parameters given, nothing rogue, adapt and continue as given directions by...the director Mac. Very cool! See our fellow Inhumans help out as the Commandos without taking over the mission or being uber powerful.

Pretty decent episode indeed

I did laugh that at the end they went to seal up the room from Hydra getting them, buy May had no problem walking around all over without getting caught, shot at, or detained by having the room sealed. But she got to do the walk on surprise reveal of Andrew/Lash's danger!!

Yep, comic booky  "let's not think on the logic of this too long"  Roll Eyes

Also, I hate Ward. I'm not sure I 'love to hate' Ward. I think I'm just annoyed by his destiny speak, or his "I've never lied to anyone; I've never misrepresented myself, so ergo I have honor that you must find commendable somewhere inside you." To whit, I loved Coulson's response of "I literally have no idea what you are talking about." SO GLAD for that.

I actually go back and forth with my thoughts on Ward. Sometimes I just want him gone, others I think I his the perfect foil for the team. Here ... well .. we all knew he was coming back, so ...

Knew Will was dead. Just knew it.

Well, We all got the sense he was either dead now with the "beast" inside, had been dead before with the "beast" inside or the beast was gonna be in someone. I am not sure I like that Will died AFTER Jema went through as much as he was dead the entire time. Made it so much more icky knowing she slept with the creature or beast prior.  Grin

I'm going to say this; the pacing of the end of the episode was stupid. The way it was cut together to show how tight the time frame was to keep the portal open/protected before the Ship shot the hell out of the castle juxtaposed with the 2 fights on the blue planet was poorly done to me. Any tension about not making it through before all enemies were killed and all heroes returned safely was done in by making that 76 seconds of the portal being open exaggerate to 5 minutes was laughable, and just bad..... Get stuff going/happening!! There was no tension or suspense, and the attempt at it just made it that much more pathetic to me.

Totally agree. Totally.

But I'm glad that Coulson crushed Ward's chest. Glad he didn't stop and let him die on the blue planet and assume it went to plan. Not sure why he kept Ward alive once he saw Fitz and Will in his binoculars. At that point, just execute the mothef***er.

Once again, right there with ya.

I know WHY they didn't, to have Fitz see Couson actually kill him draws more tension to later episodes, but they could have done that entire thing better, again, not the way they did.

Also, I realized as the show was ending that, sigh, YES, Ward was also going to come back through the portal (how long was that stupid thing open? All the agents came through, all 4 made it their flight short-bus, missiles hit it, and then evil Ward makes it to the road to stop Powers Boothe?) Now, Ward is a super villain, and I'll have to listen to his grandstanding some more. If he doesn't end up DoA by the end of this season, he'll simply be overused and at a dead end to me.

This all comes down to the last 10 minutes being total shit, in my opinion. Really hated the last part of the show. This season has been too good to be screwed by the last 10 minutes or so, yet it was.

Boooo

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2015, 12:49:04 AM »

Perry, that Comics Alliance website you mentioned? Boy howdy, do they hate Shield!! This mid-season wrap up analysis was ...scathing! Yeah, scathing! that's the word I'll use! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 01:33:47 AM »

Oh yeah, they have blasted the hell outta it.
 Cheesy

They are Extreme-Perry  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2016, 10:49:47 PM »

So, renewed for a 4th season....

I have mixed thoughts. I see that I've posted that I liked this season towards the midseason finale, but you know what? I have no memory of thinking this show is good! Explain that people!!  Cheesy Cheesy

Seriously, I went back to reread my posts, and found a Jimmy that was really liking what was occurring the longer the season went on.

But I'll be damned if I can recall why I liked it.

Now, Buffy, Angel, Firefly, Quantum Leap, early Arrow, 30 Rock, Scrubs; man, I can quote individual eps, tell you where things happened and all kinds of things. Right off the top of my head. cuz I loved those shows.

But AoS I have no memory of anything  or why I liked it. Weird.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2016, 01:24:39 AM »

Grin

I liked it. And now that they are bringing in more Inhumans I like that too. This season is suppose to be the Secret Warriors more than last year (and Captain America 2) touched on, so yeah, yay!! Hope to see more ... of the bad guys that sat around that table in Secret Warriors ... without giving too much away.
 Cheesy

If you have never read Secret Warriors, shame on you first of all, and HERE
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:17 AM »

Oh, no. I read Secret Warriors. In fact, I'm thinking of getting the huge HC versions of that run. A little weak in places at the end, but still, damned great read!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2016, 01:50:40 PM »

... A little weak in places at the end, but still, damned great read!!

For sure. In fact, I don't think I even finished it, in it's entirety. I honestly can't remember reading it all the way to the end now ...  Undecided Huh I think I may have found a new "shiny object" and got turned away.
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2016, 03:48:36 AM »

Episode 11

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2016, 02:40:14 AM »

Episode 11

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yeah, it was 'just tv.'

I've watched 11 & 12, and I keep wondering, what is it that I DON'T like? I almost really can't say.

Okay, I still don't give 2 shits about Daisy- or Daisy with Lincoln. So that part of the show goes really flat for me.

Let me say this; so there's this huge team on Shield, and there's the team on Legends of Tomorrow. I think because Legends is so big, varied (and yes, goofy for fun), those match ups of sticking characters in different pairings is fun. I've lost that feeling with this show.

For me, it's all about just seeing Fitz and Gemma (best 2 characters), and Coulson's bravado is always great. But the rest have...fallen away from me (queue the KoRn song! :p )

Sometimes I think I complain just to complain. Or that I'm too picky. But I also know that I will NEVER rewatch Agents of Shield. But I can't wait to rewatch Flash Sn 1 over again when I'm up all the time with Baby T.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 03:01:31 PM »

Kinda glad
the two are now gone to start their own show
. Hoping this gets back to early season form as it has faltered off a bit to say the least. Like Jimmy, want more Fitz and Gemma, but I also want more Inhumans, something I am a minority on.
 Grin

Hey, Maybe I am an Inhuman?  Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 05:27:20 PM »

I'm with you on the spin off.  Cast needed to trim down some.  I did like that last episode.  It was good and I liked the focus on the two characters.

Loved the bar scene at the end.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2016, 01:45:35 PM »

Loved the bar scene at the end.

That was very good. Got to me, even.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS