HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 08:07:59 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome back Realmers!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43341 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #60 on: February 27, 2016, 05:41:37 PM »

Although, I only now realize that I meant to say Comics Alliance for the tv show commentary reviews, not the Outhouse. But I think I still have you to thank for that Perry!!! Cheesy

OOOHHHHH, yeah, hahaha totally different beasts there. Haha. Again, you bet  Smiley

I do go to Alliance quite a bit.  Cool

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2016, 07:07:54 PM »

I finally caught up on Flash and Arrow this weekend.  Didn't want to read these threads until I had.

This whole identity of Zoom has me reeling.  If they make this too confusing then the general audience will drop out.  At least I think they will.

So if Jimmy's ideas are true then why would...

Jay kill himself?  I don't get that. 

I'm totally baffled.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #62 on: March 29, 2016, 03:25:23 PM »

Still lovin' this show, but I may have a new outlook on it now.
I just found out that "Flash" (Grant Gustin) went to school with my youngest daughter. I asked her about it and she said "Yeah, and he use to cheat off my French tests too!!"
 Cheesy Cheesy

(Gonna try to dig deeper, but she was late for work so she left me with so many questions !!!)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2016, 05:24:06 PM »

Still lovin' this show, but I may have a new outlook on it now.
I just found out that "Flash" (Grant Gustin) went to school with my youngest daughter. I asked her about it and she said "Yeah, and he use to cheat off my French tests too!!"
 Cheesy Cheesy

(Gonna try to dig deeper, but she was late for work so she left me with so many questions !!!)
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

WHAT??  Pin that girl down and get the scoop on him!!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #64 on: March 30, 2016, 01:44:19 PM »

WHAT??  Pin that girl down and get the scoop on him!!

Oh I did  Cheesy

It seems that he may have actually been in my house at one time, though my daughter can't remember for sure. If he was, it would have been an "in and out" type of thing where I met him, said hi, and that was it. Honestly, my youngest was one of those girls that everyone liked (in complete opposite of my oldest), so her friends list was pretty much the entire school  Cheesy. Towards the end, I just went through the motions of meeting her friends or those she introduced so I could have missed him  Shocked Shocked

But again, that is just a maybe anyway. I slim maybe. I don't remember him being here, so I doubt it, but my brain is filled with drugs, so who knows.
 Cheesy Cheesy
 Angry Angry

My daughter says she is pretty sure I have seen him at our neighbors house, which is two doors down at the end of the cul de sac ... where all the kids use to hang out and have parties. Me and the wife would walk down at times and hang with the neighbors and all before I got too bad.

I don't remember meeting him and my daughter can't say for sure, so I am going to say I didn't.

She was just basically "friendly" with him and they weren't really "friends" anyway so I guess I didn't miss much ... other than EVERYTHING!!!
 Cheesy

And after badgering her for more  Cheesy my daughter says "Dag, dad, whats the big deal? He's just a guy"

I can't argue with that I guess.

But he's a guy with super-speed, damn it!!!!
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bottom line, she said he was "Alright" while I am left thinking ... you couldn't have dated him?
 Cheesy Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2016, 02:32:16 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EXACTLY!!  What is she thinking???   Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2016, 02:43:44 PM »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

EXACTLY!!  What is she thinking???   Cheesy

I know, right?
 Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #67 on: March 30, 2016, 04:22:41 PM »

Ep 16 'Trajectory'

A pretty fun ep. Not a lot of spoilers or anything. Just good to watch the characters be the characters. Caitlin is still a floundering bit character. Her simpering and crying now are the main part of her portrayal, and that's a weakness. Cisco still continues to be amazing.

Missed seeing Joe do anything cool this ep. No biggie; he always gets his turn.

And hey, how about Jesse's metahuman warning going off when she shook Wally's hand? How come no one else noticed that? Cheesy

Barry is a bit of a pansy and a moron. "oh, this drug hurts and kills its user? But why can't I take it? I'm don't understand why you won't let me try it?" C'mon Barry, you idiot.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #68 on: April 03, 2016, 02:26:23 AM »

Ep 17 Flashback

OMG!  Loved loved loved loved this episode!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2016, 12:40:41 AM »

It was good, for sure!!
 Smiley

Would have been perfection if not for the sappy ass video  Angry

Smiley
But that's just me  Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2016, 01:14:15 AM »

ep 17 'Flashback'

WAS  a great ep. But again, I love and laugh how Barry just gets it into his head to selfishly do what he wants, damn the consequences or good advice he's been given.  Cheesy Cheesy

But what a cool change with Hartley. Really dug that. Great way to make a new regular, maybe!!

Remember when Thawne (the real one) showed up before in this season? I can barely remember why or how!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2016, 06:19:28 PM »

ep 18 - Vs Zoom

What a complete bunch of BS

Barry gives into terrorism? Really? Come on !!!!

And that stupid, pathetic "If you ever cared even a little bit for me you would ...." crap dialog from the days when my mom watched Days of Our Lives was also just teeth grinding worthy.

And why did Barry just "have to go get him" when the dude is dying anyway and will be gone if he just stays away? The way Barry taunted Zoom was also just a harsh reminder of a certain scene from Game of Thrones that still sends chills of anger up my spice, so maybe that is also why I hated it.
 Cheesy

And I convinced my doppleganger to die? WHAT? Who the hell would do that? Your future self comes to you and tells you he wants you to die and you do it? Even if he takes "forever to convince" you?? NO, NO YOU DON"T
UGGHHHHH

Even with the origin we got, just a horrible episode. Absolute crap. Was this a Guggenheim written episode?

BAH!!!!

2 outta 10  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

I think with this and Bat vs Supes Jimmy just wants to avoid talking. That's what it is.  That is why he hasn't been on. It's not the new baby.
Wink Grin Wink

No, I am not in a smiling mood. This was so damn disappointed.
 Angry Angry Angry

EDIT - and this damn episode just will not leave my damn brain. Had a small dream about it last night. Oh sure, I could have dreamt about countless other things, but no, I still had CW on the brain.

Could the man in the iron mask, that dude in the cell be ...
Zoom's father? Using codes like that to talk to Barry the way he did when Barry was in the cell and Jay/Zoom's dad was a war vet. Could Jay/Zoom gone back in time and grab his father and put him in a cage? But would that mean his mother is still alive? So maybe he go his father from another time? No, neither makes sense I guess as the Iron Mask guy was telling, or trying to tell, Barry how to escape his cell so he probably is a speedster. The more I think about it the less I like it ...

But another thing wrong with the episode -

What's with all the guns? what are they gonna do? Shoot him?  Well, why didn't you do it? Oh, because he if super-fast, that's right, and guns are useless.

And at first I have to admit I hated when Jay/Zoom says when asked why does he dress like the Flash and he replies something about to crush hope or whatever ... I was thinking who in the F'n world thinks he looks like the Flash? He is in a black as hell costume with a stupid mouth-melt mask. Oh sure, he has a bolt of lightning on his chest, but if you put an "A" on someones belt buckle are they really going around dressed as Aquaman? I know, I know, there are more similarities, just saying he is not dressed like the Flash enough to give anyone "hope". Quite the opposite really, right? and then I remembered he was originally dressed as Earth Two Flash, so ... yeah ... that is one complaint/bitch that I have to admit and withdraw. Hopefully someone can talk me through the other parts I am hating on ... hopefully

Oh I am so pissed at this episode
 Angry
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:34:57 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2016, 02:33:02 AM »

ep 18 'Vs Zoom'

What, was this a continuation of Batman V Superman V Zoom?

Cuz this ep was downright dumb as dogsh!t.

Not good, not feasible, terrible, terribly thought out, poorly written, and utter nonsense, and nonsensical dribble.

Barry's an ass. And a dumbass.

End of my review.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2016, 02:54:14 PM »

yep.

And 19, while better, was not good enough to wipe away the taste left from the episode prior.

Sadly, I ended up fast forwarding though a lot of this episode. I hope this is not the end of this show for me.  Undecided Embarrassed Cry

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2016, 05:34:53 PM »

Wow.  Although disappointing I didn't think it was hate worthy.  I agree with Perry's observations on:
Your not going to convince your past self to let you kill them.  Not to mention the paradox of killing said past self would erase your existence. 

And I agree the crew would not just stand around and give up Barry's speed.  Somebody shoot him.

But as bad as it was I don't think it was "I'll never watch this show again!" bad.

Oh, and my theory on the guy in iron mask?

Earth 2 Wally West.  As to why he's keeping him alive? I have no idea but I suspect it will be a dumb reason.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS