HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:26:12 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43332 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2016, 01:05:19 AM »

Ep 12 'Fast Lane'

Hellz yeah, great ep! Cisco had me busting a gut laughing, the West family continues to develop very well through the story, I really enjoyed Tar Pit's presentation of his pain, but then he just turned into the villain of the week. No biggie.

But damn, is Wells a great character (and actor!). He nails every scene of his.

Awesome last speech by Barry at least. Glad to see he's not super mopey all over the place this ep again.

Bwahaha only in a comics show does the line "We're going to Earth-2" seem so damned awesome!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2016, 09:45:50 AM »

The tar marks coming out of his eyes were a bit much. Too 90's Crow
, but ... yeah, it was okay

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2016, 03:34:59 AM »

Caught up on Flash today.  Great episodes.  Loved the Turtle. Loved Reverse Flash. Liked Tar Pit.

And Perry the reason you hate this Wally is because ITS NOT THE REAL WALLY WEST!!  But you knew I'd say that.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2016, 02:08:39 PM »

Cheesy

Oh yes I did!!  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2016, 01:45:36 PM »

Ep 13 'Welcome to Earth-2'

Angry

Okay, so going to another earth is fun, seeing dopplegangers is fun. Cisco and Barry are fun people.

They are also terribly stupid, selfish, and short-sighted.

IN all this time, on Earth-1, Cisco has treated Harry's life like a fun game. Like it wasn't real.

So, cue the trip to Earth-2. All fun and games. Barry doesn't think about what he does, and just runs off, grabs his double, and supplants his life. Going through this whole new world, Barry is utterly brain dead. Confused and stupefied by what he sees, he can't fathom that these are all real people with their own dreams and hopes and worries.

So, in his stupidity in believing that this world should simply be his world in a different, same fashion, he acts the same, and believes everyone should be the same. IN doing so...and 'having fun' in this world...he gets Joseph killed.

Barry is indirectly, but completely responsible for Joseph's death. His selfishness in wanting to be part of this world results in the suffering of these people. These real people. REAL.

Not a game. Not fake. (okay, yes, I know it's a show, but for all intents and purposes).

But Barry and Cisco's desire to have fun with their sight-seeing trip have severely changed the lives of Iris West-Allen and Joseph. I have a SERIOUS issue with their cavalier and stupid indifference to this real world's people and problems.

For viewers? A very fun trip. For the actual characters living in the show? They HORRIBLY messed up. I'm seriously pissed about this

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2016, 09:41:22 PM »

Angry

What Jimmy said!!!

Angry

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2016, 02:56:54 AM »

I'm a little slow, but I just figured out who this creepy, mob leading Reverse Flash is gonna end-up being ... maybe ...

Huge spoiler potential below ..

Barry Allen ... Earth 2 one I mean

Maybe?  Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2016, 09:32:04 PM »

Darn. Not my idea. Man that wouldv'e blown the internet in half, but no ... Oh well
 Grin

Still hate
the way Flash just stands there when trouble is happening. The latest - Zoom getting ready to kill Harrison's daughter and a regular speed person is the first to act? Flash, the hero, gets beaten in the action by Killer Frost?
Hahaha

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »

Ep 14 'Escape from Earth-2'

Only half way through this ep; enjoying this a bit more, but if they blow off Barry and Cisco's utter failure last ep, I'll be a pissed off dude.

Also....is the real Jay Garrick in the cell, and a false one on Earth-1? Hopefully this episode will tell!!

Cisco and Harry (the actors) continue to show how they simply dominate this show.

(also, it's a little pat for Barry-2 and Iris-2 to simply accept the doppelganger/alternate reality thing, but hey, Flash asks us to do that all the time! Grin )

Also; Geomancer; again? What a lame-ass second appearance!! Watching Speed Jay running again was cool!!!

Earth-1 Kaitlin and Jay romance is boring. Iris the Reporter is boring. Sorry, but they are. At least the Kaitlin actress gets to do more and show more as Killer Frost.

***what an idiot for standing so close to the breach. Moron.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2016, 04:00:08 AM »

Ep 15 'King Shark'

Maaaaan, Barry is back to his whiny, selfish bitch self. He's the fastest man alive! He can't live and do 2 things at once? Sheesh.

Glad to see Dig out and about doing different things! That's cool to see!!

King Shark looks so damn cool!!  Cool I would have loved, LOVED, LOVED if Dig would have said 'What the fuck?!' and had it bleeped by the WB at the beginning of the ep when he saw King Shark. Would have just loved it. LOVED IT. For me, that's how the start of this episode is going to be in my memory.  Cheesy

Cisco's drop of Caitlin's doppelganger was pathetic. Pathetic writing, pathetic acting. So, that's one of Cisco's biggest failures this season.

Wells (actor) continues to make everyone around him better.

Very forced antagonism between Wally and Barry. I'm happy to see that actually occur, as it really would in real life. However, it's too forced.

And hey! They address Barry getting Joe-2 killed, thank you! Thank you very much!! And everything you say is exactly true, Barry!! Thank you for saying it!!!

And just to say it again, Damn King Shark looked great!! But Dig? A stocking cap in rain? C'mon man, that's just dumb!! Tell me Cisco gives him a new helmet, though!!!

Well, glad to see Zoom is Jay (a future Jay? Another Earth Jay? I still believe the man in the mask is also a Jay, so here we go from here!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2016, 02:59:08 PM »

My Zoom theory (Spoilers from after King Shark ep)

So, Zoom is Jay Garrick. A Jay Garrick, I believe.

Now, its too bad for Caitlin that her Jay, the one she was forced to fall in love with died. Or did he? Watch that Speed-9 formula heal him up! But I don't think it will.

I think the masked man is truly Earth-2's Jay Garrick. The one that was running around originally, not trusting Wells there, but being the good guy.

I believe the Caitlin Jay is a future version of Earth-2 Jay, come back in time. Now, why?

How about future Jay meets Zoom-who happens to be himself from another world. Future Jay is already sick, and knows his speed can help cure it, but either A) Zoom steals Future Jay's speed, to make Jay work for Zoom, or B) desparate Future Jay agrees to go along with Zoom's promise for more speed, from another world, where that Flash hasn't gotten too strong to not be defeated, but is plenty fast to help them both.

So, Future Jay come back to Earth-2 current time, Future Jay helps capture current Jay, locks him up, and Future Jay gets sent to Earth-1. By now, Future Jay realizes he probably screwed up. Zoom has Future Jay's current self, which means that F-Jay works for Zoom, at the peril that Zoom could snuff Current Jay out at any time, and thereby kill F-Jay.

So, F-Jay isn't fast, he's dying, gotta work to get Barry to Earth-2, but then he has a change of heart, Caitlin helps cure him, he finds the heart of a hero, and thinks maybe he can just live on Earth-1, and whatever happens on Earth-2 won't affect him.

Now, I don't believe I'm correctly right on the whys or any of that story stuff, but I certainly feel that Masked Man is the real Earth-2 Jay Garrick. I'd bet someone else's hat on that. Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »

I saw the same thing ...  elsewhere ... though I didn't see their explanation. So at least two smart people think it ... yeah ... Probably.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #57 on: February 27, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »

I've been trying to get all my own thoughts down before I go looking elsewheres and get corrupted by others.

By the way, I love reading the commentaries of these shows on The Outhouse. I go right there after I finish an episode. Thanks for the link to that, Perry!! Smiley Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #58 on: February 27, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

Sweet. You bet. I haven't gone there in some time  Undecided but they do have a great (funny) spin on some things.

Though they can be very bias towards DC Comics. I take all they say about DC with a grain of salt. They seem to think DC screwed them one time and they have never forgiven them for it. I can't remember what it was, but I am sure you can look it up... if you want.
 Smiley

EDIT - Crap,  Cheesy I couldn't get it out of my head, so I went searching ... I found THIS

Eh, whatever. Nothing really.

EDIT 2 - and back on the show - I am still getting really pissed at the "non-action" some of the directors are using in some of these scenes. Like
when the cops/guards/agents get eaten by King Shark. They turn the corner, look up and just stand there while he pounces. No gun fire, no reaction at all. Ugh, Make them react a little. Don't just say "okay turn the corner and stop and we will edit in the Shark". NO. Tell them to Turn the corner, see Kingy and react". Then when they edit in the shark it looks right. DAMN IT.
Angry

Grin
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 04:33:22 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #59 on: February 27, 2016, 05:07:59 PM »

Although, I only now realize that I meant to say Comics Alliance for the tv show commentary reviews, not the Outhouse. But I think I still have you to thank for that Perry!!! Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS