HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:36:29 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43323 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 02:54:13 AM »

Episode 4

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

Can't talk about the episode because I can't get past that one scene.  And you know what I'm talking about if you saw it.

Tooooooo funny.

(Now to go read Jimmy's spoiler)

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 03:05:12 AM »

Episode 4 - Jimmys spoiler...

#blindside!  It did not even occur to me that the son was going to be Wally.  Of course you are dead on.  Of course, he won't be the Wally I want but I will block that out and try to enjoy this version for who he is.

Good to see Harrison Wells again even if it is the Earth 2 version.  I can't remember how they used Jason in earlier episodes.  But Jefferson Jackson seems to be a good replacement.  Maybe the Jackson name is wink towards Black Lightning Jefferson Pierce?

And Oh yeah.... King Shark!  BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2015, 02:10:01 PM »

Ep 5 "The Darkness and the Light"

Best. Episode. This. Season!

I so enjoyed the entirety of this episode. Personal interactions, the humor, the action, the advancing plot; no one, no thing was left to waste or was overly stupid in its execution.

I laughed out loud with Cisco and Barry on the date. This has been missing (for me) in both Flash and Arrow (for some time). I need them to have some day to day stuff. I'm glad that Team Flash hangs in Jitters time to time for coffee, or dinner at Joe's house. Just people being people. I need that too.

Love, LOVE this iteration of Harrison Wells. The tension among everyone else is done so well with a Wells in the room. Joe's initial 'Shoot em!' was a big flooring moment, but hey, he's never shied away from being a cop.

All the conversations with Wells, Wells versus Jay Garrick, Jay and Caitlin, Wells outing Cisco, all done so well.

Now the moments I pause at: One, I love that Cop-dad gives his daughter a gun for her protection, and won't take no for an answer. Two, she shoots at the head of another person. Let's think this over! I know this won't be addressed, based on the fact that it won't be thought of any more later, but Iris shot for the head in an effort to kill Dr. Light. If that face mask was just regular tinted glass, Dr. Light would be dead. Iris had no idea that the bullets would be stopped, but she. would. have. KILLED. another person! Will they ever come back to that? Will they ever address any later shock of realizing just truly what she did? I mean, Dr. Light was horribly spooked and appalled that she actually did kill someone. Iris didn't even bat an eye. That's...that's something that could have been explored or used. Or could be in the future.

Speaking of Dr. Light; I liked this iteration. Cool look of powers, cool explanation of powers too, by Wells, that I never considered. (Harnesses the power from a star, which is whatever insanely high temperature, so yeah, probably pretty dangerous). Now, making her Linda's doppleganger....OooOOo...me likey. What a cool way to bring Linda in for some more episodes (especially since she really sizzled and made a great impact as character and actor in her first appearance. Great screen presence, just like when Canary/Sara came on Arrow).

Now, the previews show using regular Linda as a stoog/will accomplice to lure Zoom....they've tried this before with Cisco! To lure Reverse Flash/Wells into a trap! Didn't work then! Why use another to try it? Obviously, Linda looks like she's let into the real story of it, but still, highly unethical and dangerous is my thought!!!!

No, I thought this was a great, all around episode. Every character in this ep also got to be a person as well. I hope that makes sense to you as you read that line.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2015, 05:49:57 PM »

Ep. 6 'Enter Zoom'

Thoughts always drift away when I wait too long to discuss an episode. What I will say is that the show has done wonders to show the threat, danger, and menace of their big bads. Reverse Flash was the ultimate threat. Zoom is terrifying. I thought for a moment he was going to unmask Barry in the news office!! But yes, Zoom, holy shit, what a presence!!

And the thing with the paralysis! Very cool!

However, a huge stupid pill moment was using Linda as bait as a false Dr. Light. C'MON!!! Didn't they learn anything from last season how damned DUMB that is to do that!! Just frustrating.

However, Barry (Gustin) has amazing chemistry with any female lead, and I enjoy watching him grow another relationship with Patty (who I really enjoy watching!). However, yes, Patty is going to blow some shit wide open as they (Joe & Barry) really just treated her like shit in keeping her out. And yes, Linda is also let into the secret of the Flash. I wonder if this is really how it would work in the real world. Of course I'm going to tell everyone that I'm deeply close with, and yes, they won't tell anyone else either. Duh. Or...maybe it doesn't work that way. I have a hard time imagining which one actually would occur.

And...Grodd returns! And gettting more intelligent! YES!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2015, 07:18:56 PM »

Ep. 6 'Enter Zoom'

Thoughts always drift away when I wait too long to discuss an episode. What I will say is that the show has done wonders to show the threat, danger, and menace of their big bads. Reverse Flash was the ultimate threat. Zoom is terrifying. I thought for a moment he was going to unmask Barry in the news office!! But yes, Zoom, holy shit, what a presence!!

And the thing with the paralysis! Very cool!

However, a huge stupid pill moment was using Linda as bait as a false Dr. Light. C'MON!!! Didn't they learn anything from last season how damned DUMB that is to do that!! Just frustrating.

However, Barry (Gustin) has amazing chemistry with any female lead, and I enjoy watching him grow another relationship with Patty (who I really enjoy watching!). However, yes, Patty is going to blow some shit wide open as they (Joe & Barry) really just treated her like shit in keeping her out. And yes, Linda is also let into the secret of the Flash. I wonder if this is really how it would work in the real world. Of course I'm going to tell everyone that I'm deeply close with, and yes, they won't tell anyone else either. Duh. Or...maybe it doesn't work that way. I have a hard time imagining which one actually would occur.

And...Grodd returns! And gettting more intelligent! YES!

Agreed.  This show keeps getting better and better.  I also agree that...
This revealing himself to random people is dumb.  He took forever to tell Iris but tells Linda this quick?  Not buying it.

I'm thinking Zoom is going to wind up being the Barry of Earth 2.  Why else would he be so consumed with him?

I like the Jesse Quick reveal (can't remember if that was this episode or the last.

And YES!  Can't wait to see Grodd again!!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 04:07:15 PM »

Ep 7 'Gorilla Warfare'

Damned Grodd is awesome. AWESOME!! Like I said last season, I hope he just continues to get smarter and smarter! And now with more Gorilla City! (as a fun wrinkle, it's a neat way to also highlight why Grodd would be so different than Solovar or the other gorillas; he's an experiment, they arrived by their evolution in a different, societal way, so yet again, Grodd is an outcast amongst them.)

Harry was great to watch. I love being able to keep 'Ed' on the show, but in a different yet similar manner. Anyone on the outside looking in (like, oh, say, Barry's dad has to wonder at all this insanity!!!).

Yet, Harry walking around is a little goofy, what with being dead and all and confessing to Nora Allen's murder. Then again, that's a Case Closed, and how often do others really look at a person in public and wonder who it is? It's not like others are still searching for a dead man/murderer who was yesterday's news.

Barry's whining or feeling down this season is getting a bit redundant or annoying. Also, he really cannot do a single thing without his team. At times, I get frustrated by that.

But...Kendra is Hawkgirl is almost here! But WHY did Cisco leave the date? Cuz he was spooked? He didn't go talk to anyone about any of it!! The Flash excursion that night wasn't anything, because no one left, so why did he awkwardly leave that date?! There was no reason!! Kendra shouldn't have given him the time of day after that. No reason for him leaving beyond setting up nervous tension later for a writers' moment. Bah.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 06:01:29 PM »

Now that I am finished with Jessica Jones I can get back to this!! got to catch up.
(Not reading spoilers yet, although I can guess by the title of the last episode who this episode may showcase)
 Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 07:23:13 PM »

Now that I am finished with Jessica Jones I can get back to this!! got to catch up.
(Not reading spoilers yet, although I can guess by the title of the last episode who this episode may showcase)
 Cheesy

I don't name them; that's for sure!  Cool Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2015, 01:29:45 AM »

Cheesy

I don't name them; that's for sure!  Cool Cheesy

Smiley Oh, I know  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

Ep 8 'Legends of Today'

So ...many...ah! All the things!!!

So many heroes! So much lack of secret identities! Cisco just dropping Barry's name like that?! C'mon, man! Whatever; expediency!!!

(sadly, these super team up shows just become victims to expediency too often. OH well, still kinda fun).

How much do I love that both this show and Smallville worked to include Hawkman in them? I love it!! He's a hit! People like him! I hope that the wings are magic or whatever! I don't care! Just give me a continually resurrected warrior in Carter Hall! Although, show Ollie isn't enough like comic-Ollie to create that anatognism that was in the comics between GA and Hawkman, but perhaps an older, more battled (through the centuries) fighter like Carter could make Ollie feel put in a place where he no longer holds or feels seniority.

At least Vandal Savage seemed pretty cool.

I will say...that I worry about the shows getting too...comic-booky. LIke, 60's comicbooky, where the Bat-computer always finds the answer or the way. Where the giant Arrow signal just spins on a kaleidoscope, and it's announced by a booming over voice "Meanwhile, in Damien Dahrks dastardly den of doom!" our heroes just spin in.

It's just that Arrow seems far less...grounded these days. I still enjoy! But I get nervous.....Then again, the team up shows are really just big events for fans to enjoy everyone together. So, I like the fun of it. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 06:54:08 PM »

Forgot it was time for the X-over, so I missed the last part of the two-part'er (maybe I will check into online, maybe) but overall ... well .. I kinda enjoyed it? I guess?

I have the same problems with the lack of ... secrecy as you, Jimmy, not with just the Cisco thing, but then they take this girl to another city and show her those heroes identities as well?  Angry

Also, an Arrow question, They showed the guy in the beginning putting hands on Ollie and sucking his life or whatever ... who was that suppose to be? Me no know.

I'm glad they are bringing in the Hawks, but while toothy Kendra kinda bothers me, the guy they got playing Carter ... not a fan at all.

Also, on the Arrow side, I just don't like the fact that Felicity and him are together. It is just for fan service, I get it, but it isn't right.  Grin It feels wrong as there is little chemistry betwixt them and what little there is that shows through is only because Felicity has so much chemistry period. Put her newar a lamp and they have a little chemistry. HA
 Cheesy

The one part, on the roof, when Barry and Ollie were talking, I cuoldn't help but put a mental goatee on Barry and think how much better of an Ollie he would have been over this freakin' Amell guy. I have just never liked him as Ollie. He doesn't fit the part for me. He is more of a Red Hood kinda guy. But whatever, I am getting off base.
 Grin

Now a question about the new series, Legends of ... something  ... Tomorrow? Cheesy I forgot .... damn it ... anyway, they showed the preview for that new Legends show, and I saw the following characters, but I'm missing who the girl with long hair is ... the one that had that long blade or staff and dressed in blue?
We have:
Rip Hunter (I assume)
Heat Wave
Captain Cold
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Atom
Firestorm (both peeps)
And I saw the symbol for Hourman, but didn't see him
But who is the girl? Was that Black Canary from Arrow? Didn't look like her. And she had this blue outfit on, it looked like.
 Help?

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2015, 04:05:55 PM »

Now a question about the new series, Legends of ... something  ... Tomorrow? ..... but I'm missing who the girl with (edited - semi) long hair is ... the one that had that long blade or staff and dressed in blue?
We have:
Rip Hunter (I assume)
Heat Wave
Captain Cold
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Atom
Firestorm (both peeps)
But who is the girl?

Looks like it will be
the second incarnation of the Doom Patrol, Negative Energy thing in Valentina Vostok

EDIT - and as for a possible future villain ... only look if you want to be spoiled. I don't think you should look, even though it isn't a big deal ... hell, may not even happen ... could be just a joke .... well ... it's still cool ... but you shouldn't look ... but ... okay ... fine ... look if you want to ... but you shouldn't ...
One of the next villains will be
Tarpit
  Grin
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:11:28 PM by Perry » Logged

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2015, 05:02:07 PM »

But who is the girl? Was that Black Canary from Arrow? Didn't look like her. And she had this blue outfit on, it looked like.
 Help?

Only have time for a quick answer, but yes, it's Sara Lance, the original Canary from Arrow.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2015, 09:47:30 PM »

I'm behind and haven't watched the crossover yet.  Killing me not to look at the spoilers above so I can join the conversation.....

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2015, 10:44:05 PM »

Help?

Only have time for a quick answer, but yes, it's Sara Lance, the original Canary from Arrow.

No, not the one I saw. This girl has shorter hair. I think it is
that negative woman according to the casting and DC Comics anyway

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS