HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:58:00 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ghostbusters: Afterlife 2 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43329 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 29, 2015, 05:17:28 PM »

Get ready! October 6th is next week! How will time be affected and changed due to the season's end? WE'LL FIND OUT!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »

TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 07:44:14 PM »

TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT!!!!!

WOOT!  WOOT!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2015, 08:28:02 PM »

Ep 1 'The Man Who Saved Central City'

I enjoyed. Actually, I think the flashback of the conclusion of Sn 1 was more enjoyable than the 'new' show. I understand Robbie Amell has work elsewheres or some such, so he can't/won't be Firestorm anymore, but it was really sad to just see him, well, gone that suddenly from the show.

And, as I think about it sitting here, 3 people died in that day! Reverse Flash/Welles, Ronnie Raymond, and Eddie Thawne. No wonder Barry is seriously messed up from it.

The new occurrence of seeing the Atom-Smasher was really cool. Also very cool to see Barry being a forensic scientist again and doing a job. I like 'normal life' on these shows as much as the action and running *ahem* plot. But the best parts are sometimes watching people being people. Joe and BArry sharing tears and love in the season finale, Barry comforting his dying mom; all way better than most of the other stuff.

However, Atom-Smasher was here and gone, with very little fan fare. That was disappointing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 04:12:19 PM »

Ep 2 'Flash of Two Worlds'

Ha! Really liked this one. Really, really dig this Jay Garrick. He certainly doesn't look old, but his demeanor and gravitas lend so much weight to the character of who Jay is (or, was, looking at Nu52 DCYou.... ).

I enjoyed Patty Spivots first appearance. Very likable, nothing squeaky clean annoying about her. Good motivations.

The in-episode framing of the original comic of the Flash(s) meeting was so cool! LOL

I'm actually a little glad to see Cisco be alarmed at his powers. Instead of being all fanboy about them, the threat that Wells promised that the powers were from him scares him more than anything. Not entirely sure why he wouldn't seek active help, especially from Stein, who is part of the group, but a little removed from the inner circle.

Looks like we need Firestorm back for Stein!

And yes, alternate world Wells! Friend or Foe? Is he Zoom? Now the speculations can abound!!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 07:13:09 PM »

Ep 1 'The Man Who Saved Central City'

I enjoyed. Actually, I think the flashback of the conclusion of Sn 1 was more enjoyable than the 'new' show. I understand Robbie Amell has work elsewheres or some such, so he can't/won't be Firestorm anymore, but it was really sad to just see him, well, gone that suddenly from the show.

And, as I think about it sitting here, 3 people died in that day! Reverse Flash/Welles, Ronnie Raymond, and Eddie Thawne. No wonder Barry is seriously messed up from it.

The new occurrence of seeing the Atom-Smasher was really cool. Also very cool to see Barry being a forensic scientist again and doing a job. I like 'normal life' on these shows as much as the action and running *ahem* plot. But the best parts are sometimes watching people being people. Joe and BArry sharing tears and love in the season finale, Barry comforting his dying mom; all way better than most of the other stuff.

However, Atom-Smasher was here and gone, with very little fan fare. That was disappointing.

Agree.  I liked the start as well.  I'm anxious to find out who...
Zoom
...is going to be.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2015, 03:24:55 PM »

Okay, my thoughts on episode 1

First off,
I avoided all spoilers so I had no idea Firestorm was going to be a temporary solo act after the event. Glad they kept the professor, though that really surprises me as I thought Garber wasn't really enjoying the idea of a "costumed" type of program/show. But hey, it's a paycheck and he loved his time on Alias, so maybe they told him it was similar to this. Or, he was, ya know, misquoted because, yeah, the internets.
 Grin

As for the opening itself ... I kinda feel cheated. With them going to a "remember when this thing happened to us, six months ago?" I feel like I missed something. When last I saw Barry, flying up a portals tornado  Cheesy, I was bummed when they cut it, but at least I knew when the season started over, we were gonna get hit with a grand opening.

Not so much.

But it does free us from having to listen to Ms. Snow bemoan Ronnie for 6 episodes, so yay to that.
 Cheesy

Nice to see a version of the Atom Smasher but actually preferred Cisco and the Profs dialog about the name more than I did the character. The SFX were really, really bad with him. I think they did better with Grodd, which saddens me as this was the first "issue" of the next year. This should have been good if not great. It was neither. It was bad.

Also, Barry's dad leaving was absolutely bullshit. Spends 14 years in jail and then bails on his son when released? BOOOO. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. There was one part that really bugged me more than this, at the time, but I can't remember it now so I am putting all that anger into Barry's dad leaving, instead of placing the ire where it should be.
 Cheesy

Damn I can't remember. I guess that's a good thing.

The ending however, My name is Jay Garrick!!!!!!!
OH HELL YEAH !!!!!

Oh wait, there is another thing that kinda bugged me. Joe tells this unknown character (Jay) "Take one more step and [I will blow your white ass away]" or something like that Grin and the very next thing Jay does is take a step into the light!!!!
Why didn't Joe shoot?
 Grin

All in all a good episode. Kinda soap-opera'y but not too bad. Flash still kinda hits me like Days of Our Lives vs Arrow's god awful As the World Turns.
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:59:20 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 03:33:01 PM »

Episode 2 - Loved Jay Garrick.  Looks like we're going to have a Season of Earth 2 villains!

Here's my guess on the identity of Zoom....

Earth 2 Barry Allen?  Probably far fetched but you never know!

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 05:14:15 PM »

Okay, my thoughts on episode 1

First off,
I avoided all spoilers so I had no idea Firestorm was going to be a temporary solo act after the event. Glad they kept the professor, though that really surprises me as I thought Garber wasn't really enjoying the idea of a "costumed" type of program/show. But hey, it's a paycheck and he loved his time on Alias, so maybe they told him it was similar to this. Or, he was, ya know, misquoted because, yeah, the internets.
 Grin

As for the opening itself ... I kinda feel cheated. With them going to a "remember when this thing happened to us, six months ago?" I feel like I missed something. When last I saw Barry, flying up a portals tornado  Cheesy, I was bummed when they cut it, but at least I knew when the season started over, we were gonna get hit with a grand opening.

Not so much.

But it does free us from having to listen to Ms. Snow bemoan Ronnie for 6 episodes, so yay to that.
 Cheesy

Nice to see a version of the Atom Smasher but actually preferred Cisco and the Profs dialog about the name more than I did the character. The SFX were really, really bad with him. I think they did better with Grodd, which saddens me as this was the first "issue" of the next year. This should have been good if not great. It was neither. It was bad.

Also, Barry's dad leaving was absolutely bullshit. Spends 14 years in jail and then bails on his son when released? BOOOO. Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit. There was one part that really bugged me more than this, at the time, but I can't remember it now so I am putting all that anger into Barry's dad leaving, instead of placing the ire where it should be.
 Cheesy

Damn I can't remember. I guess that's a good thing.

The ending however, My name is Jay Garrick!!!!!!!
OH HELL YEAH !!!!!

Oh wait, there is another thing that kinda bugged me. Joe tells this unknown character (Jay) "Take one more step and [I will blow your white ass away]" or something like that Grin and the very next thing Jay does is take a step into the light!!!!
Why didn't Joe shoot?
 Grin

Dangnabbit...

I forgot about Henry 'leaving'~bah! Hated that! I understand the hollywood/writers room/tv situation of not making Shipp a full regular, but they should have done it better than that!

Henry should have said "Slow down slugger; I don't know where I fit in life anymore-yours, mine, Central City....but I know you have a life that I'm not a part of...and I don't know how to fit into that. You will not stop what you're doing to catch me up. No apartment hunting for our place together, setting up a new practice for me together...it may be hard for you, but this needs to go slow. I'm not leaving this city. We can see each other all the time; more frequently than when I was in prison! But I need to see how to live free, too."

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2015, 05:15:18 PM »

Episode 2 - Loved Jay Garrick.  Looks like we're going to have a Season of Earth 2 villains!

Imagine this.....

How cheeky would it be that Zoom is HENRY ALLEN.  Cheesy Cheesy

Just trying to get JW Shipp back into a Flash costume!  Grin Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 07:40:51 PM »

Imagine this.....

How cheeky would it be that Zoom is HENRY ALLEN.  Cheesy Cheesy

Just trying to get JW Shipp back into a Flash costume!  Grin Cool

Good one!  That would be crazy cool!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 01:54:52 PM »

Getting this out of the way, and totally agreeing with Jimmy (and, I am sure, Jeff) ...
That "cover capture" scene was an incredible touch  Grin As soon as I heard ...Patsy? ... crying out I crossed my fingers (mentally) that they would do something like it, but they pulled an even better look than I thought it would be. I mean with the brick wall (coulomb) betwixt the two of them and her hands up. Ha. Wonderful.

I liked this episode a little more, even though the last episode was fine.
I have heard of the Sand Demon before but I think I must have been out of DC comics (and preparing to leave all comics) by the time he first came out. Pretty cool to see a character I didn't really know but heard of being shown to me in that manner. Sort of like a Who's Who live
 Grin

I think Zoom being Wells is a little too "on the nose" but actually wouldn't mind seeing it. Kinda makes sense in the television "Earth 2" kinda way, but at the same time I thought I smelled the ocean when he came on screen so he is most chances a Red Herring.
 Grin

I like all the guesses of Zoom so far, and I was also thinking it was "daddy" Allen, just for the story or Barry just to hit Barry with another reason to be moody Grin, but I am going to pull Joe out of my butt because, why not?
 Grin

Hope it is none of the above and we get a new character, but I damn sure hope it is not Wells due to ease of non-comic fans. Wells was a super-speedy-villain on this Earth, so ...

Back to the show, I wasn't overly happy about Barry's mistrust of Jay and how long and far they took it. I get it, but it just seemed out of character a tad. Nothing I couldn't take, but just kinda like getting a new tattoo ... just felt like it rubbed me a little too long.
 Grin

And in closing, in my bitching way ...  Grin I also think that Jay's helmet should have been just a little, just a tad deeper, to sit better on his head. I know it is shallow in the comics, but it didn't look as nostalgic to me as just ill-fitted
 Grin

Still a good episode however. Looking forward to more!!!!!

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »

Boy, we are not posting round these parts these days!

Ep 3 was Family of Rogues

Ep 4 was Fury of Firestorm

the 'Rogue' episode was fine. I always enjoy Cold, but the show, unlike the comics, seems to REALLY stretch it how Flash allows Cold to steal and whatnot as long as no one gets killed. I'm glad to see Barry rather decide at the end of the ep that yeah, Snart needs to go to PRISON<for a>BREAK Wink  -and maybe suffer whatever consequences later.

I think I'm bugged more for letting Lisa just drive away. She's killed cops!!! Or, I assume they were dead once encased in whatever cold shit that gun sprays them with! But the nerdy guy with hot girl romance must go on, and we're left with that moment. No. No. No. NO.  That pushes stuff a bit too far for me. That's a TV writing element/trope that doesn't pay service to the hero mantra they have affixed to Flash. Not one bit.

Did I mention the word hero there? If not, they said it about 827 times in 'Fury.' So, juxtapose that with the week's prior episode of letting Golden Glider ride off and away, and it sits sourly with me.

First off-AWESOME KING SHARK!!!!! Wow, they said they kinda blew their budget on this ep for that, and it was worth it! Looked FANTASTIC!!!!

Second, I'm sad that for whatever reason they couldn't go back and reuse the Jason Rusch character from season 1 as the other Firestorm Matrix guy-but they just went ahead and created a new character for the spot instead. I'm not sure if there is a black teen generic name generator on the internet, but 'Jefferson Jackson' would probably be the first thing that pops up. It's such a quick, here's an origin and setting the hero on his journey ep that so much of the other elements of the Flash side of things just felt flat-as in, how did Hewitt end up with powers? Sure, he went bonkers, I guess, but now you've locked up this working professional? Will he be missed? Will it be noticed Kaitlin went to see him, or called him if police look into him as missing persons?  Too much 'pat' stuff this ep.

However, I dig Iris' angle this week. Yes, I giggled when they used 'Macgregor's Syndrome' again. Oh 'Batman & Robin' movie, do you never stop giving? Cool

but, BUT the revelation that Joe has a SON he never knew, kept from him???!!! And yes, duh, IT'S WALLY, but holy shit what a bomb for that family!!! So yes, Francine will die, go away, and Wally will be left without family he knows, and Joe and Iris will have to find a way to heal, learn, and grow. Great dynamics can certainly come from that, with Wally butting heads with the 'son' Joe already has in Barry.

I like Patty. A little too All-American apple pie baking sweet heart at times, a little too eager Gidgety at times, but I think she and Barry do very well with their screen time together.

That's what I got!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2015, 05:16:42 PM »

Haven't watched Ep 4 yet - dang kid got in trouble that night and we couldn't watch it.  We'll likely watch it tomorrow night.

Ep 3 - I like the episode as a whole but totally agree with what you said about Flash letting Cold run around stealing.  Without spoiling I'll say I like how that ended.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »

Not clicking Jimmy's spoiler tag as he combined the episodes I fear Tongue  Wink and I, like Jeff, have only seen episode #3 but going off what Jeff has said I can agree on that one point about allowing Cold to run around stealing.

I also don't like the way they are pushing Cold is a good guy. I don't mind they want to portray him as not a "bad, evil" guy, but they are really pushing it, hard. Only because of the new show coming up, I know why, but here it kinda gets old.

Golden Glider is still a name that should be changed. It just doesn't work on tv  Grin

One thing, not a blast but I just don't remember ... Can Barry ...
Does Barry not yet know how to vibrate enough to break ice? I thought he has done that before. Maybe I am wrong. Either way, I liked the use of the heated fibers (and the way the insignia glowed), but could have sworn he knows how to shake hard to break ice.
Huh

Still the best show on CW and a great comic show all around ... even though it's a little too sticky sweet for me  Grin I have Alias/Jessica Jones coming up soon, so it's all good.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

On to episode #4!!!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS