HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:18:25 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Dune: Part Two premieres in theaters March 15, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 4  (Read 18728 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

Ep 13 'Sins of the Father'

Hey! A pretty decent episode! I mean, it can't possibly be explained why Roy takes off when Thea is literally on her death bed, but whatevs. What I enjoy about these shows is that sometimes...yeah, a foolish secret doesn't stay hidden. So, Calculator is revealed, Felicity finds out about daddy.

A bit more foolishness involving assassins killing each other in Star City, but at least this episode is pointed to a direction and has focus.

I think more than anything this show really suffers from character bloat. This ep kept it focused and driven, so that helped.

Still wish that Malcolm was killed. Ollie really needs to reconsider what this 'father' figure is to Thea. A father is someone who raises you, cares for you, and loves you. Malcolm loves Thea in a pathological manner, not a loving manner. Continually working to keep him alive does make Ollie seem that he really aspires to the hope that he'll become a good man...but I rather doubt that from a man who left his 8 year old son in the week(s) after his wife's murder.

Um...a tangent there...okay, I liked watching this ep. That's about it.Smiley

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2016, 09:03:02 PM »

Ep 11 'A.W.O.L'

Cool; a Dig episode replete with flashback!!

As always, the action is really good. Damn great stunt fighting choreography.

The Felicity stuff...heh heh heh...black goth Felicity is always fun to look at. Oliver pushing her to 'get back in the game' would help was extemporaneous fluff to move the story. She, of course, can act the shit out of it!! Glad to see they continue to address things and move on and learn from them.

Edit to add later

Lyla getting kidnapped ...again...blah. Glad to see they addressed Andy's ex-wife and son, however. And to get Andy to meet Dig's family was good too. Wowzers! Killing TV Amanda Waller. Hunh.

The island stuff...still not as exciting anymore. The camp leader is a ridiculous figure; why he would allow Oliver to continue to live is too over the top.

An okay ep. Stuff I liked about, but the stuff I don't like (Thea and Laurel in costume, plots of convenience) will continue to rear it's ugly head this whole season. Can't be helped. Oh well. It's still possible that everything will turn out amazing!

I'm the ever loving optimist. Wink

Got to see Stephen and Robbie Ameil a couple of weekends ago and got motivated to try and catch up.  Watched this one last night and watching Episode 12 now.  I got spoiled in the Stephen Ameil panel when he talked about
cutting off Malcolm's hand
.  I should have caught up before going to to see him!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2016, 01:33:54 AM »

Ep 14 'Code of Silence'

Mostly enjoyed this show. I'll say this; they do a damned great job-continually!-with their wide shots of fights and combat. Damned good for that.

However, I'm irritated with Ollie keeping his son a secret from Felicity. I mean, if Thea found out, then Felicity will find out. The mother doesn't want Ollie fully in William's life? Well, fine, but that doesn't mean you hide that kind of thing from someone you want to be your wife.

Comics Alliance says it best; this show won't let itself have fun with its comic tropes. I don't want a goofy and fun thing like Flash, but without the bright moments, this is just a really bad Batman comic rip-off. Like it is, I know, but man, this show was AWESOME in season 2. I want that again, the full season, not just an episode here or there.

Great sequencing of fights in the theater! So cool!

I think it was sweet with Donna and Quentin.

Now, with this Mayoral thing...I want Ollie to really push this Mayor thing. I want to see the show invested in it. So much background stuff, but I want this to be at the forefront too. Keep it active!! It helps to really humanize Ollie. They've kept him so stilted and wooden; let this let Ollie breathe!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2016, 01:27:15 AM »

Ep 15 'Taken'

Quick hits

WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TELLING YO' BABY/MAMA THAT YOU ARE GREEN ARROW?!! WTF, F!!!?

Vixen actually looks pretty damned cool, and gave a really cool appearance. Love the 'animated meeting' reference. See, the show can have fun when it wants to!!!

That said, I'm more than a bit sick of the forced drama this season. Felicity could have been "Felicity AND the girlfriend" but now they've really Gwen Stacy'ed her. Why? Because Ollie is being Peter Parker. A dumbass. A jerk. An unthinking moron.

Ollie and Dig together are the heart of the show for me.

Thea/Speedy gets the coolest stunts! Sorry Laurel!!!
Hey, Laurel can REALLY act! Her and her father talking of Ollie's cheating was one of the best moments she's ever done!

I'm done with the super hero ensemble every ep. I want Ollie to be the hero, the one to do it all give me more of that!

I really hope this season turns it around for the final act. Act 2 of Season 3 was AWESOME but fell a little flat by the end. Season 4 shows that there can apparently be no joy anymore. So much drama and moroseness. Even Batman says "geez, laying it on thick, aren't ya?"

And I'm sorry, but it fell really flat to smack us in the face-HARD-that Felicity only gains the ability to walk-to walk out on Ollie. Yeah we get it. Nice allusion. As if we weren't smart enough to catch it. Geesh.

They are writing Ollie like a Dan Slott Peter Parker this season, and it drives me crazy alot!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 07:11:18 PM »

Caught up on this over the weekend.

The breakup at the end seems contrived.  I don't think Felicity would have just walked out on Ollie.

I was so ready for Dark to be over with.  His storyline has dragged out too long.

Vixen was nice to see but seemed more like something that should be in Flash.  Magic like that doesn't seem to fit here.

Still want to see who is in the grave.  Does this death get Ollie and Felicity back together?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2016, 04:40:29 PM »

Ep 16 'Broken Hearts'

Gahk. I hate Cupid. Just annoying. Silly, stupid, and lame.

This antagonism between Ollie and Felicity really just annoyed and super dramatized a show that was just steeped in it way too much already. 'm glad to see Laurel actually doing her job. Nice to see in places beyond the Arrowcave.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2016, 02:27:43 AM »

Agreed. The Felicity Ollie plot is dumb.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2016, 01:22:37 AM »

Ep 17 'Beacon of Hope'

Holy shit, this episode was dumb.

BEACON <bee-con> of Hope was uttered twice in the episode, and it's a damn bee pun to go along with the rest of the episode. Hot damn, this was just stupid.

Check that, I dug leather armored dude from Dead Space as the living bee suit villain to fight. Loved that. Cheesy

I miss the days of arrows just getting shot into bad guys. Can't do a damned thing without super science computer bullshit to save the day. Oliver just to be all Batman-like with getting into secure places, hiding, skulking, and making with the shadows and ninja-play. Now, it's all thermal imagining, shutting down alarms, blah blah blah shit.

This show has really soured this 4th season. Comics Alliance does a great job in putting into words my dissatisfication with what's going on. This season is aimless, and fallen off the track of trying to make the 'Green Arrow' be a figure how steps out into the light to have all his actions seen by all. That was the story from first episode this season.

Writers, you have failed this season.

I may even write a letter to the CW. I'm not sure this season gets a rewatch right away on dvd. I've just been so heavily vested into it that I won't quit. (And it's not gawdawful boring or anything), but it's getting so damned poor from what it used to be.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2016, 03:20:39 AM »

Ep 18 "11:59"

Holy shit, this episode was great.

They did it. they actually killed Laurel. Wow. Didn't think they had the gumption. thought a fake out was gonna happen with Dig. then maybe Merlyn would kill Thea? Maybe Det Lance? But no, Laurel had to say "one last time" as the Canary, and that was all she wrote.

Her death didn't make the ep great; the entire ep was great. Nice work for a change, friends!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:58 AM »

Ep 18 "11:59"

Holy shit, this episode was great.

They did it. they actually killed Laurel. Wow. Didn't think they had the gumption. thought a fake out was gonna happen with Dig. then maybe Merlyn would kill Thea? Maybe Det Lance? But no, Laurel had to say "one last time" as the Canary, and that was all she wrote.

Her death didn't make the ep great; the entire ep was great. Nice work for a change, friends!

You didn't really believe that did you?

Come on. She's talking to Ollie alone and wants him to do something for her. They cut away before she says what it is then suddenly she's crashing?  Nope. I'm not buying it for a second.  This reeks of fake out to me.

Of course, it was still a good episode. I can agree with that!   Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2016, 03:37:20 AM »

Jeff:

I know, but man....what if? what if it was the 'last second confession IF I don't make it?"

"Don't talk that way Laurel; of course you'll pull through."

"No Ollie, just listen to me. Please, just listen...."

Cool

By the way, if you read any of the threads on facebooks offical Arrow page, holy shit are people PISSED!!! about this ep!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2016, 08:36:57 PM »

Jeff:

I know, but man....what if? what if it was the 'last second confession IF I don't make it?"

"Don't talk that way Laurel; of course you'll pull through."

"No Ollie, just listen to me. Please, just listen...."

Cool

By the way, if you read any of the threads on facebooks offical Arrow page, holy shit are people PISSED!!! about this ep!!!

I went and checked out the Arrow Facebook page.  Your right!  lololol

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 03:22:20 AM »

'Canary Cry' (ep 18?)

A better pick me up ep after the last one. EVeryone's performance was actually done pretty well. Amell got to do a bit more than look like a stern boss. Still not a 100% sold on the why of what they did last ep, but at least in the last 2 eps, they're trying to make it a season at least!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2016, 12:00:35 AM »

Ep 20 'Genesis'

Hmm....it'sokay

Not a bad ep. Not great either. The extreme crash course in 'how to use magic' was weak sauce, and probably should have been a journey the whole season ala training alongside Ra's to use it against him. A quick once over-that didn't work-that suddenly worked later was weak as hell. Again, trying to get to the end of the season and stretching it out.

Felicity acting like all is okay, that she's suddenly hunky dory and not angry or upset about the non-marriage bugs the shit out of me. Really? Just move on that quickly? Be buddy buddy? Keep reminding Ollie how you used to love him and why-and how those things are still there, she can see it? THEN WHY FUCKING LEAVE HIM?

I really want to check writers and see how many are new, or changed over from the past good years of Seasons 2 or 3. This is frustrating.

Why does everyone introduced as good have to be a bad guy? Of course the good looking guy that got close to Thea was going to be a part of Hive. It was known from the start! So, an Assassin DJ from season 2 got with Thea-duh, he's a bad guy. Political planner Alex-of course, he's hive. At least Roy was just keeping her out of the loop about his secret id as Arsenal. Also, she's a terrible date-she can't read a guy at all!!

And...the best story told with feeling-Dig kills his brother-after pulling a gun no less than 4 times on him threatening to kill him. One, it probably shouldn't have gotten to the fourth time. He probably should have killed him at the 1st or 2nd gun pull, then felt the way he does now.

Because, yes, Andy needed to be killed. He was no longer a brother or family to Dig. However, it will rightfully so eat him and destroy him a bit. As it should. Poor Dig. Sad

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2016, 02:10:37 PM »

Any thoughts on the finale?

I'm really just glad it's over.  This story arc drug out way too long.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS