HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:17:02 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Spiderverse 3 premieres in theaters March 29, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrow Season 4  (Read 18727 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 29, 2015, 05:16:45 PM »

OH, it's coming, baby. Be ready!! October 7th! Set the automated electronic recording device machine!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 03:30:59 AM »

Ep 1 'Green Arrow'

Yay! They did it! Named him Green Arrow! changed the arrow insignia in the beginning to match what is considered his now most iconic arrow emblem look! Yay!  Cheesy

An episode I liked far better than Flash's first ep. I dig the new suit, how it handles. I dig Damien Dahrk; that actor just owned his scenes and his character's purpose.

I really liked seeing the fallout of Star City. It was mentioned in Sn 3 that Starling City had seen so many terrorist threats occur to it that no one would live there. Now, we see that even more here. Truly, its a city that needs HOPE. Enter, the 'Green Arrow.' In a magically hokey and silly moment of Oliver declaring himself as the GA (tongue in cheek goofy, but I loved!), he expresses that need to be hopeful! Being Arrow/Green Arrow doesn't mean that he achieves his results by any means, but in a direction that brings everyone up with him. Satisfying.

HOWEVER-!-!-!

The ending! 1: The Det. Lance thing. Working with Hive/Dahrk? Wow. THAT was a surprise!! Glad to see it seemed more like Dahrk has Lance bent over a barrel. And, he didn't give up Oliver's ID right away either...since it would mean something just as bad for his daughter.

And then....The grave in the future! They said it's not a fake out! It's going to happen! And what, you say? I'm calling it as Merlyn killing Felicity. This season will be about Dahrk and facing him down, but I think it will twist up with Merlyn and the League once again to eliminate Dahrk and take on his Hive resources. And Felicity becomes a casualty to take Oliver's head out of the game. We'll see. I won't even bother to put up a second or third guess; I'll just leave it as Ms. Smoak hitting the dirt nap!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 07:47:49 PM »

Ep 1 'Green Arrow'

Yay! They did it! Named him Green Arrow! changed the arrow insignia in the beginning to match what is considered his now most iconic arrow emblem look! Yay!  Cheesy

An episode I liked far better than Flash's first ep. I dig the new suit, how it handles. I dig Damien Dahrk; that actor just owned his scenes and his character's purpose.

I really liked seeing the fallout of Star City. It was mentioned in Sn 3 that Starling City had seen so many terrorist threats occur to it that no one would live there. Now, we see that even more here. Truly, its a city that needs HOPE. Enter, the 'Green Arrow.' In a magically hokey and silly moment of Oliver declaring himself as the GA (tongue in cheek goofy, but I loved!), he expresses that need to be hopeful! Being Arrow/Green Arrow doesn't mean that he achieves his results by any means, but in a direction that brings everyone up with him. Satisfying.

HOWEVER-!-!-!

The ending! 1: The Det. Lance thing. Working with Hive/Dahrk? Wow. THAT was a surprise!! Glad to see it seemed more like Dahrk has Lance bent over a barrel. And, he didn't give up Oliver's ID right away either...since it would mean something just as bad for his daughter.

And then....The grave in the future! They said it's not a fake out! It's going to happen! And what, you say? I'm calling it as Merlyn killing Felicity. This season will be about Dahrk and facing him down, but I think it will twist up with Merlyn and the League once again to eliminate Dahrk and take on his Hive resources. And Felicity becomes a casualty to take Oliver's head out of the game. We'll see. I won't even bother to put up a second or third guess; I'll just leave it as Ms. Smoak hitting the dirt nap!!

Finally watched this yesterday and I agree - great season starter.

Quoting you - "that actor just owned his scenes and his character's purpose."

That actor is Neal McDonough.  You probably didn't recognize him but that's Dum Dum Dugan from the Captain America movies.   Grin   I really like him as an actor and am excited to see him in Arrow.

Now for the spoiler...

I think they are trying to make us think that the grave was Felicity's which makes me suspect.  My gut says its a red herring unless she is planning on leaving the show.  Of course, on this show it could be her since people don't stay dead long.   Grin

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 05:23:22 PM »

That's right; the moustache! OH, how did I miss that! I've always enjoyed this guy in his small bits here and there, and I knew there was something I was missing really recently that I knew him from!! Dugan!!

Onto this:

Ep 2 'The Candidate'

Quite enjoyed this one. I do like watching Ollie being a bit lost now that he's returned. Although, he is a bit too ambivalent (writing wise) to how f'ing terrible Star City is. Last 3 mayors dead in office, all the city's main leaders assassinated the week prior....economy in the toilet! This place needs some serious help!

Him running for mayor is a neat lifted angle from the comics...really want to see how it plays out. I like it in theory that we would get to see Oliver be a bit more human still, as I enjoy watching that stuff play out as well.

Anarky was a quirky thug and murderer...so no real screen capturing presence for me.

However...holy shit the ending! Laurel is off the deep end! Digging up and opening the grave! WTF!!! I know that this is the angle that gets Sara back alive for Legends of Tomorrow, but seriously, as Stan on South Park would say, "Dude, this is pretty fucked right here."

I...I...uh.... Shocked

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:26:57 PM »

Quick hits on last week's ep before tonights

Ep 3 'Restoration'

Yeah, I realize that the Pit was going to be used to bring Sara back. HOWEVER, if you are watching this for the narrative and character progression and what not, this screams STUPID. While I don't need particulars and nitty gritty details of everything, HOW do they get to Nanda Parbat with a dead body? Ok, maybe Thea uses a personal plane with Malcolm's money, but DEAR GOD they drove away from the Queen estate (now belonging to somebody else???) with a body in the trunk/back seat? FUKKIN MORBID. Seriously, how does Thea not think Laurel is out of her mind insane at this point?Huh

Double Down was actually pretty awesome and cool to see. Although, Dahrk is so big, so evil, so powerful, I'm...not really sure what his agenda is here, or why he simply just doesn't do everything himself.

And Ray Palmer is making Felicity's phone act all weird, right? He's stuck in her phone?

Glad to see Dig and Ollie back on the same page here.

So far, through 3 eps....I kind of feel like it's a car spinning tires in a snowy parking doing donuts. Going fast, going no where, and not in control. There's just this different feel to this season...and I think it's because Oliver isn't in charge. He's not in the lead on his crusade, he's floundering around. Thematically, maybe it is about making him seem useless and not a changed hero or person right now, but it's not the greatest right now.

I just need Laurel to never be Canary again. Honestly, I just don't need it. She's okay, but still not my favorite. Thea needs to get over her abusive vampire thing-and maybe not suit up again. Don't know on this on. Dig's helmet should look more Gangbuster and less Magneto, and I'd be fine with that.

Also, I'm a bit of a grump and in a down mood this morning, so I'm sure that's not helping this recall either. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 07:36:22 PM »

Quick hits on last week's ep before tonights

Ep 3 'Restoration'

Yeah, I realize that the Pit was going to be used to bring Sara back. HOWEVER, if you are watching this for the narrative and character progression and what not, this screams STUPID. While I don't need particulars and nitty gritty details of everything, HOW do they get to Nanda Parbat with a dead body? Ok, maybe Thea uses a personal plane with Malcolm's money, but DEAR GOD they drove away from the Queen estate (now belonging to somebody else???) with a body in the trunk/back seat? FUKKIN MORBID. Seriously, how does Thea not think Laurel is out of her mind insane at this point?Huh

Double Down was actually pretty awesome and cool to see. Although, Dahrk is so big, so evil, so powerful, I'm...not really sure what his agenda is here, or why he simply just doesn't do everything himself.

And Ray Palmer is making Felicity's phone act all weird, right? He's stuck in her phone?

Glad to see Dig and Ollie back on the same page here.

So far, through 3 eps....I kind of feel like it's a car spinning tires in a snowy parking doing donuts. Going fast, going no where, and not in control. There's just this different feel to this season...and I think it's because Oliver isn't in charge. He's not in the lead on his crusade, he's floundering around. Thematically, maybe it is about making him seem useless and not a changed hero or person right now, but it's not the greatest right now.

I just need Laurel to never be Canary again. Honestly, I just don't need it. She's okay, but still not my favorite. Thea needs to get over her abusive vampire thing-and maybe not suit up again. Don't know on this on. Dig's helmet should look more Gangbuster and less Magneto, and I'd be fine with that.

Also, I'm a bit of a grump and in a down mood this morning, so I'm sure that's not helping this recall either. Wink

At least...
they destroyed the pit so they can't do this anymore

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 01:20:50 PM »

Ep 4 'Beyond Redemption'

So, Laurel has Sara chained up in the basement of her apartment building or the old Arrowcave. Ollie announces to the Team that he's running for Mayor, they reveal a new Arrowcave (which is really snazzy!), and they hunt down some bad cops...that may include Captain Lance.

Also, before going too far, I do want to say how I appreciate how the flashbacks have improved. Back on the island, and aping the Diggle and Jock story of 'Green Arrow Year One', we get to see Ollie infiltrating some cocaine harvesting, enslaving, murdering mercenaries. What I hope that the flashbacks will do is A)continue some awesome Amell asskicking action!, and B)show us that this Ollie is the one that continues along to his survival only nature where he is a cold killer that eventually gets rescued ala Season 1.

Because that's what these flashbacks need to be-watching him continue to spiral down into the man on the mission, as juxtuaposed to the rising hero of Green Arrow that he is now. I imagine the flashbacks will continue to show how Ollie made poor or bad choices that will be mirrored by his GA persona that does not do what he once did. He'll be all the more heroic by casting off and shrugging away the man he thought he had to be.

But anyway, in the present, this ep does some great work with Lance and Queen in each other's faces. After having rewatched Sn 3 right before this one, it was a real dramatic turn of Lance from Sn3ep1 to the end-a man on a brutal hunt to end Ollie's campaign to try and heal his own hurt at Sara's death. At least in the first 3 eps, it would appear that Lance knew he was a bit wrong on his crusade, but that doesn't mean he's besties with a returned Ollie, and has plenty of rancor to still give back to Ollie's new Green Arrow dream.

In this ep, though, his new relationship with Damian is revealed, and that gives us some AWESOME screen time between Lance and Ollie. That moment alone helped to save, what I perceive, was a bit of a floundering around Sn4. With this moment, and with an improved Ollicity relationship over the crying, weeping one from Sn3, and John coming around to being an ally and friend again (but still not a close brother), Team Arrow is solidfying back to good form for me.

However....

Laurel is crazy. Just crazy. Brings psycho Sara back to Star city, chains her in a cellar, but doesn't hide her from her father (again, with some great work by Lance). She says something to the fact that she doesn't want Ollie's holier than thou speech-but then again, he's probably right in this regard!!! Ollie didn't use the pit to bring back his Mother, or his Father (and yes, because he did use it to bring Thea back, but that was regarding Ra's play to hurt him, and then every other person in his life. Okay, maybe I'm quibbling. It was for sure not right to bring Thea back either, but you need as much interesting female leads as you can when considering Laurel's acumen.)

So, in thinking of the crazy side of things, there's Laurel. There's also Thea, who will apparently be okay as long as she kills someone every where once in a while to fill the dead part of her soul. HUH?! She did just kill a redshirt assassin last ep, but hey, she killed someone! She doesn't want to be a killer! She needs to be showing her slow drive to crazy town! I realize in the serial nature of the show, the weekly format doesn't always allow this, but...it's a big thing!!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2015, 03:41:38 PM »

Ep 5 'Haunted'

What a mostly really cool episode! I watched 'Constantine' and agreed that it finally got going in the last few eps. I grew to really like Matt Ryan in the role, and thought it was amazingly so cool so him get to do it one more time and really shine with it. This ep was less Arrow and more Constantine, and frankly, I think it was a very awesome nod to fans, and a very cool way to show respect to another DC property, and for the show itself to be a fan to 'Constantine.'

That said, I wish the saving the soul sequence could have been a bit more of a shadowy special effecty, kind of sequence. Wink

Laurel! Okay, while Oliver can be a bit judgmental with his condescending looks (that all the women complain about), Laurel needs to start using her fucking head, or at least get it out of her ass. When she comes at Ollie in the hall of the hospital, she had a point-right up until she said 'why don't you ever think of my family?" FUCK YOU!!! That's all he's ever really done! You stupid pissy ass! Every person that Sara killed as a Soulless monster is on your head, Laurel! And I hate, HATE that both the shows are starting to pass by 'non show' peoples' deaths.

I mean, Barry helped to kill Sand Demon. Shattered the guy! Is he coming back? Will we continue to see more ramifications of those that Dr. Light killed? Or Cold? or will it continue along about the nameless people Thea and Sara killed? This is a crit of both shows, to be sure. I hate background deaths that serve to make something 'dire.'

Wow...wasn't expecting that rant. Cool

How about Dig finding out his brother was a scumbag? That's gotta hit him really hard. Cool to see him and Lance actually have a reason to interact and talk more too.

And finally getting Ray back! Wahoo! Fun stuff. I like me a good search and rescue mission.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 05:41:06 PM »

Ep. 6 'Lost Souls'

I think I want to start with the dislikes, then get into the likes.

Actually, it's more about the disappointments, or limitations, that TV can do to itself. How can TV have limits on their stories? They have a full season?

Because parts of the story are merely only fuel to get to a destination. That's where shows get into trouble. When you want to get to C from starting at A, and B doesn't mean shit.

And B is the most important part.

For this ep, the biggest dislike is putting Sara into the field, then doing so AGAIN after she had beat someone to near death and had to be pulled away. Now, this should be a major concern for all. AFter all, EVERYONE knows that the killer instinct of whatever damaged part of her soul demands it-they have all seen it with Thea. Continue to see it with Thea. But, that just does unnoticed, back burnered, and only used for a scene or two to give the *ahem* B-squad characters (Laurel, Thea, and Sara) something to do.

This is my disappointment; the show does not so much carefully juggle subplots by having one give rise to another, as some other story falls into lull; they are all being fired continuously with little regard for construction or layering.

After all....we can easily forgive that MANY PEOPLE WERE MURDERED BY ZOMBIE SARA'S RAMPAGE. Laurel has to 'live with that'-whenever that can occur. Det Lance knows this as well; but it's all hugs and kisses for his daughter.

Yet, this Sara is a monster who needs to find herself is just a set up to explain why she leaves STar City and why she can be available for Legends of Tomorrow.

So? What am I really pissed at? Event fatigue ruining the normal run of my show. Wink
But that's what it feels like!!!

I don't mind that the Queen for Mayor is in the background; it's still running, just as a bit part that will come to bigger fruition later. The bigger part of rescuing Ray was more important, and more fun. I enjoy the core Team Arrow working as it does.

For my input, I'd prefer it if Thea doesn't always come out, or if Laurel would have a night or two off. Because, you know, as Thea says, she'd like a normal life. I'd enjoy it more if both of the ladies fell off from Oliver's crusade. Because, again, me personally, I'd like to see normalcy come into everything.

I like the secret identity, the rush of trying to do things without becoming aware. I get sick of always hanging out in the Arrowca...ver, lair. Wink

However, that 'normalcy' of life can't occur because the big bad has been continuously working since ep 1. He's there, he's known; how can you rest knowing that evil is present? That's why it does seem stupid to sit down to a nice cooked dinner; any time you do that, you are wasting time not tracking him down or thwarting his plan. That was a stumble here between Ollie and his relationship with Felicity. Glad they didn't break up, but did come through together!!

Still love me some bromance with the guys. Wink

Hmm...looking back, I think I see a bunch of mixed reviews. (Although, the flashbacks are really interesting to me).

Oh! OH! OH! just thought of it now as I was typing. The reason why I really didn't like so many Batman comics for some time (think 6+ years back) is that it was all Batman stuff. All Batcave, all fights, all villains. There was no humanity in it; no seeing Bruce doing benefit galas, pretending to work at WayneCorp, doing social activities. For me, I need to see the person behind it all. Superman sitting down to dinner with his parents to discuss problems with his marriage with Lois with his parents; Christmas parties of the JLA and JSA, Captain America visiting vets and just talking and listening to them.

And right now, Arrow is a bit too much of just Arrow and Arrow adventures all the time. I enjoyed Thea so much more when she was just a sister; Laurel as a struggling attorney, Ollie just trying to find his personality again.

Give me more of that.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 04:01:06 PM »

Ep 7 'Brotherhood'

Jeff, for when you watch this, just notice the directing. The visuals that new director stepping in for this ep was amazing. The tracking shots, the way the camera opened up scenes or added to the way characters felt, the elevator fight reminiscent of DD's hallway fight; so amazing this ep!!

Like I said, with the directing this ep, I really, really enjoyed this one so much! (with a caveat; do I like that Andy Diggle is alive? Not sure. I rather liked that perhaps there was no redemption for the dead brother that got in the way with his illicit doings when going up against Damian.

But yeah, that fight scene with Thea going through 2 floors and in the elevator? Damned awesome! All the camera work with all the other fights, then with the Atom coming in, so COOL!!! This one is a twice watched ep.

For intricacies, it's fun to imagine why Damian was hurt so in trying to take Thea's soul. The pseudo-bond of Laurel and Dig over returned from the dead murderous siblings was interesting. Watching Ollie get ready to make the same damned mistake of infiltrating evil with evil, only to be undone by his closest friends, Dig and Felicity, at least made me go 'yes yes! that's how you do it, numbskull!!'

I'm waiting for the campaign organizer to be one of Dahrk's men. It's coming, isn't it?  Roll Eyes

But watching Dig control this ep, with his acting, and the character itself, so damned cool. Glad he got the spotlight. He just owned all his moments and took every scene. So very great.

Watching Ray be a bit down was good acting and writing too. 'What have I done that wasn't simply gone the moment I died? Did I really live?' Good stuff. Looking forward to see him around more then too.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 01:19:48 AM »

Ep 8 'Legends of Yesterday'

Big goofy story, lots of heroes, a small line for everyone here or there-but mostly still for Cisco, and i really loved it for that. Know the other cool thing? Almost no Laurel, and I liked it more for that!

I hope Hawkman/Hawkgirl grows on me more. I so love to see those characters out there and loved!! Time to re-read Johns, Palmiotti & Gray Hawkman! (And Jeff, Perry; if you guys never read those 48 issues, you simply must!!! I think Palmiotti & Gray was far superior to Johns during this run!!!

I don't mind Vandal Savage. I like the way he conducts himself, his accent hiding under the actor's speech. But, I would like to see him control factions upon factions of men or people as simple pawns for his plans. I would have liked to see him be a badder villain in the fight. Shoot him full of arrows or bullets; it wouldn't slow him! Only enrage him further, and then see him "de-evolve" into a ...savage that goes for blood on his hands! But, special effects, magic, and tying him to the Hawks instead of Hath-Set works just fine for me.

Also, we get to see Ollie discover his son! Conner....wait, WILLIAM? What the fuck?! Why not Conner? Dammit all to hell! Why do that? C'mon people....such an obvious thing to do there! However, now to start lurking on ebay to see if Meltzer's 'Archer's Quest' storyline is going up in price (remember? These comics established that Ollie always knew Conner was his son; Ollie simply ran away from his responsibility there in shame).

I'm glad to see Ollie be...weak upon his choice to hide his son from Felicity. I'm not sure why he couldn't see that telling Felicity would be okay, even if he kept everyone out of his life. We'll see how this pans out.

Good stuff. Decent stuff. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 05:44:18 PM »

Ep 9 'Dark Waters'

At least they didn't go with the pun on Damien's name for 'Dahrk Waters.' Wink

Eh, so much of this season seems to clash in each episode. Trying to pay service to all threads just makes the show feel mushed. Such as; especially dealing with this ep:

-Ollie for Mayor
-Ghosts attacking the City
-Thea's bloodlust and Malcolm hanging around
-Dig's brother Andy
-Ollie popping the question
-Father/Daughter trust issues with Quentin & Laurel
-& then the threat of this week's plot
-OH! And I forgot flashbacks occurring as well (which only seem to get about 7 minutes of air time now)

It's too much right now, and I find the way they are trying to balance it frustrating. I think what they also planned in Damien was a fun zeal instead of last season's Ra's ominous and moody foreboding. But, I think it goes a bit far in alot of cases.

Also, just having Malcolm bop back and forth, in and out in eps is silly. Malcolm's flair and panache for showing up infrequently (when I really loved him) seems silly or over the top to include him now. I know how I'd use him better.

Ollie & Felcity stuff I liked. Good conversations. Ollie doing Mayoral candidate stuff and working that angle I like. But this season just seems really...rough. If they want to make Ollie the hero of the day, and Green Arrow the hero of the night, I don't see enough city reaction to either case. Is GA making people feel better about being in Star City? I'd say no. Is Oliver standing up and not backing down as he goes for the mayor position good? I'd maybe say yeah, but I think there almost needs to be more media coverage.

So, I'll say this. This season's arc is there; but the plot to get there feels...directionless. Like, the ship will get to port, but it feels like it's being tossed all around at sea without a solid helmsman at the till.

EDIT:

I always like to go and read reviews of the shows after I write my own review. It seems this ep was really liked out there. Now, I'm not saying I disliked or hated it; I just want a better overall direction. But the one line I read that I did really enjoy, and that it did make sense was this. "Arrow is once again...just Arrow." And that's true, for better and for not so great; this is how the series lives and makes it's moves!! With no more crossovers or bigger tv events to interrupt or build up to, I hope to see the vigilante aspect of GA return. Sure, be the hero, no killing, but man, take it to HiVE and wreck some shit! Get proactive!! Hunt them down!!

Also, I totally thought that Holt's husband would get killed here, and spur him on to be Mr. Terrific (in a roundabout manner that created Michael Holt's Mr. T in the comics). .....HOLY SHIT I MISS THAT CHARACTER!!!

Also, it was really fun to watch the parents dating in this ep, and to see how horrified it made Felicity.Wink

« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 06:11:33 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2016, 02:19:33 PM »

Ep. 10 'Blood Debt'

I'm going to call this a little ...poor. I get tired of seeing some of the tired tropes used again. "I must do things my own way." "I must go darker." "This is all my fault."

Listen. We've done this time and time again in the past.

That. Doesn't. Work.

You (characters) have shown it. You've worked through it, you've come out stronger for it. This regression doesn't make your character motivations look weak, it makes your writers look stupid in this regard.

This ep just seemed a spinning wheel. Yet another meeting with Dahrk; show how good he is, but it leads to naught.

Wasn't that great. I know that this show feeds on the dark of things, on the hard choices they feel the heroes must do, that they must be pushed by the horrible elements of crime around them. But there are the moments (like this ep) where that just seems tired. Like they don't learn.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 12:59:53 AM »

Ep 11 'A.W.O.L'

Cool; a Dig episode replete with flashback!!

As always, the action is really good. Damn great stunt fighting choreography.

The Felicity stuff...heh heh heh...black goth Felicity is always fun to look at. Oliver pushing her to 'get back in the game' would help was extemporaneous fluff to move the story. She, of course, can act the shit out of it!! Glad to see they continue to address things and move on and learn from them.

Edit to add later

Lyla getting kidnapped ...again...blah. Glad to see they addressed Andy's ex-wife and son, however. And to get Andy to meet Dig's family was good too. Wowzers! Killing TV Amanda Waller. Hunh.

The island stuff...still not as exciting anymore. The camp leader is a ridiculous figure; why he would allow Oliver to continue to live is too over the top.

An okay ep. Stuff I liked about, but the stuff I don't like (Thea and Laurel in costume, plots of convenience) will continue to rear it's ugly head this whole season. Can't be helped. Oh well. It's still possible that everything will turn out amazing!

I'm the ever loving optimist. Wink

« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 02:35:11 AM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2016, 02:01:46 AM »

Ep 12 'Unchained'

Man, everybody came back for this ep!! Merlyn, Roy, Shado, Tatsu, Nyssa; what a smorgasbord!!! Hell, even Curtis Holt finally came back! I forgot about our Mr. Terrific in the show.

Man, I missed Roy. Easy and fun to watch him. Great to see him back in costume. Him and Thea were so nice together.

I'd like to watch Merlyn do something besides just narrate exposition to explain the mystic or unknown. He's much more fun and cool when he's following a plan of his own.

Sword fighting was great this ep. The parkour and stunts were really cool.

This show has way too much techno babble bullshit on it. I enjoy far more vigilanteism on this show, and way less computer magic winning the day. Been a big problem of mine with this show (and a little bit on Flash as well).

A rushed ep, but I feel it was that way just to give Roy a bigger single ep spotlight, but then all the other stuff just felt a bit flat.

Just crammed, and convoluted with too many characters and crunch in it.

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS