HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 02:10:58 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Super-Girl  (Read 19778 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2016, 02:21:56 AM »

Worlds Finest

Loved this episode!!!!!!!

I like how they use the multiverse to explain all the shows.  Genius!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2016, 01:17:33 AM »

Even with complaints, 'Worlds Finest' was simply awesome. I even LOVED Winn getting digs on James because of how surly and grumpy Olsen got with Barry around. See? THAT'S a great love triangle/relationship builder! What a great, fun ep to watch! Oh sure, SO much was glossed over or run roughshod to get to the point, but hell, it made sense here, and I loved it.

What else I do wonder now...I don't want Cadmus to be the 'evil place.' I want it to be the mad scientist place, and if there are rumors to have a clone Superboy around for season 2, I'm all about it! How about turning that lame ass Harper into a newly cloned Guardian? Yeah, BRING IT I say!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »

And, lo, the first season has ended.

I think it did well. They represented a strong,young woman without going "gRRRL power" or anything of the like. Things calmed down towards the end of the season with all the normals telling Supergirl not to risk herself for fear of her "getting hurt."

The show shines with Beniost and Flockheart. Kara and Cat were the backbone and strength of this show. A woman far stronger than Kara, Cat really represented how a strong woman can be seen as a firm backed person, while also having her own personality. It didn't always scream 'b!tch', even though she more or less was! But she also wasn't. I liked her a lot.

Winn got better the less he got used. After Worlds Finest and his genius computer hacking of Kryptonian computer code, he faded back to sidekick, and was stronger for it.

Starting as truly awful, once the reveal of Hank was done, suddenly his character smoothed out and became a bit stronger. And a great back up and partner to Supergirl too! A bit of genius to pair that guy up with Supergirl, honestly.

James and her sister Alex...no thank you. Ugh. Ugh to the highest degree. When they are on screen, I just cringe at how poor their characters are written, and how awful they have to act to bring them across. It's so weird to see Alex on Grey's Anatomy before this, and then to see her here. I feel bad for her, almost!

Should this come back? Yes, yes it should. Hopefully it does, and hopefully they just allow the show to grow by leaps, and bounds!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2016, 01:02:37 AM »

To all the girls that enjoy it ... and the older men as well  Tongue  Wink I hope this does come back  Smiley

We need good, clean, hero stuff (Man I hope that is what this show is bringing)

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »

It definitely is.  It's nice to have a family show to watch without having to worry if anything inappropriate for the youngsters might pop up.  Reminds me of those George Reeves Superman shows at time and I like that.

I like how they wrap up an episode and basically start the next episode in the last two minutes. Leaving with you a cliffhanger every week.  Looking forward to next season!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2016, 01:04:56 AM »

Welcome to the WB!!

YOu know...I think it may ACTUALLY improve the show!! No kidding!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2016, 02:05:52 PM »

Maybe they'll wipe away the alternate earth thing and put her in the same world as Flash and Arrow.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS