HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 07:23:31 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Flash Season 2  (Read 43340 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #75 on: April 30, 2016, 05:50:52 PM »

Oh, this isn't the end of the show for me. NO way there! But there's been some really dumb stuff happening to extend the season out to it's 22 or 23 episodes. That's what's happening right now.  Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #76 on: May 01, 2016, 01:11:08 AM »

Well the one episode didn't get me to the point of stopping  Wink, all I said was I was getting scared that I may up doing so after watching the next one. I can forgive bad episodes here and there, but when the start coming back to back ... Yeah, I get worried. And hey, ZOOM wasn't just bad, it was the worst episode I have seen. It was horrid
 Undecided

And I also wonder if cage boy could be
the real Jay Garrick.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #77 on: May 01, 2016, 02:25:23 AM »

And I also wonder if cage boy could be
the real Jay Garrick.

Yes I've thought that I too.  Just not sure if that would just be more confusing or not.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #78 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:43 AM »

Since we've all thought that one time or another, how confusing would it be if it was:

Zoom's father? Just so Zoom can torture him? After all, how many people after WWII and Nam actually know Morse code? <besides every military character when it's needed...although, that wasn't Morse code, it was binary something or other....>

Then again, probably not, as they are kind of riffing on the 'Man in the Iron Mask' Dumas book, so it's probably just the correct Jay Garrick.

What I wonder.....are Jay Garrick and Hunter Zolomon other worldly dopplegangers? Or will Jay be an entirely new actor to play the actual Mercury Speedster?

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #79 on: May 01, 2016, 03:08:17 PM »

I thought that at one time too and actually could have sworn I posted it here, but damn if I can find it now  Cheesy Cheesy

EDIT - No, I actually remember now. I just saw it somewhere and thought I posted it here, but did not.
 Cheesy Cheesy

But yeah, could be for sure.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:10:19 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2016, 02:55:01 AM »

Ep ...19? 'Rupture'

Gawd, howdumb are all the heroes that they didn't expect Zoom to come back and be evil despot for this city? How come Cisco can't close the ruptures he opened? Because plot.  Roll Eyes

Look at how awful a monster he is. DUH!!! What stupid writing of the show to get them to this point. It's just spinning wheels-fully, I believe- until the finale. Gahk.

I'm more frustrated by it, than hateful of it. Its what happens when you make a Big Bad appear immediately in the first ep, and you try to keep that level amped up the entire season. You can't do it.

Cisco! Cisco is the greatest part of this show! What depth!

Henry Allen's mother's maiden's name was Garrick? Hmm...I think at one point I did suggest that the Man in the Mask was Earth-2 Henry....just so we could see John Wesley Shipp back in a Flash suit! And what do we have; but JWS appear in episodes again!! Grin

And now we again give Barry his powers for a 3rd time in the series.

Iris decides to fully come around to her feelings for Barry...who is more than ambivalent about those feelings, it seems!!

And the drama, of Barry going through with the experiment again, with what everyone else was feeling was ...not there. We all know that he will become Flash again, so the moments shared here don't matter. They don't resonate at all for me.

But this must be how we get Jesse Quick and Kid Flash! Grin

And Cisco with the wand...priceless!!

and ok ep in the end, but nothing that really makes it a true winner. Except Cisco.

He is so cool, that he is at the exact opposite end of the spectrum that involves Caitlin as far from him as possible. Sighs sadly

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2016, 01:20:02 PM »

I liked this episode if for no other reason than...

Looks like we'll be getting Jessie Quick and Kid Flash.  I'm looking forward to a Flash family of speedsters but also hoping it doesn't backfire and I get tired of so many speedsters.

Only three episodes left including tonights!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2016, 09:05:37 PM »

Who is the man in the Iron Mask?
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #83 on: May 18, 2016, 01:53:23 AM »

After watching the episode prior to the Kevin Smith directed one, I was really close to throwing my remote at this show. I am/was sick of this Barry Allen being so damn stupid. Acting so damn stupid. Luckily, I didn't hit delete and decided to watch the last one ... not the one on currently ... not the one airing right now, but last weeks, with the new Booster Gold writer and holy hell ... YES !!

Finally, another good episode of Flash !!!!

Hope this is the turning point and it stays on this path!!!!! The path of good story telling!!!! Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #84 on: May 18, 2016, 02:42:41 AM »

Right? Great ep! But only 2 more left this season!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #85 on: May 18, 2016, 04:40:19 AM »

Tonight's was good but I'm ready for this story to end.

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #86 on: May 19, 2016, 03:21:33 AM »

Tonight's was good but I'm ready for this story to end.

Agreed.

Almost a full return to form! But also, dammit!!  Angry

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2016, 09:11:03 PM »

Ugh, what a season finale.

We get more stupid Barry ... just what this show needed.  Roll Eyes And that ending, when he essentially
pushes Iris away?After just getting together?
Oh come on. Enough teen-age drama crap!!! It's like a guy at one of the LCS' I go to said (and he heard it from somewhere but couldn't remember where) -
"The CW shows have their actors dialog their emotion instead of just showing it. That brings the overall level down. Especially when sadness or anger is concerned. It makes them seem like overacting High-School performers"

Yeah, Robert. I get ya. But it isn't as bad and I can overlook it when it deals with a character I like IE the Flash. I don't like dumb-ass Barry however, so ... yeah, Robert. Yeah Undecided Embarrassed

Man, if next year starts like this years past 5 or 6 episodes (one stellar episode aside), I don't think I will stay on. Just not into this show or the characters when they are portrayed opposite of what they truly are. Well, as "truly are" as fictional characters can be.
 Grin

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2016, 01:04:27 AM »

More Stupid Barry makes more of the greatest problems!!!

Those Speed force doubles confuse the shit out of me. I can't even figure out what they hell they really were.

Was I right at some point about the man in the mask? Scrolling to check now...

I can't see older pages, but yeah, we were all right. Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #89 on: May 28, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »

Yeah WTF in that cliff hanger.  Are we going to have to sit through a season of Flashpoint?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS