HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 06:00:14 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Joker 2 premieres in theaters October 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Comic Book Day - September 16, 2015  (Read 3999 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 14, 2015, 09:32:14 PM »

Big shipment building up this month.

Queuing up for my September shipment.      

Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows #5      
Batman #44      
Broken World #4 (of 4)      
Earth 2 Society #4      
Flash #43      
Future Imperfect #5      
Grayson #11      
House of M #2      
House of M #3      
Jupiters Circle #6       
Low #9       
Martian Manhunter #4      
Marvel Zombies #3      
Ninjak #6      
Old Man Logan #4      
Planet Hulk #5      
Southern Cross #5 (MR)      
Thors #3      
Walking Dead #146       
We Stand On Guard #3       

Birthright TP Vol 02      
Saga TP Vol 05       
X-O Manowar TP Vol 09 Dead Hand      

Also ordering from InstockTrades:
Archer and Armstrong TPB (2012- Valiant) 7

And now for my confusion.

I switched to TPB for Fade Out.  Issue number 9 is coming out Wednesday but so is TPB Vol 2.
So the TPB says it collects issues #6 - 10.  How can that be if #9 just came out today?
And since I already own #6-8 should I just go ahead and buy issues 9 & 10 and start my trade buying on Vol 3?

What to do....what to do.......

Ah ha!  Must have been a misprint.  Just checked Image's website and they say Vol 2 collects 6-8.  So I'm good to wait for Vol 3.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 02:47:47 AM »

Mine shipped! Along with an order from Instock Trades the same day, too!!!

So, once I hit the LCS, it's gonna be:

Action Comics 44
Black Canary 4
Green Lantern Lost Army 4

Batman HC Vol 07 Endgame
Batman Superman #24
Birthright TP Vol 02
Bizarro #4 (of 6)
Bloodshot Reborn TP Vol 01 Colorado
Cyborg #2
Deathstroke Annual #1 *Sold Out*
Green Lantern #44
Martian Manhunter #4
Ninjak #6 Cvr A Suayan (New Arc)
Rebels #6
Superman #43 Bombshells Var Ed
Superman Wonder Woman #21

And my trades of Remender X-force coll v1, Black Panther coll v1 by Priest, and Thanos Infinity Relativity OGN.

Oh. Yeah.  Cool

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 08:13:15 AM »

It's 3:30 AM (Est) and Comixology still has not put up the new releases. I thought they opened them up at Midnight, but I have never tried before so now I know.
 Cheesy

But, I will be eventually getting, through them, Image or borrow from Dave (though that list from him seems to be getting smaller as I either buy them anyway or just tell him not to bother as I just don't have the time to read all this stuff)

Bizarro #4
Constantine #4
Martian Manhunter #4
Robin ... Son of Batman #4

AOA #4
Agent Carter One-Shot #1
Captain America White #1 (and #0?)
Gaurdians of Knowhere #4
House of M #3
Infinity Gaunlet #4
Miracleman #2 (Gaiman)
Secret Was Journal #5
Spider-Island #4
Spider-Verse #4
Star Wars #9
Lando #4

Beauty #2
Fade Out #9
Invincible #123
Secret I.D. #7
Southern Cross #5 - trying again for an issue or two
Bloodshot: Reborn #6
Ivar, Timewalker #9 (at least I hear it is coming out today)
Rai #10
Star Trek #49 (Hey, Cow  Wink) To prep for issue #50's Mirrored Universe (because, ya know, it hasn't been beaten to death)

Thinking about adding -
2099AD - as I miss anthologies (also thinking Dark Horse presents as well, but 2000AD is weekly)
Heavy Metal - for the same anthology reason, but this month they also have a Kirby story?
Suicide Squad - Just because ... I have no damn clue why. Margot Robbie? Maybe?  Undecided
Paybacks #1 - About a team of repo guys that collect debt from super-powered people. Ha. THIS cover is hilarious.

Thinking on whether or not to continue with -
Wonder Woman #44
Green Lantern: Lost Army #4 (was 12 issues and now only 6. Ugh. Stories ending is gonna blow now. Also included in that "the ending is gonna suck, so I may jump off now" category - Lobo and Omega Men. Justice League United just sucked anyway, regardless of how that ending has changed. DC did us all a favor by killing that drek)

Stopped buying a couple Secret Wars sub-titles as they just suck .... *ahem* ... are just not for me. Most of the mutant related stuff is either just okay or pretty weak, except for House of M, as well as some other non-mutant stuff like 2099 which is horrendous. Another case this week - Armor Wars just did nothing. AoA could've been on that list had I caught it in time. It isn't horrible, just ... eh. But now I want to see where it goes  Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 12:10:59 PM »

Got the email this morning. Mine shipped too!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 10:45:39 AM »

Cyborg #2 (sold out and just got the re-order)
Teen Titans #6 (missing back issue)
Wonder Woman #44
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 05:39:01 PM »

Cyborg #2 (sold out and just got the re-order)
Teen Titans #6 (missing back issue)
Wonder Woman #44

Who is this? This use to be Rodney, but he must have accidently found a way to defy the pull of gravity and fell off the face of the Earth.
 Wink Smiley

(Hope all is well, buddy)

EDIT - also, for my comics, I added that new Remender book Tokyo Ghost #1 (had not intended to but saw first three pages and it changed my mind  Undecided) and Black Canary #4 as Pia Guerra is guest artist and I just could not resist that.

That is all the comics I added, so no need to read further ... you can stop now ...

I also snatched up Black Canary 1-3 as I didn't want the chance of being lost when I read issue #4 ... that I only got because of the art

Shocked
 Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 05:44:54 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 02:09:56 PM »

That is all the comics I added, so no need to read further ... you can stop now ...

I also snatched up Black Canary 1-3 as I didn't want the chance of being lost when I read issue #4 ... that I only got because of the art

Shocked
 Cheesy

HA! You slay me Perry!!   Cheesy

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »

Grin

Only thing I think I am really killing is my wallet. With Marvel "Revamp" getting ready to hit, I already know my funds will be going out in droves, yet I keep buying stuff now. I need to rethink my buying habits. Soon.

Not only am I spending too much, I am getting further behind on the comics I know I like. But yet I'm spending more and more on comics I want to try or give a chance to... or the back issues of titles I missed the first time. I start reading those and get further behind on my normal stuff. I must be up to 25 or so Image titles now, a couple Oni, Boom and Avatar, plus a good amount of Dark Horse. Don't get me wrong, I have found some great, really great titles doing this, but I am getting further and further away from the titles I have invested so much time in already. Or the titles that I really want to stay updated on. Stuff like my Valiant titles and the DC mainstays and Marvel Secret Wars keep taking the back seat as I discover new titles. Making it impossible to read ALL the titles.
 Angry

I have to stop this. am such a sad person.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have to remember another good part about digital, it will always be there. I don't have to worry about grabbing the titles when they first come out like I use to do to ensure I had a first print to maintain resell value. I can buy what I want whenever I want. It doesn't need to be the week it comes out. I think that is my biggest hurdle or change I need to work on.

Black Canary is a great example. I didn't need to get these now, this second, to make sure I got that Pia issue, it will be there whenever I am ready to read it ... and the issues prior  Cheesy ... but I still have that "grab it now, quick!" mentality.
 Undecided

I think this next month will start the process of me calming the hell down.
 Sad

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS