HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 08:52:07 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Captain America: New World Order premieres in theaters February 14, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lobo  (Read 4499 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:40 PM »

So tell me ... why all the hate for this new guy?

I just got through reading the first 3 issues of this series and while it has not been that great, it is nothing wrong with the character that I can see. True, he is not as obnoxious as the 90's Lobo, but that was suppose to be a caricature of the times. Now while some may say exactly, he is nothing like this guy for that very reason, can we not look at this guy and say that HE is now the caricature of THESE times?

Sleeker and faster looking. Not what fans wanted. Unnecessary lines and colors all over.

New and improved? No, but once this gets going, maybe he will be.

And while this book is nothing special  ... it reads like any Dan Jurgens book ... that can still be okay, can't it? I mean Booster was nothing "great" but his book was pretty fun, right? Now, don't get me wrong, so far this book isn't "fun" but I can see that it could get there pretty easily, even if it doesn't showcase a huge blue biker with a cigar dangling from his teeth, spouting off on all things 1990's
 Grin

Issues 1-3 = 5 outta 10 Bastich'es  Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 08:35:10 PM »

If I remember right didn't they keep the other Lobo in the new 52?  I think there are now 2 Lobo's - the old one and this new one.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:31:13 AM »

Well ... not exactly

New Lobo cuts the head off old Lobo on panel one and by the end of the page or next, fries his head with a blaster that (paraphrasing) " ...even a Lobo can't come back from"

Grin

But I'm only at issue #4 ... so maybe later?

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 02:48:00 PM »

I have never cared one iota about Lobo, in all honesty. Whenever he would show up, I'd assume it was some kinda joke issue, a one-off, or a throw-away storyline. If he's somehow relevant now (and I agree Perry, he's totally the caricature of what a 'hero' or movie action star is now-some metrosexual, waxed, skinny, hair done up lazily pretty boy ass kicker.I think that's the biggest part of the joke.  Cheesy )

Jimmy T since 2001
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS