HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 11:10:03 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: November 2015 Pre-Orders - Whatcha gettin'?  (Read 9050 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 25, 2015, 08:41:51 PM »

Wow.  Switching to Trades and going digital with Marvel really can shorten the monthly pull.  Especially if no TPB's come out that month!

DC COMICS
Batman 46
Earth 2 Society 6    
Flash 46 - Might drop this one since its the start of a new arc and I'm not sure this current Reverse Flash arc is my cup of tea.   
Grayson 14    
Justice League 46 - keeping throuhg the Darkseid Anti-Monitor War.    
Martian Manhunter 6    
Titans Hunt 2    

IMAGE COMICS
Walking Dead 148 - I'm gonna stay on floppies through issue 150 then switch to TPB.   
We Stand On Guard 5 - last floppy then switching to TPB on this one.

MARVEL COMICS
Doctor Strange 2 - buying first arc then switching to MU
Extraordinary X-Men 3 - buying first arc then switching to MU    

If I really get this down to just 4 or 5 DC titles a month I might just go full digital.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 02:08:40 AM »

If I really get this down to just 4 or 5 DC titles a month I might just go full digital.

4 or 5 DC tpb titles, or just titles in general?

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:12:47 AM »

4 or 5 DC tpb titles, or just titles in general?

I don't get DC in Trade so I mean titles.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 01:36:58 PM »

I don't get DC in Trade so I mean titles.

At first I was gonna be 'WOW!'  Shocked

-but then I realized that I'm the same with Marvel.

Trades of Captain America/Sam Wilson, Captain America, The Mighty Thor, Ellis written Karnak, Waid Avengers, Uncanny Avengers (IF that stays good with Remender gone-but I like the new writer as well, just forgot his name right-right-right now!).

Although, Unlimited helps for the rest. Wink

Man, IF DC would go that route....I'd drop ALOT of floppy & trade books.

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 02:03:45 AM »

Wow.  Switching to Trades and going digital with Marvel really can shorten the monthly pull.  Especially if no TPB's come out that month!

Yeah man. But just wait until you get to that month where 3 HC's and 9 trades of the titles you want to buy come out  Grin Grin Grin

Be prepared to spend more money  Cheesy Grin It's just too damn easy to say "oh, what the heck? click Oh, and why not this one too? click
 Grin

My first month I spent way more than I even thought I did. I then tried to reel it in, but ... screw it. I enjoy them, I don't care now.

I am saving up for the big Marvel explosion and all their titles, but as I am getting most of the Secret Wars stuff I haven't been able to save as much as I wanted (though that 2099 stuff sure was a waste)
 Angry

I will come back tomorrow with my list, approximately, as I always get more than I think I will  Undecided  Undecided Grin
(Sorry, I keep having to bolt right after I sit down it seems)
 Angry

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2015, 01:09:20 PM »

Okay, I'm back.

Thinking over this, I am just not going to type all the DC, Image or Marvel comics I have set to either buy or that I will borrow/read from Dave/other, trust me, it's a lot. Luckily a little less this preview month as a lot of the Image titles I like are not coming out (Birthright, Black Science, Copperhead, Kaptara, Lazarus, Low(which I still have yet to read), Nailbiter, Outcast and Saga are all in skip/recovery month(s) ... thankfully)
 Grin

So instead of typing ... thousands of titles ... hahaha okay, about 80 or so I guess ... from the big three (That's right, to me Image is in the "big" now!!!) I am just going to list the smaller publisher titles I will or possibly will buy/read (and sadly that does not include Rachel Rising this month either. Damn what a short month)
 Wink

God is Dead #43
Mercury Heat #4
War Stories #13

Boom
Arcadia #6
Rowans Ruin #1

Dark Horse
Pastaways #7
This Damned Band #3
Adam.3 #3 ... maybe ... if I can find the first two issues of this Scott Kollins book

IDW
Godzilla in Hell #4  Grin
Shrinking Man #4
Star Trek #50 ... maybe
and I may try and find the first issues of Walter Simonson's Ragnarok. Him doing the Norse stuff again just excites me
 Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 01:13:01 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »

Dark Horse
<I'm going to want to find 'Old West, New Magic' when that is traded. Greg Pak, a mystical Old West story with a Chinese gunslinger looking for his wife amid monsters, sorcery and a magic sword!! Greg Pak!>
Rebels 8

DC
Action Comics 46
Aquaman 46
Bizarro 6
Black Canary 6 (full make/or break time!)
Deathstroke 12
Flash 46
Green Arrow 46
Green Lantern 46
Green Lantern Lost Army 6
Justice League3001 6
Martian Manhunter 6
Sinestro 17
Superman: Lois & Clark 2

Green Arrow v4 (Grell)

Maybe Cyborg...liked the first issue well enough

Invincible Ultimate Collection HC 10 !!!

Marvel
Black Panther: The Complete Collection v2 (Priest!!)

Valiant
Imperium v2
Unity v6

Oy! Damn, this a full looking list! I gotta be converting some more of my DC to tpbs instead. In fact...Flash is off the list. That's an easy trade conversion for me. And to be fair, so should Green Lantern...but I'm really enjoying being caught up with GL at this time, though. Decisions decisions...

If there would be titles that I could get digital, if they were a discounted price, it'd be Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro. I don't care about owning these books in floppy or tpb, but I do want to read them. More decisions....

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2015, 05:29:03 PM »

Trying again as I responded to this about an hour ago, but I must have not save it? I guess?
 Undecided Undecided Undecided

Dark Horse
Rebels 8

Damn, I forgot about this one. Good stuff (at least issue 1 and 2 were)

Invincible Ultimate Collection HC 10 !!!

This is going to be a tough call for me. I have volumes 1-9, but I am now caught up, issue wise, with digital. I really like the look of those nine books on the shelf and think that adding that tenth would look cool also  Grin, but then again, do I want to double dip?
Arrrrhhhh
Have to think about this one.

Valiant
Imperium v2
Unity v6

No Ninjak (or are you trade waiting that?)

If there would be titles that I could get digital, if they were a discounted price, it'd be Black Canary, Martian Manhunter, Sinestro. I don't care about owning these books in floppy or tpb, but I do want to read them. More decisions....

Well, is you can wait two months they go on sale. You only save $1 on them, but if you buy three at $1.99, it is like getting the third on free because you would have saved $2. Plus, waiting 2 months is better than 6
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 05:21:56 PM »

I missed the Valiant Trades in my original pass.  Also missed Empire Uprising so I added that.  And decided to drop Flash.

Here's my actual order from DCBS:

Batman #46
EARTH 2 SOCIETY #6
GRAYSON #14
JUSTICE LEAGUE #46
MARTIAN MANHUNTER #6
TITANS HUNT #2 (OF 12)
LEX LUTHOR A CELEBRATION OF 75 YEARS HC

DOCTOR STRANGE #2
EXTRAORDINARY X-MEN #3

EMPIRE UPRISING #6
WALKING DEAD #148 (MR)
WE STAND ON GUARD #5 (MR)

IMPERIUM TP VOL 02 BROKEN ANGELS
UNITY TP VOL 06 THE WAR MONGER

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »

We Stand on Guard a limited series?

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 05:37:19 PM »

We Stand on Guard a limited series?

Image Trades are usually 5 issue collections.  Doesn't make sense to have to buy the first trade to read just issue 5.   Wink

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 01:11:07 AM »

Oh yeah, I was just asking if it was a limited-series. I didn't realize it was

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 01:34:14 AM »

Oh sorry.  I don't know if it is or not. I just assumed it was an on going.

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 01:45:15 PM »

Oh sorry.  I don't know if it is or not. I just assumed it was an on going.

I just heard on iFanboy that it is a six issue mini series.  Looks like I'll just finish out the mini in floppy form.

Thats probably what you were trying to tell me but I'm dumb as a brick sometimes.   Grin

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2015, 02:02:21 PM »

Thats probably what you were trying to tell me but I'm dumb as a brick sometimes.   Grin

Cheesy
No, no, honestly I didn't know. I thought I overheard it from someone at the LCS, but didn't know the guy so I didn't but-in and ask him to repeat it and they had the guy at the counter I can't stand so I didn't ask him. Then, to top it off, I was lazy as hell and didn't research it to find out, so honestly I was just asking if you knew.
 Grin

sooo .... thanks?

Cheesy Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS