HR Boards
March 29, 2024, 11:33:09 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Deadpool 3 premieres in theaters May 3, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Reading List from 9/18/15  (Read 3483 times)
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« on: September 19, 2015, 02:39:49 PM »

I got my comics in the mail, but I decided that tonight was a MU night instead!!! I was behind by about a week or two, so it was time to hammer down!!

Ant-Man #3-fun reading, a cool title; makes me wonder if there are some Scott Lang fans who don't care for the rollback of this character's personality.

Star Wars #3, Darth Vader #2, Leia #1-yes, I have been enjoying these Star Wars reads. Cool

Fantastic Four #644-very cool, very big and out of this world (I won't lie, I think Hickman's run was a little better still), but what will become of Marvel's attitude towards FF in the future?

New Avengers #31, Avengers World #13, Avengers #42-really love LOVE watching see how this all feeds together.

Iron Fist #10-what a weird, goofy run that has hit a threshold where I'm not 100% on board or sold on it anymore. ABout 94% still....Wink

Superior Iron Man #6-the changes that have been made to and by this character are staggering....too bad I still won't purchase it after Secret Wars

Thor #6- Sooooooo GUUUUUD to read!!! Love this mythology and build of Aaron's run!!! And Russell Dauterman's style really impresses me alot!!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 07:57:23 PM »

Ant-Man #3-fun reading, a cool title; makes me wonder if there are some Scott Lang fans who don't care for the rollback of this character's personality.

I love this comic and if you enjoy it now, just wait until issue #4 (hint: the cover)  Cheesy That is when this title claims its way into top 5 status for me. Easily. Just so damn well done.

However, I'm not familiar with the "rollback" in personality though. I don't remember anything, I mean. I know he was a more serious character before, if that is what you mean then yes, I am sure there are some people that hate it, even though it is not Batman or Captain America we are talking about here. We are talking about a character, that while neat and cool (for me) in the 80's, was not very different than a lot of other white, male, b-list characters. I mean slightly, but this Lang guy was always more about the shrinking and growing than any other aspect of his life personally. His daughter aside, which did add a flair to his personality but ... not as much as now I think (again, if I remember right ... and that is probably not happpening  Cheesy)
I think, back then, this costume could have easily held any number of guys and it wouldn't have been too much different.

Now prior to Bendis' Avengers obliteration, he was a little more descriptive, but used so seldom I am not sure I even remember anything about him, on a personal level.

But all that mis-remembering aside  Cheesy, I am loving him here. More than ever.  Smiley

Star Wars #3, Darth Vader #2, Leia #1-yes, I have been enjoying these Star Wars reads. Cool

Good stuff indeed. Vader is spot on, as are the characters in SW and Leia was a nice mini. Seriously waiting for the Chewbacca mini that is following the great Lando mini.

Fantastic Four #644-very cool, very big and out of this world (I won't lie, I think Hickman's run was a little better still), but what will become of Marvel's attitude towards FF in the future?

That is the question.

If true (again - "IF") Major spoilery stuff that I may have been spoiled on, so if you would also like to be spoiled, just look inside of this ---->
I am hearing the both Reed and Sue die in the final or penultimate chapter of Secret Wars. Leaving Johnny to go with the Inhumans (as we know happens thanks to the preview covers) and Ben to go chasing the stars in Guardians of the Galaxy (which we also know thanks to the preview covers)

Now while I am pissed I heard that, and more that it is probably what happens, I also know that it will change sooner than later (spoiler not a true spoiler just related to spoiler above)
as Marvel has to keep it's copyright with the characters at least, even i they are not on a team Wink. I am still hoping this isn't happening though

I so want to talk about where the Thing, Johnny and Reed are in Secret War, but I am not sure if everyone either knows, or has got it yet or wants to wait on MU, so I am not even putting it behind a spoiler tag.  Smiley I know Jeff knows about Johnny, but not sure of the others.

New Avengers #31, Avengers World #13, Avengers #42-really love LOVE watching see how this all feeds together.

I have them all, but I have still not read past issue #2 of Avengers and issue #6 (or so) of New. I wanted to wait until it was over, even though I knew it is what led up to/caused Secret War. I know what happened, but I have never read the story. Need to get on that. Just another in a long list.
 Undecided Cry Embarrassed

Iron Fist #10-what a weird, goofy run that has hit a threshold where I'm not 100% on board or sold on it anymore. ABout 94% still....Wink

Yep, that is where it started to fall for me.

Now I will admit to the story failing apart just a tad around issue 10 or 11 (I still have to read issue 12), but is these reviews are based on just the first 6 issues ... I can't help those people.

I kinda wished I had stopped at issue 8  Cheesy, but sadly had to finish it.  Cheesy It didn't end badly, just poorly, perahps. Not as strong as it started anyway
 Undecided Embarrassed Embarrassed

[/quote]
Superior Iron Man #6-the changes that have been made to and by this character are staggering....too bad I still won't purchase it after Secret Wars

He was the lone hero that was able to avoid the mechanism that changed all the heroes back to being heroes and villains back to being villains in that AXIS story line. Same reason we still have a "good" Sabertooth and a not so gentle Havok ... during this time at Marvel at least
 Smiley

Thor #6- Sooooooo GUUUUUD to read!!! Love this mythology and build of Aaron's run!!! And Russell Dauterman's style really impresses me alot!!

Can only answer with Yeeeeeeeesssssssss it is sooooooooo Gooooooood! (or Guuuuuuud)

F'n brilliant stuff here and another top 5 book!!!!! You book-ended them in this post  Cheesy Cheesy

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS