HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:40:16 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Despicable Me 4 premieres in theaters July 4, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: October Pre-Orders  (Read 3638 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: August 06, 2015, 05:45:51 PM »

Here's my first pass.........stayed under $50!

1872 #4      
Batman #45      
Doctor Strange #1      
Earth 2 Society #5      
Empire Uprising #5      
Extraordinary X-Men #1      
Flash #45      
Grayson #13      
House of M #4      
Justice League #45      
Martian Manhunter #5      
Marvel Zombies #4      
Secret Wars #8 (of 8 )      
Thors #4      
Titans Hunt #1 (of 12)      
Walking Dead #147       
We Stand On Guard #4       
All New All Different Point One #1      

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2015, 09:31:26 PM »

No Invisible Republic or are you going trade/HC on that?

Books I think everyone should try (Yes, so your pull list can be as large as mine and I won't feel alone or ridiculous  Grin)

BOOM -  
Fiction Squad - HERE - Fun detective type story from Jenkins
Do Androids Dream of Electric Ship - HERE - The TRUE adaption of Phillip K. Dicks book better known as Blade Runner YES YES !!!!
Rowan's Ruin - HERE - I'm giving this new horror book a shot because I haven't read any Mike Carey in ages.
Arcadia - HERE - I've been loving this book. End of the world due to a virus type story where over half the population is locked in a computer program and the rest must care for it ...  but some want out of the Program and some want in. Great read (though issue #2 was a little wordy)

DARKHORSE -
Fight Club 2 - HERE - Honestly, if you liked the movie you must ... MUST read this. A fantastic continuation from the author of Fight Club.
This Damned Band - HERE - I got issue #1 yesterday but have not read it, but Cornell and Parker had me sold, but then you add in the story ... a 70's rock band whose "gimmick" was to be devil worshipers, but what happens when the Devil comes to say hi?

IDW -
G.I. Joe - (Yeah I said it) - HERE Been missing the Joe's ... wanna try to jump back in.
Ragnarock - HERE - 6 words and a letter .... Walter Simonson on Norse Myth? F yeah
(Also checking out the New Uncle Scrooge series and jumoing back into Star Trek as well. Hear that, Cow?)
 Smiley

IMAGE -
Kaptara - HERE - Okay, was not really excited when I heard about this series coming out, but having read the first issue ... hahaha ... pretty good stuff. This is not laugh out loud funny, but ... welll ... picture a ... this is a twisted He-Man and the Masters of the Universe. There. That is what it is.
Faster Than Light - HERE - Been chompin' at the bit waiting for this series to hit!!!
Paper Girls - HERE - Come on, Jeff. You aint gonna let a BKV title go by are you? I'm not.
Black Magick - HERE Gregg Rucka and Nikola Scott? Puh-Lease.
FUSE - HERE - The art takes sometime to get use to, but any comic that reminds me of THIS MOVIE always gets grabbed by me. Even if it is like that movie only in the simplest of ways (cops in space)  Cheesy

OTHER -
Trying these as well THIS (weekly book) and THIS
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 09:35:53 PM by Perry » Logged

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 11:36:26 AM »

I'm switching to trade on Invisible Republic.  Love that book.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
jedicow
HR Super Hero

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »

American vampire 2nd cycle #11
back issue! #85
Conan the avenger #19
Godzilla in hell #4
Exmortis #1 - Universals Monsters fighting in WWII?  TAKE MY MONEY!
Star Trek #50
The Walking Dead #147
Star Wars #11
The Walking Dead: Descent MMPB
Captain America Marvel Masterworks vol.3 TPB

$52 including shipping. 

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2015, 03:58:56 PM »

Dark Horse
Rebels #7

Kaptara v1 ...maybe? Wink

Valiant
Ivar, Time-Walker v2
Unity v1 (new printing)
*I am going all trades now for Valiant!*

DC Comics
Action #45
Aquaman #45
Bizarro #5
Black Canary #5 (still no yearning for me to quit this)
Deathstroke #11
Flash #45
Green Arrow #45
Green Lantern #45
Green Lantern Lost Army #5
Justice League 3001 #5
Martian Manhunter #5
Sinestro #16
Superman #45
Superman: Lois and Clark #1

*Very pissed about the deluxe HC of Lemire's Green Arrow!!! I'm not sure how big it is, but man, if it's like Superman Unchained where it's a bit oversized, I want it! ...but then I have to try and make some money back on the 3 trades I already bought! ARGH

Marvel
Nadda...but I could really buy Karnak to show numbers, but I can wait for the trade here, too, like I am with Captain America and Waid's Avengers.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 04:19:09 PM by Jimmy T » Logged

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 01:37:53 PM »

Exmortis #1 - Universals Monsters fighting in WWII?  TAKE MY MONEY!

Didn't see this! Yep, will get this as well (if I can find a sneak peak at the art)

And Godzilla in Hell is a grand fun time  Grin Super-fast read as it has no dialog, so value may not be there for everyone, but I enjoyed it enough to follow until the end of the mini.
 Smiley

And Jeff, I hear ya !!!
 Smiley

And, Jimmy, going trades on Valiant is a good idea (as it is with every book, really). The stories just flow better.

I have yet to try Rai yet, I keep avoiding it as I am not sure I am interested in a future story from Valiant, but I keep getting closer to trying it. If you, or anyone, do/does decide to try that first trade let me know!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS