HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 12:44:10 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Mission Impossible Dead Reckoning Part 2 premieres in theaters May 23, 2025!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Titans Hunt - plus others...  (Read 8048 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: July 11, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »

Dan Abnett writing MY Titans?  Hell yeah!  I'll get that!

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/07/11/sdcc-15-three-dc-series-spinning-out-of-convergence-dcoctober/

Written by Dan Abnett | Art by Paulo Siqueira | On-sale October 21

CONVERGENCE is over, but the ripples are still being felt, especially by a young precog named Lilith. What are these visions she’s having of a Teen Titans team the world never knew? And why does she feel compelled to seek out Dick Grayson, Roy Harper, Donna Troy and an Atlantean named Garth and warn them that something dark and sinister is coming after them? Who are Mal, Gnarrk, Hank Hall and Dawn Granger, and what is their connection to the others—and to the fate of every soul on Earth? This is the Secret History of the TEEN TITANS!

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 11:58:26 AM »

You bet.

And look, Raven looks like Raven here and not like a girl with a porcupine on her face. I would pick it up just for that alone. The Abnett thing is just a better bonus.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 08:54:44 PM »

Check out this interview with Abnett.  I'm really starting to get pumped about this comic!  Can't wait to get the first issue.

Old TEEN TITANS Return In 'DCYou'? ABNETT Gives 'Secret History' To DICK, DONNA & More In TITANS HUNT

http://www.newsarama.com/25744-old-teen-titans-back-in-dcyou-abnett-gives-secret-history-to-dick-donna-etc-in-titans-hunt.html

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 01:16:34 AM »

Not going to read the interview, as I don't want to spoil anything yet, but I am very, very excited for this.  Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Gay Titan
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 06:10:52 PM »

Super psyched about this! the current teen titans series sucks ass!
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 09:59:15 PM »

Yep. Flip through a copy of Teen Titans at the LCS and had to wash my hands directly afterwards just to remove the stink.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2015, 03:19:56 AM »

This was just what a first issue should be.

Loved this, looking forward to issue 2

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:30:49 AM »

This was just what a first issue should be.

Loved this, looking forward to issue 2

Well now, I can't believe I felt that way about issue #1, but that's good as I am thinking about breaking out all 8 issues of this mini and try to read it, to completion this time, before I read the Titans Rebirth that is coming out tomorrow.

I do remember not really being as excited for this by the time I got to around issue #4, but we will see how it goes.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 02:56:58 AM »

Keep your expectations low.  Probably should still read it as it definitely leads up to Rebirth.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 11:05:22 AM »

Read through issue #4 last night. Hitting me a little better this read through (maybe as I did in-fact, as you also suggested  Grin, had my expectations pretty low).
 Cheesy

I think it is the character Gnnark that I am having issues with. Well that and Garth's violent nature. But I am having more of a "this is not really them acting this way. It is different characters. It is the Nu52 characters. Not the true team" moment as I read through this time, instead of the "This is not really what I see them as"

Seems to be helping, but I am not done yet  Cheesy

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2016, 01:55:56 PM »

Okay finished this run finally and it wasn't as bad as I had originally thought it was going to be. Not as great as I had very originally hoped either
 Cheesy

Some characters of Tenn Titans past was a good way to set it up, but it is just that those characters from the late 60's are just not that great
 Cheesy

I did enjoy the last words of the series however. After the newly formed team discusses the characters of the past, we are told about the storm that is coming when the young police officer says "... it's just a regular storm, thunder and lightening. And it's almost here".

Thunder and Lightening .... hmmmm ....?
 Wink Smiley

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2016, 03:38:21 PM »

Thunder and Lightening .... hmmmm ....?
 Wink Smiley

Oh - I didn't even think about that.  I thought it was wink towards the character return in Rebirth.  That would be really cool and so like Abnett!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS