HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 10:28:15 AM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom  premieres in theaters now!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Southern Bastards by Jason Aaron  (Read 6451 times)
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: December 31, 2014, 10:45:38 PM »

Wow.  I can't believe I never started a thread for this comic.  Issues 1- 4 have already been collected into a trade and I highly recommend you pick it up.  Earl Tubbs comes home after decades to find his red neck home town being run by the local high school football coach, Boss.  Boss runs the town like a godfather and Earl decides to pick up where his dead sheriff daddy left off.  Great characterization in this book with an ending you won't see coming.  Pick this up!

Issues 5 & 6 are the first half of the second arc which focus' on Boss' "origin" and shows his poor upbringing.  I find myself feeling somewhat sorry for a character I loved to hate in the first arc.  The end of issue six was a gut puncher.

Jason Aaron is doing a great job on this series.  Anyone else reading it?

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 04:01:24 PM »

I hadn't even heard of it til now, but I got no problem jumping into this now!

Jimmy T since 2001
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 04:20:16 PM »

Gonna be on HC I jump on asap!!!

Aaron has jumped into my top 3 writers. He is that good. If you are not reading THOR you should not call yourself a comic fan!

HA, okay, that's not true ... but how about ... if you are a comic fan you must read Thor!
 Grin

Anyone buying his new MEN OF WRATH with Ron Garney on art? Can't wait for that to also hit collected format.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 08:18:46 PM »

I'm thinking Men of Wrath is going to be published by Marvel isn't it?  That's the only reason I can think of for not putting it on my pull.  I'll read it when it hits MU.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 09:56:20 PM »

I'm thinking Men of Wrath is going to be published by Marvel isn't it?  That's the only reason I can think of for not putting it on my pull.  I'll read it when it hits MU.

I doubt that title will be on MU as it is an ICON title (Marvel's version of IMAGE). MU can't save you from everything.
 Grin

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 05:00:29 AM »

I doubt that title will be on MU as it is an ICON title (Marvel's version of IMAGE). MU can't save you from everything.
 Grin

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!  Say it aint so!

Well, if thats the case i will likely pick this up in print.

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2015, 06:26:25 AM »

Cheesy

That was suppose to say "MU can't save you everytime" not "... save you from everthing"
But I guess both works in a way/
 Wink

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 08:22:46 PM »

Issue 9

Wow!  I'm starting to believe there are no redeeming characters in this series.  And I can't stop reading for just that reason!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 10:01:31 PM »

A title I have yet read a single panel. Cry But as Aaron is in my top 5, I at least got the issues.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS