HR Boards
March 28, 2024, 07:31:11 PM*

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Kraven the Hunter premieres in theaters August 30, 2024!
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: CONSTANTINE  (Read 8175 times)
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« on: June 17, 2015, 09:57:44 PM »

Okay Jeff, I know you listen to one of the same podcasts as I (iFanboy) and I think they are pretty spot on, normally. Normally. But Josh couldn't be more wrong with his thoughts on Constantine #1. I mean, I have no issues with him not enjoying the book, but this comic is in no way related to the tv show like he is trying to say it is. This John is almost a spitting image of Vertigo Constantine, especially when you compare it to the Nu52 version. And while I thought the show did a good job of coming close to what it means to be Constantine, it was also on network tv and they just couldn't do what needed to be done.

When Josh relates this book to that tv show, even though this book is on DC proper, it is just wrong. Again, I have no problem with his opinion on not liking it, that's cool, but I really disagree with why he says he didn't like it. Not that he wasn't honest, but I just think he has gotten them too close together. Plus, the bi-sexual aspect of Constantine, which is what he is, kinda bothered Josh I feel and that also didn't help.

Now not saying this book should be something you try, especially if the bi-sexual aspects bothers you (there is NO bi-sexual sex or anything, John just makes a couple of remarks about a good looking guy) I just don't want you to think you shouldn't try it for some of the reasons that Josh stated or sounded like he was trying to state, that the show is bad and this comic is the same ... bad.

The show and the comic are both decent , in my opinion, but this comic blows that show away and is not close to being like what that show was. It is just good. Not as grand as the old Vertigo series, obviously, but pretty damn close.

Okay, back to listening to their show!!!
 Smiley

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 12:50:30 PM »

Lol. Yeah Josh doesn't always get it right.  I'm about 4 weeks behind on the podcast because I wait until I get my books to avoid spoilers.  I think he may suffer from old man brain sometimes because he, like me, sometimes forgets what he read the month before.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2015, 03:33:22 PM »

Grin
That he does.

Avatar mash-up is from Ross Pearsall... and of course those that own the original characters Smiley
Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:18:17 PM »

What's this podcast? I'm willing if it sounds like a weekly entertaining thing.

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 02:14:01 AM »

Ifanboy is the name. You can find it in iTunes if you use an apple device.

“If I could go back in time and like tell 11 year old me that like not only do you get to go to Comic Con but you go every year.  So much so that you get greeted by Stan Lee when you show up.  And 11 year old me would be like - How did we get so fat?”- Kevin Smith
Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 01:19:44 PM »

Or you can just go to their web site HERE and listen, if you are like us non-elitists that refuse to buy Apple Products.
 Tongue

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Jimmy T
Global Moderator
HR Celestial

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 01:44:17 PM »

Or you can just go to their web site HERE and listen, if you are like us non-elitists that refuse to buy Apple Products.
 Tongue

That'd be me!!! Wink

Jimmy T since 2001
Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 02:44:37 PM »

Tongue

Ha!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 01:01:13 PM »

iFanboy has THORS as one of the comics this week. DO NOT listen to it if you want to buy the THORS book. Which you should buy, trust me. Go get it. If you never buy another SW tie-in buy this book. Not for the Secret Wars stuff, which is barely there, but for the story and the characters and how Jason Aaron worked it. But don't spoil yourself ... don't listen to that part of the podcast until after you read Thors #1. Again, if you are getting it ... also again ... and you should get it (or at least Byrne it, damn it)!!!
 Cheesy

And sorry for talking Thor in a DC thread.
 Grin

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 05:57:48 PM »

iFanboy has THORS as one of the comics this week. DO NOT listen to it if you want to buy the THORS book. Which you should buy, trust me. Go get it. If you never buy another SW tie-in buy this book. Not for the Secret Wars stuff, which is barely there, but for the story and the characters and how Jason Aaron worked it. But don't spoil yourself ... don't listen to that part of the podcast until after you read Thors #1. Again, if you are getting it ... also again ... and you should get it (or at least Byrne it, damn it)!!!
 Cheesy

And sorry for talking Thor in a DC thread.
 Grin

Thanks for the heads up!  I didn't have time to go to the LCS so I ordered it (and some others) through mycomicshop.com.  It should be here (Thors) today or tomorrow!

Perry
Just an old man
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2015, 07:40:14 PM »

Ahhh, well never mind my last comment in "this weeks comics"
 Cheesy

Jeff
Administrator
HR Celestial

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2015, 09:07:18 PM »

Ahhh, well never mind my last comment in "this weeks comics"
 Cheesy

Oops!  LOL.  Already replied to that one.   Cheesy

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p ~ Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines MySQL | PHP | XHTML | CSS